Table of Contents
There was a time when choosing a career path involved becoming a doctor or an engineer. Those days are long gone. Now, there are thousands of career fields you can choose from, each more popular and rewarding than the next. Thus, choosing your career path based on your interests, skills, and eligibility would be best. Whether you are looking for a job with a high salary or need one that offers immense satisfaction, you’ll find something that suits your needs. So, here are some of the best career options you can go for-
1. Data scientist
Counted among the fastest growing and best career options, data science has become essential in these times when computing power is becoming widely used, and data is being generated in bulk. Additionally, with a projected growth of 31% in the next decade, jobs in data science offer high salaries, global recognition, and excellent growth opportunities.
Average salary: INR 7-10 lakh per annum
The primary responsibilities of a data scientist include-
- Deriving insights from data to enable data-driven decision making
- Design data storage, analysis and manipulation to answer specific questions
- Also, creating predictive models for different business scenarios
The following skills are required to become a data scientist–
- Programming languages like Python or R
- Machine learning
- Mathematical skills
- Data visualisation techniques
2. Software developer
With the internet and technology taking over the world, software developers have never been more in demand, making it one of the best career options of this time. In addition, considered among the highest paying and most lucrative professions, there is a 20% growth in demand for full-stack software developers.
Average salary: INR 5-6 lakh per annum for intermediate developers and INR 10-15 lakh per annum for experienced software developers
The primary responsibilities of a software developer include–
- Conceptualising and creating a software solution’s blueprint for any given problem
- Writing the code to develop a software solution
- Collaborating with programmers to get a software solution ready
The following skills are required to become a software developer–
- Programming languages like Python, C++, C# or Java
- Communication skills
- Team management skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Web architect skills
- Knowledge of database management systems
3. Digital marketing specialist
A digital marketing specialist is essential for a company to promote its business, reach potential clients and convert them into paying customers for enhancing profitability. In addition, digital marketing has become a rapidly growing field, listed among the most promising and best career options in recent times. Moreover, the digital marketing field will have 60-65 million new job vacancies by 2025.
Average salary: INR 5-12 lakh per annum
The primary responsibilities of a digital marketing specialist include–
- Capitalising on the reach of digital media channels like social media to achieve a company’s business goals
- Moreover, conduct paid and organic marketing on search engine results, social media channels and other digital platforms to reach potential customers
- Creating a marketing mix that engages potential clients to convert them into paid customers
The following skills are required to become a digital marketing specialist-
- Deep understanding of marketing management
- Knowledge of the latest tools used to analyse the data generated
- Search engine optimization
- Social media marketing
- Affiliate marketing
- Conversion optimization
- Programmatic advertising
4. Therapist/mental health specialist
Mental health is gaining more and more attention every day. People are becoming aware of the importance of focusing on their mental health just as much as their physical well-being. Additionally, each day, the number of people seeking qualified mental health specialists and therapists increases rapidly, making it one of the best career options you can go for.
Average salary: INR 5-8 lakh per annum
The primary responsibilities of a therapist or a mental health specialist include-
- Treating patients suffering from different mental health problems like stress, grief, anxiety, self-esteem issues and depression
- Persuading patients to open up about their innermost thoughts and feelings
- Instilling patients with a sense of safety and trust
The following skills are required to become a therapist or a mental health specialist-
- Good listening skills
- Critical thinking
- Problem-solving abilities
- Capability of deciphering behavioural patterns
5. Cloud architect
Cloud computing has become a significant aspect of the technology domain in the current times. In addition, cloud computing architecture involves all the components and subcomponents of cloud computing. Since cloud computing architecture has become such an essential part of today’s digital environment, cloud architects are very much in demand, making it one of the most lucrative and best career options for you.
Average salary: INR 10-23 lakh per annum
The primary responsibilities of a cloud architect include-
- Managing the entire cloud infrastructure
- Converting a project’s technical requirements into the design and architecture to guide the final product
- Providing solutions in the cloud for complex business problems
The following skills are required to become a cloud architect-
- Knowledge of one or more operating systems like Linux, Solaris, Ubuntu, Unix or Windows
- Understanding of networking
- Computer programming or scripting languages
- Basic knowledge of security concepts
6. Cybersecurity expert
Cybersecurity has become essential for every organization and individual, with the internet taking over our business and personal lives. Moreover, every company, big or small, is at risk of cyber attacks these days. For this reason, there is a high demand for cybersecurity experts in every industry, making it one of the best career options you can choose.
Average salary: INR 3-12 lakh per annum
The primary responsibilities of a cybersecurity expert include-
- Managing everything related to a company’s computer system security
- Getting the systems and data checked for vulnerabilities regularly
- Fixing any loopholes detected immediately
- Taking appropriate measures to protect a company’s systems and minimise security risks
The following skills are required to become a cybersecurity expert-
- Knowledge of networking technology
- Knowledge of tools and techniques used to protect IT infrastructure
- Analytical thinking
- Communication skills
- Documentation and writing skills
In a Nutshell
There is no shortage of choices when choosing the best career options for yourself. However, the choice should be made very carefully after considering multiple factors. The career options mentioned above are advantageous and lucrative. So, choose one to ensure a bright and prosperous future.
Liked this Blog? Read more Career Planning – How to plan your career well?
- Which are some of the other best career options I can go for?
In addition to the ones mentioned above, some of the other best career options include blockchain engineering, DevOps engineering, artificial intelligence (AI) engineering, technical writing, nursing, and chartered accountancy.
2. Students from which stream have access to the best career options?
You can opt for any stream, i.e., arts, science, and commerce, to pursue various best career options.
3. What are the best career options in science?
Some of the best career options in science include astronomy, electronics, biotechnology, geology, forensic science, meteorology, and horticulture.