Table of Contents
- About Bangor University Business School
- Why study at Bangor University Business School?
- QS World University Rankings
- QS World University Ranking by subject 2022
- Bangor University rankings 2023
- Bangor University Subject Rankings
- Times Higher Education ranking 2023
- Subject ranking by Times Higher Education 2023
- Impact ranking by Times Higher Education
- Careers and Employability
- Other rankings
- Key takeaways
About Bangor University Business School
Bangor Business School is a thriving business school focusing on teaching and research. They provide degree programs in several academic disciplines, from undergraduate to postgraduate to doctoral level.
Academics who are experts in their fields will teach you, and the research will contribute to the development of policy, the advancement of their disciplines, and even a better understanding of the business itself. Their world-class academics use research to build their teaching, ensuring you perform adequately to succeed in the ever-changing world of global business.
Why study at Bangor University Business School?
Here’s how you will benefit from studying at Bangor University–
Teaching and research excellence
Bangor attracts students from all over the world because of its excellence in teaching and research. More than three-quarters of Bangor’s research recognizes as either world-leading or internationally excellent in the most recent assessment of the quality of research at UK universities, according to the Research Excellence Framework (REF).
Assistance with research activities
The university strongly supports research activities and actively encourages collaboration with commercial and industrial bodies in the UK and abroad. It wants to be responsive to local and regional needs while maintaining and pursuing international goals. The campus has undergone a £20 million renovation. It includes a £10 million business and management center and a new building for environmental sciences to support these goals.
Collaboration with business and industry
They collaborated with business and industry on developing Pontio, a £36 million Arts and Innovation Centre. It includes a theatre, exhibition spaces, and a new Students’ Union, as well as high-profile projects like CAST (Centre for Advanced Software Technology) at Parc Menai in Bangor and the Technium OpTIC at St Asaph Business Park.
QS World University Rankings
|QS World Ranking||2023||2022||2021||2020|
QS World Ranking criteria 2023
|Citations per faculty||29.4|
QS World University Ranking by subject 2022
|Agriculture and Forestry||101-150|
QS Sustainability Ranking criteria 2023
|Impact of Education||25|
|Employability & Opportunities||22.9|
Bangor University rankings 2023
- Best Global Universities (tie)- 884
- Best Global Universities in Europe (tie)- 348
- Best Global Universities in the United Kingdom (tie)- 62
US News and World Report ranking criteria 2023
|Global research reputation||835|
|Regional research reputation||573|
|International collaboration – relative to the country||395|
|Number of publications that are among 10% most cited||844|
|Percentage of total publications that are among 10% most cited||447|
|Normalized citation impact||605|
|Number of highly cited papers that are among the top 1% most cited in their respective field||750|
|Percentage of total publications that are among the top 1% most highly cited papers||459|
Bangor University Subject Rankings
- Clinical Medicine (tie)- 867
- Environment/Ecology (tie)- 178
- Plant and Animal Science (tie)- 314
- Psychiatry/Psychology (tie)- 357
- Social Sciences and Public Health (tie)- 359
Times Higher Education ranking 2023
|Times Higher Education||2023||2022||2021||2020|
Times Higher Education ranking criteria 2023
Subject ranking by Times Higher Education 2023
- Arts and Humanities 2023 ranking- 401-500
- Clinical, pre-clinical, and health 2023 ranking- 401-500
- Life Sciences 2023 ranking- 176-200
- Physical Sciences 2023 ranking- 201-250
- Social Sciences 2023 ranking- 501-600
- Business and Economics 2023 ranking- 401-500
- Psychology 2023 ranking- 251-300
- Education 2023 ranking- 301-400
Impact ranking by Times Higher Education
- Partnerships for the goals 2022 ranking- 47
- Peace, justice, and strong institutions 2022 ranking- 47
- Responsible consumption and production 2022 ranking- 5
- Sustainable cities and communities 2022 ranking- 75
- Reducing inequalities 2022 ranking- 22
- Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure 2019 ranking- 201-300
- Decent work and economic growth 2019 ranking- 101-200
- Gender equality 2022 ranking- 17
- Quality education- 91
- Good health and well-being 2022 ranking- 101-200
- Impact ranking 2022- 53
- Climate action- 101-200
- European teaching 2019 ranking- 126-150
Careers and Employability
- Top 20 in UK University for Career Prospects by WhatUni 2022.
- 88% of the graduates progressed to employment or further study within six months of graduation by DLHE 2021.
- 5 Stars in Global Rating for Employability by QS Star Rating System 2022.
- Top 20 in the UK for Teaching Quality by The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023
- Top 30 in the UK University for Student Satisfaction by The Complete University Guide 2022
- Top 45 in the UK University by The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023
- Bangor University is a leading business school that strives to provide quality education to students.
- The university takes interest in research and collaborations worldwide.
- Bangor University ranks 601-650 as per QS World University Rankings 2023.
- It ranks 401-500 as per Times Higher Education rankings worldwide in 2023.
- The university’s subject rankings speak for themselves. Arts and Humanities, Psychology, Medicine, and more rank well on QS World subject rankings and Times Higher Education.
- 88% of the university graduates progressed to employment or further study within six months of graduation as per DLHE 2021.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your perspectives about the blog in the comments below. Please get in touch with us by clicking here for more information on Bangor University Business School ranking. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Your handy guide to Nanyang Technological University’s courses
Q1. How long does it take to get a CAS letter from Bangor University?
Answer- The International Education Centre/Admissions Office will issue a CAS to new students. Please allow at least ten working days for processing. To avoid delays, please complete and submit this application in its entirety, including any supporting documentation.
Q2. What is Bangor like for students?
Answer- Bangor is a small town with a significant student population. It’s a friendly, social neighborhood with everything within walking distance and plenty of lively pubs and activities.
Q3. Does Bangor university provide scholarships?
Answer- Bangor University provides bursaries and scholarships to new and returning students. Merit Scholarships are available to new students who excel in the annual Entrance Scholarships.