Table of Contents
- Thought of the day | The power of quotes
- 12 thought of the day quotes to start your day on a positive and motivating note
- 12. “Everybody wanted to know what I would do if I didn’t win [moment of silence] I guess we’ll never know” – Ye (formerly known as Kanye West)
- 11. “You will either step forward into growth, or you will step back into safety” – Abraham Maslow (American psychologist)
- 10.” Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.” – Ella Fitzgerald
- 9. “It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe.” – Muhammad Ali
- 8. “You have to dream before your dreams can come true.” – A.P.J Abdul Kalam
- 7. “The best way out is always through.” – Robert Frost
- 6. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- 5. “Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there were only walls.” – Joseph Campbell
- 4. “I have always believed, and I still believe, that whatever good or bad fortune may come our way, we can always give it meaning and transform it into something of value.” – Herman Hesse
- 3. “I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.” – Bruce Lee
- 2. “Rational thoughts never drive people’s creativity the way emotions do.” – Neil deGrasse Tyson
- 1.“It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
- Bonus thoughts of the day
- Last words
Thought of the day | The power of quotes
Have you ever received ‘thought of the day’ messages from your office or come across them on school/college notice boards? I am sure the answer is yes. You instantly feel motivated when you see something that resonates with you. Imagine if you could feel like that every morning!
The popular thinker, scientist, and philosopher Rene Descartes once said, “I think, therefore I am.” This statement was not made out of the blue. Thoughts are an important part of being human since time immemorial. Thinking is an important cognitive skill. You do things because you think you can. Therefore, it is important to realize the power of thought and how we can use it to our advantage.
12 thought of the day quotes to start your day on a positive and motivating note
12. “Everybody wanted to know what I would do if I didn’t win [moment of silence] I guess we’ll never know” – Ye (formerly known as Kanye West)
The year was 2005, and Kanye West won Grammy for Rap Album of the Year. Mr. West expressed his gratitude by thanking those who have helped and supported him during the process and ended the speech with an arrogant quote. Be in mind that it’s not the arrogance one should take away from this, but it’s the winning mentality. That he refuses to lose no matter what life throws at him, this winning mentality has made him the most decorated hip-hop artist of our generation.
11. “You will either step forward into growth, or you will step back into safety” – Abraham Maslow (American psychologist)
A comfort zone is a fictional place created by the human mind. To achieve greatness, the comfort zone must be disturbed. Sure it is a beautiful place where one has access to all the amenities, but nothing grows in a comfort zone. One should get accustomed to the chaos that will follow once one leaves the comfort zone.
10.” Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.” – Ella Fitzgerald
This thought of the day quote by Ella Fitzgerald is quite self-explanatory. You have to keep trying to be where you want to be. When your action is motivated by love and inspiration, it is less likely for you to go wrong. It is important for you to understand that conscious and honest efforts get paid for in due time.
9. “It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe.” – Muhammad Ali
This thought of the day quote by Muhammad Ali outlines that the hardest part is not the climb uphill but the motivation to keep going. More often than not, we get demotivated by certain situations, habits, and people in our lives. It is important for us to understand that they are mere pebbles in our shoes and we have the power to remove them and continue on with our journey.
8. “You have to dream before your dreams can come true.” – A.P.J Abdul Kalam
There is nothing in life that you cannot do. But for that, you have to dream irrespective of what your present situation is. And it’s only when you dream, that you can achieve. Your journey may be different, and your hurdles may be tough to get past, but the power of your dream will compel you to put in the hard work.
7. “The best way out is always through.” – Robert Frost
Whenever you face a problem in your life, don’t try to run away from it. Don’t look for ways to avoid it, lessen it, or find something to blame it on. Get through it. There are valuable lessons for you to learn through the process. And when you come out the other end of the tunnel, you will realize how you have grown as a person.
6. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” – Mahatma Gandhi
This thought of the day quote by Mahatma Gandhi is quite a popular one and rightly so. You will experience a big shift in your mindset when you learn to take one day at a time and give it the best you’ve got. Every morning when you wake up, think of it as a fresh start. Live your life to the fullest with what you have and never miss an opportunity to learn.
5. “Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there were only walls.” – Joseph Campbell
This quote by Joseph Campbell may sound bizarre to some, but it is very true. We are often told to focus on doing our jobs well without worrying about getting anything in return, but do you know why? When you work and give your best without expecting anything in return, you are automatically placed on the path of achieving it. Your intention decides the outcome.
4. “I have always believed, and I still believe, that whatever good or bad fortune may come our way, we can always give it meaning and transform it into something of value.” – Herman Hesse
This thought of the day quote by Herman Hesse talks about how anything good or bad that happens to us can be transformed into something of value. There are always two ways of looking at a situation, one makes you miserable and the other adds value. It is up to us to choose to see things in a way that serves us and gives us the energy to bounce back.
3. “I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.” – Bruce Lee
Practice makes perfect. The more time and energy you devote to a particular activity, the better you get at it. Find something that gives you a sense of purpose and keep working at it. Get feedback and work on your shortcomings till you become a master. The truth is that there is no substitute for hard work.
2. “Rational thoughts never drive people’s creativity the way emotions do.” – Neil deGrasse Tyson
When you are working toward your dream, there will be times when you have to choose between the rational thing to do and the right thing to do. The right decision may not always be the rational one. As this quote says, creativity is driven by emotions. You cannot expect to be different if you are afraid to embrace your emotions and who you are.
1.“It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
This thought of the day quote by George Eliot is especially for those who seem to have given up on their dreams. We have heard variations of this quote so many times but we still find it hard to believe. Well, the truth is that it never really is too late. The time you spend thinking about whether or not it is late can be put to good use in becoming the person you want to be.
Bonus thoughts of the day
If you have read this far, you deserve to read these 5 golden thoughts of the day that can entirely transform your outlook toward life-
- “Knowing how to swim doesn’t give you mastery over water” – Patrick Rothfuss
- “We are always more afraid than we wish to be, but we can always be braver than we expect” – Robert Jordan
- “We can only feel sorry for ourselves when our misfortunes are still supportable. Once this limit is crossed, the only way to bear the unbearable is to laugh at it.” – Marjane Satrapi
- “If you pay attention to the present, you can improve upon it” – Paulo Coelho
- “The search for lost things is hindered by routine habits and that is why it is so difficult to find them” – Gabriel Márquez
When you take the initiative to change your mindset, you have already won half the battle. Thoughts are powerful. If you think you can change the world, it is quite likely that you can. But intention has to be followed by action and action has to be executed with belief.
And as always, feel free to reach out to us for any help regarding your career and education choices. Or even if you need a bit of motivation!
Until next time.
Liked this blog? Read next: John Keats | 5 best poems every student should know!
Q1. What is the best thought of the day for kids?
Answer- Here are some of the best thoughts of the day for kids-
- “When you know better, you do better.” — Maya Angelou
- “The capacity to learn is a gift; the ability to learn is a skill; the willingness to learn is a choice.” — Brian Herbert
- “Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts.” — Albert Einstein
Q2. How to say thoughts of the day in assembly?
Answer- First, take the initiative as it makes a good impression on your peers and teachers. Besides, taking the initiative will help boost your confidence.
Second, practice before going on the stage. You can speak in front of the mirror, notice the mistakes, and work towards those. The more you practice, the better you get at things.
Q3. What is the importance of reading good thoughts?
Answer- A good thought of the day can help you begin your day the right way. It might help you be motivated enough to work towards your goals by uplifting your thoughts.
Q4. Why should you start your day with a thought-provoking quote?
Answer- How you start your mornings will set the tone for the rest of the day. Words have the power to impact our lives positively. Powerful words have the ability to move the heart and the heart will take action. So feed your brain with our thought of the day-provoking quotes for a head start in the morning.