Table of Contents
Even if you are an experienced job seeker, you should include a statement stating that you will portray yourself as a trustworthy professional who will follow all official processes. Read the blog to know what is a declaration in a resume and how it can help to highlight your resume in the eyes of the employer.
What is a declaration in a resume?
A declaration in a resume is a statement that mentions that the material presented is authentic and you have fully acknowledged it. Particulars such as the name of the writer and date include in the declaration. These particulars also add to the authenticity of the declaration.
Although a declaration is an important part of a resume, it is occasionally left out since it is believed to not add value nor hurt your chances of being hired.
Is a Declaration required in a Resume?
A declaration is often seen in a candidate’s resume since it is important to ensure the accuracy and legitimacy of the information provided in the resume. It helps to avoid any manipulation of the information provided in the resume and adds to the professionalism.
Apart from accuracy, a declaration statement in a resume may also act as a factor that showcases credibility and stands out. Other reasons to include a declaration is that it can eliminate the risk of fraud, misunderstanding, and distrust.
People have differing opinions on whether a statement in a resume is required.
How to write a declaration?
- The declaration section should be included at the bottom of the resume.
- Studying some examples of declarations will give you a concept of how to create declarations, and you can use them in your resume.
- In the declaration, you can use terms such as “hereby,” “confirm,” “declare,” “certify,” and so on.
- Because the resume aims to provide you with information, placing the statement at the top or center would make the application appear unprofessional.
- To authenticate your statement, add the location and date below the declaration statement at the bottom left of the page.
- Add your signature underneath the statement of declaration in the bottom right corner of the page. Adding your signature here will make it appear more professional and will ensure that you have verified your information.
- Add your entire name just below the signature.
- Make sure to state that the information you’ve provided is the most accurate.
Declaration Sample in a resume
[Statement of declaration]
[Current date and location (on the left-hand side]
[Full name and signature (on the right-hand side]
I hereby declare that all the facts given above are genuine and to the best of my knowledge.
Examples of Declaration in Resume
- I take complete responsibility for the information provided in the resume
- The above-mentioned information is genuine and to the best of my belief.
- I verify that the information provided above is authentic
- I hereby declare that the information provided is true to the best of my knowledge and I bear responsibility for the correctness of the information provided.
- Hereby, I declare that all the information provided is genuine to the best of my knowledge.
- I solemnly declare that the information provided is free of error to the best of my belief.
- I sincerely proclaim that all the information provided by me is accurate and I take responsibility for any deviation from the above-mentioned facts in the future.
What we have to say
Adding declarations to a resume is believed to be a practice followed in earlier times. It is not very common today. Still, there are some candidates who prefer to add it to their resumes to establish trust and credibility.
While adding a declaration in a resume is an autonomous choice, it is crucial to maintain the format so that it looks professional to employers. This is because a professional format is more likely to stand out and be highlighted by employers.
Liked this blog? Comment below and share your thoughts with us!
Q1. Is it necessary to write a declaration in my resume?
Answer – No, Adding a declaration to a resume is not mandatory. However, a declaration can make your resume more authentic.
Q2. Is there a particular format to submit a declaration form in?
Answer – No, there is no particular format to submit a declaration.
Q3. Where should a declaration be added to a resume?
Answer – A declaration should be added towards the end of the resume.