Table of Contents
About St. Clair College Toronto
St. Clair College sets the standard for careers to grow. Its programs emphasize technology, innovation, and solution-based applications for future endeavors. Students at St. Clair acquire the knowledge and skills that will be necessary for the advancement of an ever-changing economy.
To stay ahead of the competition today, educators must make a commitment to teach from a place of innovation and to provide learning that encourages and motivates creative thinking and solution-based applications to real-world problems.
St. Clair College, as one of the province’s largest post-secondary educators of health science students, offers cutting-edge technology in its Centre for Applied Health Sciences. This 100,000-square-foot facility is intended to mimic a real hospital setting.
It includes ultrasound, cardiovascular, and respiratory therapy labs. There are fully equipped simulated patient-care suites, as well as a full dental clinic and pharmacy available at the college.
St. Clair College, Toronto | A brief overview
St. Clair College of Applied Arts and Technology (St. Clair College) is an Ontario-based public educational institute in Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent. Ace Acumen Academy, a registered private college, has established licensing agreements with St. Clair College in Toronto, Mississauga, and Brampton, Ontario, Canada. These licensing agreements are referred to as St. Clair at Acumen Toronto, St. Clair at Acumen Mississauga, and St. Clair at Acumen Brampton.
Students enrolled at St. Clair at Acumen will be considered public college students and will receive full credit from St. Clair College for all St. Clair College courses completed at the Ace Acumen campuses. Students who complete the program requirements will receive a diploma from a public institution (St. Clair College) in the Province of Ontario that is accredited by the Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities.
Ace Acumen Academy has locations in Toronto at 1440 Don Mills Rd. Unit 102, Mississauga at 131 Brunel Road, and Brampton at 21 Coventry Rd.
Ace Acumen employees provide all services and classes at these locations in accordance with the licensing agreement.
The following are some of the benefits of attending St. Clair at Acumen-
- Access to a large number of off-campus employment opportunities is possible.
- Public transportation is more frequent and easily accessible.
- Possibility of living in the Greater Toronto Area closer to friends and family.
In 2020, St. Clair College was one of Canada’s Top 50 Research Colleges.
The annual ranking by Research Infosource Inc. is based on the amount of research grants colleges receive, as well as contracts and third-party contributions.
St. Clair ranked 50th, making the list for the first time in the year 2020.
St. Clair received several small research grants from the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) and the provincial government, as well as a couple of larger grants. A majority of in-kind donations came from corporate sources.
St. Clair received $702,852 in sponsored research funding, with nearly $487,000 in grants and contributions and more than $216,000 in in-kind support.
Student satisfaction was 80.2% (compared to the Ontario average of 76.5%).
Time Higher Education ranked St. Clair as one of the top five colleges in Ontario for student satisfaction in 2017.
It also ranked first in Canada for the number of females admitted to SCC’s Computer Networking program.
St. Clair College’s Computer Networking programs, which are Cisco Network Academy certified, ranked first in Canada for having the highest female enrollment.
With 50 female students enrolled, this program represents 23% of the student population. 13% is the national average of female students. In 2017, the College ranked second in total enrolment in computer networking programs in Canada.
Since 1997, the St. Clair College women’s volleyball team has held the highest OCAA and CCAA rankings. The St. Clair women’s team ranked as high as fourth in the CCAA that year, and they went on to win the OCAA Gold Medal and rank fifth in Canada.
St. Clair’s athletic team, the Saints, ranked second in the OCAA and tenth in the CCAA.
The St. Clair College Men’s Basketball team won a Silver Medal at the 40th Annual George Brown Tournament in Toronto.
The Saints defeated La Cité (Ottawa) 113-63 in the semi-final game against the CCAA’s seventh-ranked team, Redeemer University College (Ancaster).
The St. Clair College Men’s Cross-Country team won its first-ever Canadian Collegiate Athletic Association National Championship Gold Medal at Seneca College’s King City campus.
This caps off an incredible season for the Saints, who went undefeated in all five competitions they entered, including three Invitational Meets, the OCAA Provincials, and a National title.
The St. Clair Men ranked second going into the event, but they finished 12 points ahead of the first-placed Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (Calgary, AB).
- World Ranking- 8540
- Continental Ranking- 2001
- Country Rank- 113
- Impact- 4854
- Openness- 7521
- Excellence- 7216
Why does St. Clair College rank high?
Students choose St. Clair for the below-given reasons and the college receives good ratings and rankings based on the same-
- St. Clair College embraces the very best in college education. It prioritizes excellence in teaching, applied learning in cutting-edge labs, a plethora of student support services to help you succeed, and an incredible campus life experience.
- St. Clair offers all this and more to its 8,300 full-time students, who pursue more than 100 advanced diplomas, diplomas, degrees, and graduate certificates in Health, Technology, Business, Media Arts, and Social Services.
- It provides comprehensive student services such as peer tutoring, academic and career counseling, disability services, and housing plans, among other things. These services are available to assist students in reaching their goals.
- Scholarships and bursaries totaling $1.5 million.
- There are 14 varsity sports teams, including fastball and curling, as well as basketball, volleyball, badminton, and cross-country.
- As varsity athletes, students are eligible for an athletic scholarship worth $1,250 per sport semester, the most of any Ontario college.
- Large computer lab with 300 seats and wireless internet, as well as 7 meeting rooms for student clubs and project work.
- Students compete at the provincial and national levels in active program clubs.
Over the last thirteen years, St. Clair College has grown tremendously. State-of-the-art labs for students in our health sciences programs, modern lab space for skilled trades programs, outstanding gym and fitness center facilities on the Windsor and Chatham campuses and a residence on each campus provide everything needed for a great campus experience.
- St. Clair College has set the standard for careers to recover and grow. Its study programs put emphasis on technology, innovation, and solution-based applications for building careers.
- Ace Acumen Academy, a private college, has licensing agreements with St. Clair College in Toronto, Mississauga, and Brampton, Ontario, Canada. These licensing agreements are referred to as St. Clair at Acumen Toronto, St. Clair at Acumen Mississauga, and St. Clair at Acumen Brampton.
- St. Clair College, Toronto ranks high in all aspects. In 2020, St. Clair College became one of Canada’s Top 50 Research Colleges. It also ranked first in Canada for the number of females admitted to SCC’s Computer Networking program.
Did you find this blog informative? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments section below. Click here to contact us for more information on St. Clair college Toronto rankings. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: The University of Minnesota | Ranking
Q1. Does St Clair College provide a work permit?
Ans- If St. Clair College includes a placement component in your program of study on your international Letter of Acceptance (LOA) then you are eligible for a work permit. If your LOA indicates that you will get a placement, then you must apply for a Co-Op work permit.
Q2. How much time does St Clair College take to give an offer letter?
Ans- St. Clair College takes 10 to 15 days to issue an offer letter.
Q3. What is the IELTS requirement for St. Clair College, Toronto?
Ans- IELTS score of 6.0 with no band lower than 5.5, PTE (Pearson Test of English) Level 51, and a Duolingo score of 100 are required for St. Clair. You must appear for proficiency tests within the last two years from the date of application submission.