Table of Contents
- Canadian universities rank high in world ranking s for educational excellence
- Benefits of studying in Canada
- 5 Top Universities in Canada, based on Times Higher Education 2023 Ranking
- The University of Toronto, Toronto
- British Columbia University
- McGill University
- McMaster University
- University of Montreal
- Key takeaways
Canadian universities rank high in world ranking s for educational excellence
Many international students consider Canada to be one of the best study-abroad destinations. In terms of quality of life, Canada ranks third in the world by U.S. News and World Report in 2022. As of December 31, 2021, the best universities in Canada enrolled 217,410 Indian students, with approximately 100,000 granted permanent residence.
Quebec, Manitoba, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, and Labrador are among Canada’s ten provinces. These provinces have over 100 universities (including colleges), offering over 15,000 programs. They provide students with many options for determining their ideal programs.
Benefits of studying in Canada
- Two of every five university professors in Canada have at least one overseas degree. The country is well-known around the world for having high educational standards. In 2023, eight Canadian universities will be among the top 200 in the QS World Rankings.
- Canada is a welcoming country with a distinct culture that values diversity. It is one of the safest countries in the world for international students, from large cities to small towns.
- Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver are ranked in the top 20 of the most recent Q.S. Best Student Cities 2023 list.
- Universities in Canada are the most affordable. For undergraduates, the average tuition fee is around CAD 20,000.
- Living expenses such as lodging, food, and transportation are usually under CAD 12,000. Universities also provide full and partial scholarships to students with outstanding academic records.
5 Top Universities in Canada, based on Times Higher Education 2023 Ranking
The University of Toronto, Toronto
The University of Toronto is a public university in Ontario with a Q.S. world ranking of 26 (2022). The University is well-known for its diverse masters and undergraduate course offerings.
Application deadline- The online application for admission to September 2023 and January 2024 will be available on November 17, 2022.
Tuition fees- Tuition fees vary depending on the course. the approximate tuition fee for international students for a bachelor’s degree is CAD61,350, and the postgraduate degree is CAD40,940.
Scholarships- Most international students get merit-based scholarships during admission. The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship and the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering Scholarships are among the scholarships available.
British Columbia University
The University of British Columbia ranks 46 in the Q.S. world rankings for master’s level study, making it one of the top universities in Canada. It frequently ranks among Canada’s top five colleges.
This top Canadian university is famous for its research capabilities and can help students advance their careers in economics, computer science, politics, and other fields. It is located on Vancouver Island in the Canadian province of British Columbia.
Application deadline- Winter Session (September 2023 to April 2024) and Summer Session (May to August 2023) applications will be accepted beginning in early October 2022 and will close in December 2022.
Tuition fees- Estimation of tuition for international students starts at CAD42,802. Tuition fees vary by course.
Scholarships: UBC’s International Scholars Program offers four prestigious need-and-merit-based scholarship awards. Among the honors are the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award, the Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award, the International Impact Award, and the Vantage One Excellence Award.
This university is one of the best in Canada for international students. It is in Montreal, Quebec, a predominantly French-speaking province. The teaching language for programs is English. McGill University offers a wide range of courses in the arts and humanities, natural sciences, life sciences, engineering, social sciences, and management.
Application Deadline- The deadline for international students for the academic year 2023-2024 is January 15, 2023. In some cases, these deadlines vary depending on your educational background, the location of your school, and the program being studied.
Tuition fees- Tuition for international students at McGill ranges from 20,000 to 27,000 CAD on average. Tuition fees vary depending on the program chosen and the level of courses applied for (under graduation or post-graduation).
Scholarships- The McGill University Scholarships & Student Aid Office provides financial assistance and need-based financial aid to merit students from any location who wish to enroll in and complete academic programs. Entrance scholarships ranging from CAD 3,000 to CAD 10,000 are available, as well as athletic awards, in-course financial aid, and entrance bursaries.
In the Q.S. World University Rankings for 2023, McMaster University is ranked 152 globally and 6 in Canada. It is one of only a few Canadian colleges ranked among the top 200 universities in the world by international rating agencies.
Application Deadline- The deadline for September intake applications is April 2023.
Visit the University’s official website before applying.
Tuition fees- McMaster University’s mission is to build a better world through scholarship, learning, and service to local, national, and international communities.
International students must pay CAD31,470 in undergraduate and CAD6,037 in graduate tuition.
Scholarships- Over CAD 1,000,000 in Faculty of Engineering Entrance Scholarships are available for international candidates. The Faculty of Engineering Award of Excellence is worth CAD 3,000. The entrance scholarship is worth CAD 2,000, the Coca-Cola Scholarship is worth CAD 4,500, and the McMaster Engineering Big Ideas Entrance Scholarship is worth CAD 12,000.
University of Montreal
The University of Montreal is a public research university in the Canadian province of Quebec. The University has 49,193 undergraduate students and 18,195 graduate students, and the University is ranked 116th in the Q.S. World Ranking 2023, making it one of the most sought-after universities in Canada.
Application deadline- Every year, the application deadline for fall and summer intake is February 1, and the application deadline for winter intake is September 1.
Tuition fees- For international students, the average tuition fee is CAD 20,400 for undergraduate and CAD19,597 for postgraduate courses.
Scholarships- The University of Montreal Scholarships 2022-2023 are available to international students for undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral studies. It offers a prize of up to CAD27,300.
- Canada is the top choice for international students who want to study abroad and consider it one of the best. In terms of quality of life, Canada ranked third in the world by U.S. News and World Report in 2022.
- Canada welcomes everyone and has a distinct culture that values diversity. Canada is also one of the safest countries in the world for international students. It also offers study courses at affordable tuition fees.
- Canadian universities have high rankings and good reviews. The University of Montreal, the University of British Columbia, McMaster University, and the University of Toronto are some top-ranking universities in Canada.
Did you find this blog informative? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments section below. Click here to contact us for more information on the best universities in Canada. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: The University of Washington | Rankings, admission, student life
Q1. Does Canada have an Ivy League?
Ans- Canadian universities do not belong to the Ivy League by definition, but a few Canadian universities exhibit characteristics similar to their American counterparts.
Q2. Which are the easiest schools to get into Canada?
Ans- Top 8 easiest Canadian universities to get into-
- Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Lakehead University.
- Ryerson University.
- University of Guelph.
- University of Lethbridge.
- Memorial University of Newfoundland.
- University of Manitoba.
- University of Saskatchewan.
Q3. Is Canada good for masters?
Ans- In terms of quality of education, tuition, programs, scholarships, and post-study work permit, both Canada and the United States outperform all other countries in the world. However, MS from Canada would be significantly less expensive than MS from the United States.