Table of Contents
- About MBA scholarships
- What is an MBA scholarship?
- Different types of MBA scholarships
- Leading scholarships for MBA for Indian students
- 1. Harvard University Boustany Foundation MBA Scholarship
- 2. Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship
- 3. Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship
- 4. IUBH Online MBA Scholarship
- 5. Global MBA Scholarships for Women, the University of London
- 6. IBA International Scholarship Programme
- 7. British Chevening Scholarships in the UK for International Students
- 8. McKinsey Emerging Scholars Program
- Key takeaways
About MBA scholarships
One of the most well-liked courses among Indian students is the MBA or Master of Business Administration. It aids in the student’s career development, and it presents them with a variety of opportunities. But getting an MBA can be expensive, and not everyone can afford it. The fee of the course may increase if you want to pursue an MBA from an international institution. Let’s discuss the best MBA scholarships for Indian students in detail
If you receive an MBA scholarship, you can fulfill your dream of attending an international university. For deserving candidates, many universities offer excellent MBA scholarships. The scholarship amount varies depending on the university and nation you intend to enroll in. It is based on your academic performance, professional background, extracurricular activities, volunteer work, and other accomplishments.
What is an MBA scholarship?
A scholarship for an MBA program is an award that students receive in the form of financial assistance. Typically, donors, private organizations, and the university itself provide funding for scholarships. It could be a monthly allowance, living expense allowance, full or partial tuition fee waiver, etc.
Your college or university will pay for all or a portion of your tuition fee if you receive an MBA scholarship. In some circumstances, you might also receive a monthly stipend to help with living expenses.
Different types of MBA scholarships
There are various MBA scholarships available for you to apply for. The most typical examples are-
1. Merit-based scholarships
Students receive these scholarships based on their academic merits. The selection committee considers your academic transcripts, GRE or GMAT scores, work history, and other accomplishments.
2. Need-based scholarships
Students who cannot pay for their MBA education receive these scholarships. The selection committee considers your financial need and bases its decision on it. You will get a full or partial scholarship, depending on your needs.
3. Diversity and gender-based scholarships
Several universities provide financial aid to underrepresented women and minorities. Students of a particular race, gender, ethnicity, or nationality often receive a diversity scholarship. If you are a woman or a member of a minority group, you may be eligible for a full or partial scholarship.
4. External scholarships
Outside agencies and individual donors provide these scholarships. Typically, they have their own set of eligibility requirements and application procedures. If you fulfill the minimum eligibility requirements, you are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
Leading scholarships for MBA for Indian students
Some well-known MBA scholarships for Indian students are listed below. You will find this list helpful in finding the scholarship opportunity that best suits your needs and profile.
1. Harvard University Boustany Foundation MBA Scholarship
Indian students who dream of pursuing an MBA at Harvard University are eligible for this scholarship. The scholarship includes a living stipend in addition to paying all the tuition for two years.
2. Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship
It is one of the most prestigious MBA scholarships available to Indian students. Students with strong communication skills and a strong academic record receive the scholarship.
3. Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship
This scholarship is for students who wish to complete their MBA at Stanford Graduate School of Business. The Reliance Group of Industries offers this prestigious scholarship. The scholarship will pay all or part of your tuition for two years.
4. IUBH Online MBA Scholarship
International students can apply for various MBA scholarships from the German business school IUBH. If you are an Indian student and meet the academic and employment requirements, you may be eligible to apply for one of the numerous scholarship programs this university offers.
5. Global MBA Scholarships for Women, the University of London
The University of London offers prestigious MBA scholarships exclusively for female students. This program is one of India’s most sought-after scholarship programs, with many scholarships offered each year.
6. IBA International Scholarship Programme
You can apply for this scholarship if you want to pursue an MBA at the Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Karachi. The scholarship is for international students with excellent academic backgrounds who want to study in a Pakistani university.
7. British Chevening Scholarships in the UK for International Students
You can apply for this scholarship if you want to pursue your education in the UK. The UK government provides British Chevening Scholarships to international students who want to enroll full-time in a postgraduate program at any UK university.
8. McKinsey Emerging Scholars Program
A scholarship program for students who want to pursue their MBA at any business school in the world is called the McKinsey Emerging Scholars Program. Scholarships are available to students who have an excellent academic record and have the potential to be leaders.
- MBA or Master of Business Administration, is one of the most well-liked courses among Indian students. It assists in the student’s career development and presents them with various opportunities.
- There are four main types of scholarships, namely, merit-based scholarships, need-based scholarships, diversity and gender-based scholarships, and external scholarships.
- Harvard University Boustany Foundation MBA Scholarship, Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship, Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship, IUBH Online MBA Scholarship, Global MBA Scholarships for Women, and the University of London are some of the best MBA scholarships for Indian students.
Did you find this blog about the best MBA scholarships for Indian students interesting? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments. Click here to contact us to get more information on international universities and scholarships. We would be happy to assist you!
Liked this blog? Read next: Best jobs for sociology degree | Here’s everything you should know!
Q1. How to get a full scholarship for an MBA?
Ans- In order to improve your chances of receiving an MBA scholarship, you need to obtain a high GMAT rating, match your profile with your post-MBA goals, assess your business school fit, apply as soon as possible, and negotiate the scholarship amount.
Q2. Which country offers an MBA free of cost?
Ans- The two most affordable countries to study MBA are Norway and Germany. Because there are no tuition fees.
Q3. Which country offers higher salaries to MBA graduates?
Ans- Switzerland, the United States, Canada, and France are some of the countries that pay high salaries to MBA graduates.