Table of Contents
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University – Explore your options
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is a private aviation and aerospace university. ERAU was established in 1926 in Daytona Beach, Florida, and has additional campuses in Singapore, Singapore, Arizona, and California. They offer undergraduate and graduate programs in various fields, including aviation, engineering, business, security, and intelligence. It has accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges and has a reputation for excellence in aviation education. The university also operates flight training programs and partners with major aerospace companies.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is a private university focused on aviation and aerospace education. The university offers a variety of programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Aeronautical Science
- Aerospace Engineering
- Aerospace Physiology
- Air Traffic Management
- Applied Meteorology
- Aviation Business Administration
- Aviation Maintenance Science
- Commercial Space Operations
- Computer Engineering
- Cyber Intelligence and Security
- Emergency Services
- Engineering Physics
- Global Conflict Studies
- Homeland Security
- Human Factors Psychology
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Mechanical Engineering
- Safety Science
- Aerospace Engineering
- Aerospace Physiology
- Aviation and Aerospace Sustainability
- Aviation Finance
- Aviation Maintenance
- Business Administration
- Cybersecurity Management and Policy
- Engineering Management
- Human Factors
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Occupational Safety Management
- Project Management
- Safety Science
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Campuses
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University has two main campuses in Daytona Beach, Florida, and Prescott, Arizona, as well as numerous online degree programs.
Daytona Beach Campus
The main campus of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is in Daytona Beach, Florida. Established in 1965, it offers various undergraduate and graduate degree programs in aviation, engineering, business, security, and intelligence.
Located in Prescott, Arizona, this campus was established in 1978 and offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs in aviation, engineering, business, and security and intelligence.
In addition to these two main campuses, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University has several other locations, including
- Worldwide Campus – Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s Worldwide Campus offers online and on-campus programs for students worldwide. It has over 125 locations in the United States, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East.
- Asia Campus – Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University also has a campus in Singapore that offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs in aviation, engineering, business, and security and intelligence.
- Europe Campus – The university’s Europe campus is in Berlin, Germany, and offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs in aviation, engineering, business, and security and intelligence.
Embry riddle aeronautical university rankings
ERAU is one of the top universities in the United States for aviation and aerospace education. Here are some of the recent rankings
- U.S. News & World Report (2022 edition) – ERAU is 1 in the Best Undergraduate Aerospace / Aeronautical / Astronautical Engineering Programs category and 1 in the Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs in the southern region.
- Forbes (2021 edition) – ERAU is 257 among all colleges and universities in the United States and 92 among private colleges.
- QS World University Rankings by Subject (2022 edition) – ERAU is 2 in the world for the subject of aviation and aerospace engineering.
- Aviation Week (2021) – ERAU is #1 in the Top Performing Universities Worldwide category for aerospace and defense engineering undergraduate degrees.
- The Princeton Review (2022 edition) – ERAU is 2 in the Best Undergraduate Schools for Entrepreneurship category.
The tuition and fees for Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University vary depending on several factors, such as the degree program, campus location, and student residency status.
For the academic year 2022-2023, the undergraduate tuition for a full-time student at the Daytona Beach and Prescott campuses is $37,406 per year, while the tuition for the Worldwide campus is $375 per credit hour.
Graduate tuition varies depending on the program, ranging from $590 per credit hour to $1,331 for 2022-2023.
In addition to tuition, students may also need to budget for additional expenses such as housing, books, and fees. The estimated total cost of attendance for a full-time undergraduate student at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University for the academic year 2022-2023 is approximately $56,250 at the Daytona Beach and Prescott campuses.
Meanwhile, the estimated total cost of attendance for a full-time undergraduate student at the Worldwide campus is approximately $21,554 per year.
The University is known for its strong emphasis on research, particularly in aviation, aerospace engineering, and related areas.
The university has several research centers and institutes, including the Advanced Dynamics and Control Laboratory, the NextGen Systems Laboratory, the Unmanned Aircraft Systems Science and Engineering Laboratory, and the Wind Tunnel Laboratory. This research centers on research areas such as air traffic management, aviation safety, unmanned systems, and space technology.
The University also offers several undergraduate and graduate research opportunities for students. For example, the Undergraduate Research Institute allows students to work on research projects with faculty mentors. At the same time, the EagleSat program will enable students to design, build, and launch a small satellite.
The university is also home to several research journals. One is the Journal of Aviation/Aerospace Education & Research, a peer-reviewed journal that publishes aviation and aerospace education research.
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is a top choice for students interested in aviation and aerospace programs, with campuses and locations across the United States and worldwide.
- The University is committed to advancing research in aviation, aerospace engineering, and related areas and provides students with many opportunities to get involved in cutting-edge research projects.
- For undergraduate programs in aerospace and defense engineering, ERAU is ranked first among the Top Performing Universities in the World.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your perspectives about the blog in the comments below. Please get in touch with us by clicking here for more information. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: SUNY Brockport | Your handy guide to studying here!
Q1. What is the acceptance rate for Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University?
Ans. Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University – Daytona Beach has a 65.5% acceptance rate.
Q2. What is the GPA required for ERAU?
Ans. To be considered for admission, students must be in good academic standing, with a minimum cumulative grade-point average (GPA) of 2.0 from the most recent college attended and a combined GPA of 2.0 from all colleges attended.
Q3. What is the average score for Embry-Riddle?
Ans. Embry-Riddle – Daytona students have an average SAT score of 1120-1330 or an ACT score of 23-30.