Table of Contents
- Q1. Can students who have surpassed the age of 25 appear for the NEET exam?
- Q2. What is the basic eligibility criteria for NEET exams?
- Q3. One of the most frequently asked questions by NEET students includes How many questions will appear from each section?
- Q4. What if you have misplaced your application number?
- Q5. The most frequently asked NEET questions includes – what are the exam languages of the question paper?
- Q6. Are open school candidates eligible to apply for NEET?
- Q7. How can you get proof of fee payment?
- Q8. Can you change your address in the application form?
- Q9. Can you change the language option after the form is submitted?
- Q10. Another one of the most frequently asked NEET questions includes which document should you carry along with the NEET admit card at the test center?
- Q11. What are the important topics for NEET chemistry?
- Q12. What are the important topics for NEET physics?
- Q13. What are the important topics in NEET biology?
- Q14. What are the instructions to fill in the OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) sheet?
- What we have to say
While students are busy preparing for their NEET exams, it is easy for the important guidelines to slip. While, studying the whole curriculum and understanding the exam pattern is a good start, you also need to understand aspects like eligibility, important topics, fees, etc. Students can get the lay of the land by solving example question papers online. This is probably the most effective method of determining the pattern. However, if you are looking for a comprehensive list of everything you need to know about the NEET exam, we have you covered! Check out the frequently asked questions in NEET exam with answers below, so that you don’t miss out on the most important aspects.
Q1. Can students who have surpassed the age of 25 appear for the NEET exam?
Officials have removed the highest age limit restriction. However, you must fulfill the lower age limit of 17 years without exception. All other conditions mentioned on the official website must be met – https://neet.nta.nic.in/webinfo/Page/Page?PageId=8&LangId=P
Q2. What is the basic eligibility criteria for NEET exams?
Candidates must satisfy the following requirements to be eligible for the exam –
- You should be a minimum of 17 years of age.
- You must have passed class 12 or equivalent examinations with key areas of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English from a centrally recognized board or state board.
- The qualifying marks are 50% in the general category and 40% in the SC/ST/OBC category.
Q3. One of the most frequently asked questions by NEET students includes How many questions will appear from each section?
The questions that will appear from each section are as follows –
- Physics – 45 questions
- Chemistry – 45 questions
- Biology – 90 questions (Botany and Zoology)
Q4. What if you have misplaced your application number?
If you forget or lose your application number, you may get it back by going to the official website –
- Under current events, select the ‘forgot registration number’ option.
- Log in using your name, your parent’s names, your date of birth, your security pin, and your category.
- An application number will be issued to your registered email address for downloading the admit card.
Q5. The most frequently asked NEET questions includes – what are the exam languages of the question paper?
- Candidates can choose from English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, or Punjabi for their question paper.
- The applicant will not be able to modify their decision once they make a choice.
- The English exam booklet is only for those who chose the language
- If you happen to choose vernacular languages you will get a Bilingual Test Booklet, which includes both the chosen language and English.
- If there is any ambiguity in any of the questions’ translations, the English version will be considered as final.
Q6. Are open school candidates eligible to apply for NEET?
Applicants who have completed grade 12 from an open school, private candidates, or aspirants who had Biology/Biotechnology as an extra subject in grade 12 will be unable to take the NEET exam.
Q7. How can you get proof of fee payment?
The confirmation page indicates that the fee payment was successful. However, details of the fee payment, such as the transaction ID, are available in the lower area of the confirmation page, and you can store them for future reference. The exam authorities do not supply any receipts.
Q8. Can you change your address in the application form?
Candidates can use the NEET correction window to change their address on their application form. Candidates must utilize their login credentials and make the changes in the address section in the NEET application.
Q9. Can you change the language option after the form is submitted?
Once you submit the application form, you will not be able to modify your language option. This is because centers are assigned depending on the medium of the question paper. You must practice extreme caution while selecting the question paper’s medium.
Q10. Another one of the most frequently asked NEET questions includes which document should you carry along with the NEET admit card at the test center?
At the NEET test center 2022, candidates must bring the following documents –
- NEET admit card
- Two passport-size photographs (as used in the application form)
- Valid ID proof – PAN card/Driving License/Voter ID/Passport/Aadhaar Card/Ration Card or any other valid IDs issued by the government.
Q11. What are the important topics for NEET chemistry?
The important topics for NEET chemistry include –
- Chemical Bonding
- Coordination Compounds
- Carbonyl Compounds
- Organic Chemistry- I
Q12. What are the important topics for NEET physics?
The frequently asked in NEET physics topics include –
- Modern Physics
- Wave Optics
- Kinetic Theory of Gas
- Rigid Body Dynamics
Q13. What are the important topics in NEET biology?
Important topics for NEET biology include –
- Plant Anatomy
- Endocrine System
- DNA Replication
- Digestive System
- Excretory and Nervous System
Q14. What are the instructions to fill in the OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) sheet?
The following instructions should be followed while filling in the OMR sheet –
- Answers must be written with a ballpoint pen that will be given in the NEET Exam venue.
- On the OMR sheet, the candidate must write the code for the exam booklet.
- Only the area in the test booklet should be used for rough work.
- Candidates are not permitted to amend their responses on the OMR sheet, and removing any information contained on the OMR page is prohibited.
What we have to say
Every applicant who takes the NEET aspires to do his or her best in the test. However, not everyone can rank in the top 100 scores. It is possible that the difference isn’t necessarily due to the amount of effort put in, but rather the technique implemented to prepare and strategize for the exam.
Along with grasping the basic topics and having a thorough comprehension of the ideas, it is important to note that the necessary guidelines shouldn’t go amiss. Starting early will allow them enough time to prepare for the NEET as well as keep the guidelines in check.
Liked this blog? Read MBBS Syllabus – Important information about the program and its content
Q1. Which state has the lowest cut off for NEET exams?
Answer – Goa has the lowest cut off for NEET exams.
Q2. Is it compulsory to answer all the questions in the NEET exams?
Answer – It is not mandatory to attempt all the questions in a NEET exam.
Q3. What is the maximum number of attempts allowed for NEET?
Answer – There are no restrictions to the number of attempts allowed for NEET.