Table of Contents
Group 2 jobs form the foundation of government services. Preparing and executing government actions comes under the purview of Group 2 jobs. Inspectors, Sub-inspectors, Programmers, School teachers, Section officers, Junior engineers, and others are some of the prominent roles under this category.
The eligibility criteria are as follows
- Must be a graduate in any stream from any recognized university in India.
- The person must have attained more than 60% marks in class tenth and twelfth examinations and at least 55% in graduation.
- The candidate must not be more than 35 years old. Relaxations are, however, provided in the category of Scheduled Castes (SCs), Scheduled Tribes (STs), and Other Backward Classes (OBCs).
- The candidate must be able to write, speak and read the local language.
- Scanned copies of all educational documents such as SSC, SSLC, PUC ad graduation certificates and any other if applicable.
- Proof of nationality.
- Scanned photographs.
- Disability Certificate, if any.
- Scanned Signature.
- Admit card.
- Physical fitness form.
- Scanned copy of exam application form.
The selection via the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) combined graduate-level examination, state-level PSC examination, or promotion from the Group-3 jobs.
APPSC group 2
The Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission Group 2 jobs are across two categories: Non-executives and executives. The structure of the salary depends upon the category. It also includes additional benefits like dearness allowances, rent allowances, and so on.
The minimum basic pay for the non-executive post is Rs 16400, and for the executive, post is Rs 26600. Benefits like medical guarantees, promotions based on education, etc., are also provided to the candidates.
TNPSC group 2
The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission recruits individuals across several departments of the Tamil Nadu ministerial, subordinate, and state services. The jobs are split into eight groups based on salary, responsibilities, and duties. Per the 7th pay commission, the minimum salary is Rs 37200, and the maximum salary is Rs 117600.
UPSC group 2
The various group, 2 posts under the Union Public Service, include Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu, and Dadra and Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli Police Service, Pondicherry Civil Services and Pondicherry Police Services.
The candidates must also do well in the interview if they want to be selected for the Group 2 positions. Candidates are selected for this group on the basis of the preliminary exam, the main written exam, and the interview/personality test.
On the other hand, candidates are only chosen for Group 2A jobs based on the written exam scores they received.
Group 2 job profiles
- Assistant Registrar in Registrar of Cooperative Societies
- Prohibition & Excise Sub Inspector (Excise Sub-Service)
- Deputy Tahsildar in Land Administration
- Assistant Commercial Tax Officer – ACTO (Commercial Tax Sub-Service)
- Sub-Registrar Grade-II (Registration SubService)
- Executive Officer Grade-I in the Endowments department
- Assistant Labour officer in Commissioner of Labour Department
- Extension Officer (Panchayat Raj and Rural Development Sub Service)
- Assistant Section Officer GAD (Single Unit) in Secretariat
- Assistant Development Officer (ADO) in Handlooms and Textiles
- Municipal Commissioner Grade-III in (Municipal Administration Sub Service)
- Assistant Section Officer (ASO) in the Secretariat Law department
- Assistant Section Officer in Secretariat Finance department, etc.
Group 2 jobs – perks & allowances
Along with the TSPSC Group 2 wage, qualifying candidates also receive several additional perks. The following are only a few of the many benefits candidates get.
- Medical benefits
- Dearness allowances (DA)
- Traveling allowance (TA)
- House rent allowance (HRA)
- Telephone/ Mobile connection
- Study leaves
- And many other benefits
- Group 2 jobs are considered one of India’s most prestigious government jobs.
- The salary structure and other perks are inline on the 7th pay commission.
- The candidates have to be a graduate with minimum marks criteria.
We hope this blog was informative. If so, please share your views in the comments below. Click here to reach out to us for more information. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Top 10 government teaching jobs and all you need to know
Q1. How tough is the TNPSC exam?
Ans. After the group 1 exam, TNPSC Group 2 is one of the toughest exams.
Q2. Can a high school graduate apply for the TNPSC exam?
Ans. A high school graduate can apply for the TNPSC group- 4 exams.
Q3. Can one study from NCERT for group 2 exams?
Ans. Yes, for clearing the basics, one can start with NCERTs.