Table of Contents
- Bradley University, an acclaimed university in Illinois
- Facts and features
- Bradley, a global university
- Global campus and community
- Study abroad opportunities
- World ranking for Bradley University
- Other recognitions
- Why does Bradley University rank high?
- Key takeaways
Bradley University, an acclaimed university in Illinois
Bradley University is a top-ranking private university in Peoria, Illinois, that provides nearly 6,000 undergraduate and graduate students with the opportunities and resources of a larger university as well as the personal attention and exceptional learning experience of a smaller university. Bradley University provides over 185 undergraduate and graduate programs in business, communications, education, engineering, fine arts, health sciences, liberal arts and sciences, and technology. These high-quality programs include global and experiential learning opportunities, which leads to gaining higher positions in Bradley University’s world rankings. Here, we will discuss Bradley University, its mission, global identity, world ranking and more.
Bradley University prepares students for immediate and long-term success in their personal and professional endeavors. It combines professional preparation, liberal arts and sciences, and co-curricular experiences to teach and prepare students.
Along with its commitment to students, it values knowledge generation, application, and interpretation.
Bradley University is a community built on valued relationships among students, staff, faculty, administrators, and alumni. The objectives of student success, knowledge and discovery, inclusiveness and connectivity, and excellence are at the heart of these relationships.
Studying at Bradley University is an investment in your dream career.
Bradley University provides an engaging education that transcends traditional boundaries through scholarly and practical experiences in a diverse, caring, and inclusive environment to prepare purpose-driven leaders who achieve success and contribute to the betterment of the world.
Bradley University’s mission, values and vision contribute to its high-quality programs and consistent growth.
Established by Lydia Moss Bradley in 1897, the Bradley Polytechnic Institute, is in memory of her husband Tobias and their six children. All of the Bradley family died before Mrs Bradley, leaving her a childless widow. In memory of their deceased children, Mrs Bradley discussed establishing an orphanage. After doing some research and visits to various institutions, Mrs Bradley decided to establish a school where young people could learn practical skills to prepare them for life in the modern world. In 1892, she bought a controlling interest in Parsons Horological School in LaPorte, Indiana, the first school for watchmakers in America, and moved it to Peoria. This is how Bradley University came into existence and became one of the top-ranking institutes in Illinois.
Facts and features
- It has 15 globally-focused majors and minors
- It has 4 Global Scholars programs
- It has 49 countries represented in the student body
- It offers 60+ study-abroad programs
Bradley, a global university
Bradley University is an access point to a worldwide network of people, institutions, and experiences.
Students can take advantage of the varied academic programs, courses, and study abroad opportunities that will provide an in-depth understanding of the world and its complexity.
Global campus and community
Bradley’s vibrant campus and community environment includes the global living and learning community, the Peoria area world affairs council, and the Peoria Area Friends of International Students. It allows students to form friendships, and gain cross-cultural understanding, and global expertise in Peoria.
Study abroad opportunities
Studying abroad changes people’s lives by opening new pathways to personal, intellectual, and professional opportunities. The study abroad office at Bradley dedicates itself to making this opportunity available to as many Bradley students as possible.
Bradley University’s unique global approach has helped it gain recognition and win various accolades. You can find more of it in detail below.
World ranking for Bradley University
QS World Rankings
US UNI (universities)- 251-300
Times Higher Education (US rankings)
2022 rank- 200
US News and World Report
- 166 in National Universities (tie)
- 111 in Best Colleges for Veterans (tie)
- 37 in Best Value Schools
- 296 in Top Performers on Social Mobility (tie)
- 29 in Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs (tie)
- 293 in Nursing (tie)
Graduate school rankings
- 100 in Part-time MBA (tie)
- 178 in Best Fine Arts Programs (tie)
- 51 in Nursing-Anesthesia (tie)
- 102 in Physical Therapy (tie)
- Best Colleges with No Application Fee in America- 191 of 651
- Best Colleges for Communications in America- 207 of 925
- Best Colleges for Public Policy in America- 224 of 636
- Best Greek Life Colleges in America- 243 of 718
- Best Colleges for Nursing in America- 251 of 762
- Best Value Colleges in America- 265 of 1,498
The Brookings Institution ranks Bradley 19th in the country for colleges that add value to alumni earnings.
According to Bloomberg Businessweek, Bradley’s Foster College of Business is the top private undergraduate business school in Illinois, as well as one of the top 50 business schools in the country and one of the top ten schools in the country for preparing students ‘for the jobs they want.’
According to the Princeton Review, Bradley was one of the nation’s best undergraduate institutions in its annual ‘Best Colleges’ book. Only about 14% of America’s four-year colleges (colleges that specifically offer bachelor’s degree programs) hold this distinction.
According to Princeton Review, Bradley’s Game Design program was also one of the Top 10 in the world. The university also holds a position in the Top 20 Best Schools for Internships and a 2021 Top Online Nursing Program.
Why does Bradley University rank high?
Students find the small community atmosphere at Bradley University very comfortable as it offers a small campus and classrooms. Students at Bradley never have to take the bus or use a car as everything is so close to the university. There are many options available for people with different food habits (vegan, vegetarian, allergy-friendly), and there are various cafes and restaurants available on campus.
The professors are also excellent with their subject knowledge and are always available and able to provide a more personalized classroom experience due to the smaller class sizes. Bradley students get jobs ahead of students from other schools simply because of Bradley’s academic reputation.
As mentioned above, the consistent high-quality of study programs, the university’s global approach and student satisfaction are the reasons why Bradley University has such high rankings.
- Bradley University is a top-ranking private university in Illinois. It provides both the opportunities and resources that a larger university offers and the personal attention and exceptional learning experience, which is something a smaller university can offer.
- Bradley University acts as an access point to a worldwide network of people, institutions, and experiences. Students can benefit from the varied academic programs, courses, and study abroad opportunities that provide them with an in-depth understanding of the world and its complexity.
- At Bradley University, students get a community atmosphere, various options for people with different food habits, and excellent professors available and able to provide a more personalized classroom experience due to the smaller class sizes. These features also help in raising the ranking positions of the university.
Did you find this blog informative? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments section below. Click here to contact us for more information on Bradley University world ranking. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Top 5 reasons to attend Thammasat University
Q1. What GPA do you need to go to Bradley University?
Ans- Applicants must have a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in their last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework to get admission to Bradley University. Applicants who have completed at least nine (9) graduate credit hours will have their graduate coursework used to calculate their GPA and must meet the same minimum GPA requirement.
Q2. What is the average tuition fee at Bradley University?
Ans- Bradley University’s average tuition is $36,000.
Q3. What is the campus size of Bradley university?
Ans- The university spans 85 acres of land, offering students spaces with a personal touch.