Table of Contents
- About City, University of London
- City, University of London’s ranking
- Why study at the City, University of London?
- Schools at City, University of London
- Degrees and programs
- Undergraduate bachelor’s degrees
- Student life
- Accommodation and housing
- Why choose City accommodation?
- Key takeaways
About City, University of London
City, University of London, is a global university dedicated to making a big difference. It has been delivering high-quality education and research for 125 years. The university’s global perspective, amazing location, and globally diversified population all play essential roles in its popularity.
Educational excellence, recognized academics and professional stature draw students and faculty from over 160 nations worldwide. The world-class research addresses modern global concerns and collaborates with some of the world’s top universities.
City, University of London’s ranking
- Ranks 355th in QS Global World Ranking in 2023
- Ranks 40th in the UK by Times Higher Education Rankings
- Ranks 889th in the list of Best Global Universities by U.S. News and World Reports in 2023
- Ranks 68th in the Times University Guide 2023
- Ranks 58th in the Guardian University Guide 2023
Why study at the City, University of London?
The university conducts cutting-edge research that benefits the economy, society, and environment. Take a look at a few more reasons to study here-
- City, founded in 1894, has been a member of the University of London since 2016.
- Ranked 40th in the United Kingdom (Complete University Guide 2022)
- Ranked 15th in the United Kingdom for ‘graduation prospects on track’ (Complete University Guide 2022)
- 86% of the City’s research submissions are world-leading or internationally excellent (REF 2021)
- Located in the center of London, one of the most lively cities in Europe.
- Award-Winning Student Assistance
The university has one of the most significant percentages of postgraduate students in the UK. Most undergraduate degrees include a work placement, providing students an opportunity to obtain job experience. Since 1976, City has housed a highly respected journalism education center, the Department of Journalism. Many consider it one of the most excellent universities for journalism studies and the country’s largest center for journalism education.
There are a variety of scholarships available for students. The university offers 11 master’s degrees, five undergraduate degrees, and 15 scholarships. Students are eligible for a Business School International Scholarship of up to 2000 GBP. International Awards, President’s International Scholarship, and Cass High Potential Award are among the scholarships available at the City, University of London.
Schools at City, University of London
City has six different academic Schools-
- Bayes Business School (formerly Cass)
- School of Communication & Creativity
- School of Health & Psychological Sciences
- The City Law School
- School of Science and Technology
- School of Policy and Global Affairs
Degrees and programs
The City, University of London, has a world-class staff of academics and lecturers, all experts in their fields, and a varied community of undergraduate, postgraduate, and research students. Degrees at the university include-
- Undergraduate degrees
- Foundation courses
- Postgraduate taught degrees
- Postgraduate research degrees
- Short courses
- Professional development courses
- City Health courses
Undergraduate bachelor’s degrees
Work experiences and international study may enhance the skills and knowledge you gain during your degree. These attributes contribute to your development as an individual and professional. Undergraduate subjects include-
- Arts and media
- Computing and computer science
- Politics and law
City, University of London, is a world-class institution in the center of one of the world’s great cities, with outstanding facilities and structures.
A multi-million-pound investment strategy (over ten years) supports the commitment to providing the best student experience at City.
To accomplish this, it attentively gave an ear to students before investing in educational and social infrastructure. The university now has award-winning areas where you can meet, study, or socialize in facilities designed with the user in mind. Extensive renovations to Northampton Square buildings resulted in-
- Safe, light, and airy space
- Extensive 24-hour digital access
- Cafes and coffee shops
- Quiet and social study space
- Community space for Students’ Unions, clubs, and societies
City’s student life is never dull. Enjoy the dynamic experience of London and the surrounding area and the campus’s well-being, social, religious, and volunteering events.
Opportunities at the City-
- Make the most of your time in London. The British Library, free museums, and the magnificent West End are all within a short distance of the City.
- Meet new people by taking on new jobs or volunteering in your neighborhood.
- Enjoy facilities such as CitySport, a sophisticated sports and fitness center that offers individual classes and the opportunity to join sports teams.
- Discover the north London neighborhood of Islington, with its chic cafés, restaurants, theaters, and arts institutions.
Accommodation and housing
When you enroll at City, it hopes to alleviate the stress of finding a place to live. The halls are reasonably priced and conveniently placed, with spots reserved for individuals who fit the criteria.
Why choose City accommodation?
- Most halls are within walking distance of the university
- Rooms start from £195 per week
- You have access to a vast network of accommodation
As a City student, you can select from a wide range of university housing options, the most within walking distance of classes, lectures, and laboratories. The university spends extensively on undergraduate rent subsidies to keep costs low.
As a result, you will join a diverse community of people from various backgrounds. If you match the criteria for the Guarantee Scheme for first-year students, it assures you a room in the halls.
- Rankings for City, University of London, are consistent with its mission to commit to academic achievement, generate new knowledge, enhance the lives of its students, and positively impact society.
- Campuses of the university offer excellent chances for academic and professional growth for students.
- City, University of London’s amenities guarantee an excellent learning environment. Numerous cafes and coffee shops, community space for the Students’ Union, clubs and societies, and airy spaces are just a few amenities.
- The university helps you grow and develop as a student and individual. You can concentrate and learn better because of the inclusiveness offered by the university.
City, University of London, wants to foster a friendly culture that inspires everyone to work hard and be the best version of themselves. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you’re interested in studying abroad and want information on international universities.
Liked this blog? Read next: All about the University of Windsor rankings and more!
Q1. What is the City, University of London’s acceptance rate?
Answer- The City, University of London’s acceptance rate is 11%. It means that the university is highly selective in terms of admission.
Q2. How much is the cost for City, University of London’s MBA?
Answer- The City, University of London’s MBA fee for the Global MBA course is $32,000.
Q3. Is City, University of London good for computer science?
Answer- The City, University of London, has been at the forefront of computer science in the UK for six decades, helping to establish the British Computer Society and giving some of the first computer science degrees in the nation.