Table of Contents
Studying hotel management courses in Canada
The hospitality sector in Canada grew in terms of expanding job opportunities and industries. As compared to hotel management programs available across North America these courses are superior in terms of educational caliber. Canada is one of the best study locations to pursue a hotel management course abroad due to its relatively low cost of living and abundance of short- and long-term, industry-focused degrees. This blog will primarily discuss what studying a hotel management course in Canada entails, the leading programs available, and a list of colleges.
Why choose a Canadian hotel management course?
When you enroll in a hotel management program in Canada, you will learn the course material along with gaining a lot of experience. Let’s talk about the benefits of pursuing canadian hotel management course here today.
Education caliber- After completing your 12th-grade year, you can enroll in a Hotel Management course at one of Canada’s top colleges. Canadian institutions’ infrastructure and educational standards make them a great choice for international students. Additionally, you will be exposed to professional experiences in the workplace, which can help your career.
Course options- Hotel Management is available as a one-year undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral degree program at Canadian universities. The Bachelor of Arts in International Hotel Management, the MSc in Tourism and Hospitality, and the Diploma in Food and Beverage Management are some of the more well-known specializations in hotel management.
Possibilities for employment: In Canada, getting a job with a degree in hotel management is relatively easy. The entry-level salary for those working in the hotel management sector in Canada is typically between 39,000 and 80,000 CAD annually, which rises with experience.
The global tourism industry will grow exponentially as more than one billion people travel around the world in a single year. According to a survey, by 2030, there will be more than 1.8 billion international visitors. By 2030, Canada’s tourism sector will have over 240,000 full-time jobs.
Eligibility for studying hotel management in Canada
The admission requirements for hotel management courses in Canada will largely depend on the program and institution you select. The following list includes some prerequisites for basic eligibility-
- The candidate must have successfully completed their 10+2 from a recognized board of education in order to get consideration for bachelor’s degree programs in hotel management.
- A 3-year bachelor’s degree in any discipline is the requirement for admission to master’s programs in hotel management.
- Along with copies of your official transcripts and a resume, you will be required to submit your IELTS or TOEFL scores as proof of your English language proficiency.
- You must submit an SOP with your application, and depending on the program, you may also need to submit LORs and your GRE or GMAT scores.
- In order to avoid any last-minute obstacles, it is also crucial to review the IELTS band requirements for Canadian student visas.
Courses in hotel management in Canada
As previously mentioned, Canada offers a variety of degree options for a hotel management course to suit the needs and requirements of people from various backgrounds. These options include certificate, diploma, and advanced diploma programs that are skill-based and degrees from bachelor’s to master’s level are available. All these programs prepare students for a rewarding career in hotel management in a variety of fields such as hospitality, tourism, restaurant management, catering, resort management, operations, club management, etc. As a result, numerous graduates decide to transition to core management fields such as event management, operations, strategy, and consulting after gaining a few years of experience in conventional hotel management jobs.
Check out the list of hotel management programs offered in Canada below-
- Diploma in Hotel and Restaurant Management
- Bachelor’s in Hospitality- Hotel Operations Management
- Bachelor in Hotel and Food Administration
- Bachelor in Culinary Management
- Bachelor’s in Hospitality- Hotel Operations Management
- Diploma in Culinary Management
- Bachelor in International Hotel Management
- Master’s in Hospitality Management Studies
- Master in Global Hospitality-Business Development
- Master in Global Hospitality-Operations Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Tourism and Hotel Management
- Graduate Certificate in Hospitality Skills
- Advanced Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management
- PG Certificate in Tourism Management
- PG Diploma in Resort Experience Management
- PG Certificate in Hotel, Resort, and Restaurant Management
The numerous certificate, diploma, and advanced diploma programs offered in Canada are among the most beneficial ways to pursue a course in hotel management. These diploma programs in Canada last anywhere from six months to three years and are relevant to market demands. These programs’ main goal is to expose students to real-world hotel management scenarios through skill-based coursework and experiential learning opportunities such as work placements, capstone projects, and simulations of hotel management operations.
Cost of living in Canada
|Type of Expense||Cost (in CAD)||Equivalent Costs in INR|
|Books & Supplies||2000||112,080|
|Food Expenses||100 (weekly)||5,600 (weekly)|
|Self-Driven Vehicle||8,500- 13,000 (annually)||476,700- 729,000 (annually)|
|Accommodation||5,000-13,000 (annually)||280,200 – 728,500 (annually)|
Hotel management colleges in Canada
|Name of University||Hotel Management Course in Canada|
|Algonquin College||Bachelor of Hospitality & Tourism Management (Honors)|
|Capilano University||Post Baccalaureate Diploma in Hotel and Restaurant Management|
|Centennial College||1. Diploma in Hospitality- Hotel Operations Management 2. Advanced Diploma in Hospitality & Tourism Administration 3. Graduate Certificate in Hotel, Resort & Restaurant Management|
|College of New Caledonia||Post Diploma in Tourism & Hotel Management|
|George Brown College||Diploma Hospitality: Hotel Operations Management|
|Humber College||Diploma in Hospitality: Hotel & Restaurant Operations Management|
|Saskatchewan Polytechnic||Diploma of Hotel & Restaurant Management|
|Selkirk College||Diploma in Resort & Hotel Management|
|Thompson Rivers University||Diploma in Resort & Hotel Management|
- Canada is one of the best study abroad locations to pursue a hotel management course. The country has a relatively low cost of living and an abundance of shortand long-term, industry-focused degrees.
- Infrastructure and educational standards at Canadian institutions, these are a great criteria for international students to consider. Additionally, you get exposure to professional experiences in the workplace, which can help in succeeding in your career.
- Hotel management courses in Canada include certificates, diplomas, and advanced diploma programs. These courses are skill-based, and degrees are available from bachelor’s to master’s level. All these programs prepare students for a rewarding career in hotel management in various fields
Did you find this blog interesting? If yes, please share your feedback in the comments section below. Click here to learn more about international universities and courses. We would be happy to assist you!
Liked this blog? Read next: Top 10 Stanford University Notable Alumni You Need to Know
Q1. What is the fee for a hotel management course in Canada?
Ans- With an annual living expense of INR 6,00,000, a Canadian hospitality management bachelor’s degree typically costs around INR 12,29,450.
Q2. Which other countries are best for studying hotel management?
Ans- USA, Canada, Spain, the UK, Australia, France, and Italy are some of the best countries to study hotel management.
Q3. Is it tough to study hotel management?
Ans- The students’ level of interest has a significant impact on how challenging a Hotel Management course will be for them to learn.