Scholarships for Studying Abroad
Shruti Rai last edited by
What are the various types of scholarships for studying abroad?
ChristineJoseph last edited by
There are many different types of scholarships for studying abroad. Let’s take a look at each of them:
- Merit-based: This kind of scholarship is based on the student’s academic, athletic or artistic abilities, among others. These qualities are featured as extracurricular activities and they can vary depending on the scholarship.
- Country of origin-specific: These scholarships are awarded to students who plan to attend a study abroad program in a specific country. They’re awarded based on motivation to study in that country and you have to check with government-sponsored education websites or student bodies to find which ones are available.
- Special backgrounds: These scholarships are awarded on the basis of race, religion, gender, and medical history. The objective of this kind of scholarship is to promote equality and the most common awards are minority scholarships.
- Subject-based: These scholarships are awarded by government institutions or colleges based on a student’s particular major or field of study. They require the applicant to enroll in subject-specific courses while they’re abroad, and eligibility can vary greatly.
- Program-specific: This kind of scholarship is awarded based on personal and academic achievements and they’re offered by colleges and universities. Eligibility and qualifications may vary according to the scholarship.
Read about all these points in detail here: How to apply for scholarships for studying abroad | Application tips inside!
If you still need help choosing the right country for you, our study abroad experts can help. Reach out to them at +91 9145332283 or firstname.lastname@example.org.