Table of Contents
- Overview of the Rome University of fine arts
- Courses at Rome University of fine arts
- Ranking of Rome University of fine arts
- Why study at Rome University of fine arts?
- Scholarships at Rome University of fine arts
- Eligibility requirements
- Entry prerequisite
- Test requirements
- Application procedure
- Key takeaways
The new creation and development of the fine arts are one of the reasons why studying fine arts in Italy is essential. Rome University of Fine Arts is one of the renowned academic institutes in Italy to study fine arts. Students from all around the world can enroll at the institution because of its favorable environment and secure their future prosperity. This article will cover detailed information about the Rome University of Fine Arts.
Overview of the Rome University of fine arts
The Ministry of Education, University, and Research (MIUR) has granted approval to the Rome University of Fine Arts(RUFA), an international, multidisciplinary university. Through its partnerships with illustrious individuals and elite businesses, RUFA ensures that its students receive the best possible theoretical preparation and routinely updated methodological and operational advice, while keeping a close eye on workplace and market trends. RUFA was founded in 1998 to meet the aspirations of Italian and international students and those of its founder, Maestro Alfio Mongelli, within a single academy. RUFA offers bachelor’s and Master of Arts degree programs that fully respond to contemporary artistic and cultural contexts, providing the highest caliber of artistic training and strong, concrete future employment prospects.
Courses at Rome University of fine arts
RUFA offers some of the most fascinating and in-demand fields of study among the many training alternatives. Students are guided and advised by the heads of visual art and design departments and applied arts/new technologies for the arts. The programs to choose from include-
- Set Design
- Graphic Design
- Comics and Illustration
Additionally, there are nine Master of Arts degree programs to choose from, including-
- Multimedia Arts and Design
- Visual and Innovation Design
- Computer Animation and Visual Effects
- Film Arts
- Set Design
Ranking of Rome University of fine arts
Italy’s number 124 university and ranked 13193 globally, Rome University of Fine Arts has greatly impacted Italy’s economic and social growth as it ranks number 11140 in the world for its impact on fine arts studies. The institute operates openly, ranking number 7420 worldwide for its open operations.
Why study at Rome University of fine arts?
A professional with the ability to make a significant contribution through their work in product design, street furniture, and interior architecture is a RUFA design graduate. They are the main representative of contemporary style because they understand the processes and techniques involved in implementing a project.
The most significant methods of computer-aided graphic representation and design, such as digital modeling and virtual architecture, are a part of the professional heritage of the RUFA-qualified designer. As an all-rounder, they can work with small-scale artisans and large-scale manufacturers to produce anything from a single item to an entire product line. The designer can work as an event organizer or in the introduction of trends and styles. There are no restrictions on the industries in which they can practice.
Scholarships at Rome University of fine arts
For the academic year 2023/2024, RUFA will award 15 scholarships to first-year students enrolled in Bachelor of Arts programmes. These scholarships are available to both Italian and international students studying Painting, Sculpture and Installations, Set Design, Cinema, Design, Sustainable Fashion Design, Photography and Audiovisual, Graphic Design, GD-Comics and Illustration, and Multimedia and Game Art. After completing all relevant courses and assessments, successful students will have €2,500.00 reduced from their three-year tuition expenses.
RUFA will award ten scholarships to Italian and international first-year Master of Arts students in 2023/2024. Visual and Innovation Design, Multimedia Arts and Design, Computer Animation and Visual Effects, Fine Arts (Painting, Sculpture, Printmaking), and Film Arts are provided. Each scholarship is worth €2,500.00, and it will be deducted from the two-year tuition expenses. The scholarship will be renewed for the second year if students complete the credit and exam prerequisites indicated in their study plan.
- Applicants must submit a portfolio, a letter of purpose, and a scholarship application form to be considered in the selection process.
- The ISEE determines income, which is the only criterion for evaluating Bachelor of Arts grants. The competition income and asset limit for 2021 is € 40,000.00 (ISEE). The commission of three Master of Arts-related lecturers awards merit-based Master of Arts scholarships at the motivational interview for Academy admission. The commission discusses qualifications, graduation grade/diploma, analysis of thesis/portfolio, and outcome of the interview.
- BA Degree Program-The requirement for entry to the First Level Course is a secondary school certificate or other qualification obtained abroad and recognized as valid by the academic board in compliance with international agreements.
- MA Degree Program- A three-year (new regulations) or four-year (old regulations) First Level Academic Diploma, or a University Degree or Diploma, is required for admission to the Second Level Academic Courses (Bachelor’s Degree).
- Everyone who has completed secondary school must take the admissions test.
- Examining the student’s educational background and reasons for signing up for the RUFA learning project are the objectives of the admission test.
- Applicants must submit a portfolio with at least 10 digital images as part of the application process.
- The portfolio must be attached to the scholarship application form.
- The portfolio must be saved as a PDF file.
- The total size of a portfolio should not exceed 8 megabytes.
- The portfolio must include a list that details each image with this information- image number, the title of work, medium, dimensions (Height x Width or Height x Width x Depth).
- Additionally, candidates for the BA in Cinema and the MA in Film Arts may send a short film by email at concorsi-@-unirufa.it or via a file-sharing platform (e.g. WeTransfer).
- During studying at RUFA, students can attend laboratories, workshops, experiential lessons, exhibitions, presentations, and debates.
- RUFA has worked intensively in collaboration with the prestigious KDU University College in Malaysia.
- Interdisciplinary study is a goal that the Department of Visual Arts at RUFA intends to pursue.
Did you enjoy this blog? If yes, please share your thoughts in the comments below. Click here to contact us for more information on Rome University of Fine Arts. We would be happy to assist you with your queries!
Liked this blog? Read next: 5 things you need to know about studying Fine Arts abroad
Q1. Is it hard to get into RUFA?
Ans- Joining the community of RUFA is not difficult, but it requires commitment and determination.
Q2. Is Rome University of Fine Arts a private university?
Ans- The Rome University of Fine Arts is a private tertiary academy of arts
Q3. Does Italy have good art schools with cheap tuition and convenient locations? Ans- Throughout major cities like Rome, Florence, Milan, and Venice, Italy is a great place to study art.