Table of Contents
About Saint Leo University
Founded in 1889 as Florida’s first Catholic institution, Saint Leo University has a long history of providing students with a transformative, value-centered education. With over 40 majors and minors to choose from, its core mission is to inspire students to become their best selves and to pave the way for those who follow. Come see why the liberal arts college is among the best in Florida.
Saint Leo University is proud to be one of Florida’s oldest Catholic universities and the largest of the state’s four Catholic higher education institutions.
Saint Leo has become a world leader in redefining the 21st-century university due to its determination to make higher education more accessible to all. It serves over 14,000 students from all 50 states, the District of Columbia, three United States territories, and over 100 countries.
Saint Leo University is proud to be one of the nation’s leading providers of military higher education. The university’s faith inspires it to envision and contribute to a more socially just society.
Saint Leo University is a forward-thinking global Catholic liberal arts university that fosters a welcoming, inclusive environment that educates and develops students for success. Through service to others, it instills in the next generation of leaders a diversity of thought and the courage to confront the world’s challenges.
It creates welcoming Christian learning communities. It fosters a sense of belonging, unity, and interdependence by establishing mutual trust and respect as the foundation of its relationships.
Saint Leo University is a for-profit educational institution. It works hard, individually and collectively, to ensure that its students develop their character, acquire the skills, and absorb the knowledge required to become morally responsible leaders. The university’s success is dependent on a conscientious commitment to its mission, vision, and goals.
The university wants every student to live a balanced life. It emphasizes the development of the mind, body, and spirit. To help strengthen the character of the university’s community, all members of Saint Leo University must demonstrate a commitment to personal development.
The university values all individuals’ unique talents, respects their dignity, and strives to foster their commitment to excellence in its work, all in the spirit of Jesus Christ.
The community’s strength is dependent on its people’s unity and diversity, on the free exchange of ideas, and on learning, living, and working in harmony.
The neighborhood values diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice (DEIJ). This means that it values and celebrates individuals who identify with a wide range of social identity groups, such as race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, physical ability, class, political beliefs, and others. It also means that it strives to distribute all opportunities and resources to the community in an equitable manner.
- For incoming students, Saint Leo University has a rural campus setting with a variety of facilities. There are six academic buildings, eleven residential halls, two student centers, a library, one indoor activity center, a sports complex, and three dining halls.
- There are over 70 student-led clubs and organizations catering to every student’s interests.
- Athletics are very important at the university because 450 students compete in NCAA Division II.
- Students, faculty, and staff commit themselves to volunteer and spend approximately 2,200 hours per year on community service.
- The Student Government Union (SGU) is responsible for managing institute activities and is made up of five elected members.
- Through a variety of activities, the university’s Recreational Centre promotes both mental and physical fitness.
Saint Leo’s values-based learning approach has an impact on its academics by educating the whole person. It strives to help its students develop academically, personally, and professionally so that when they graduate, they are well-rounded learners who are prepared for anything.
Saint Leo has over 60 high-demand major and minor programs. Students can earn degrees on campus, online, or at a regional education center across the country.
Whatever path a student chooses, you will receive the same rigorous academics and impactful learning that distinguishes a Saint Leo education.
Common areas of study for bachelor’s programs include-
- Business administration and management
- Criminal justice/safety studies
- Elementary education and teaching
- Health/health care administration/management
- Human resources management/personnel administration
- Computer and information sciences
- Computer and information systems security/information assurance
- Computer science
Saint Leo University’s faculty are experts in their fields and eager to assist the students in achieving their academic and professional objectives. As its student-to-faculty ratio is only 14:1, students can expect one-on-one mentoring and guidance from professors who know the students personally by their names.
Students can expect personalized support from their professors and collaborative learning opportunities due to the small class sizes and intimate student-to-faculty ratio, regardless of which learning experience they choose. The faculty members strive to assist students in discovering their passions and channeling them into rewarding and successful career paths.
At Saint Leo University, professors will be more than just teachers. They will also be mentors and advisors who can connect students with a network of other industry experts and opportunities. Whether a student is studying on campus, online, or at a learning center, the university’s faculty is always ready to help them achieve their goals.
- Best Regional University- 26 in the South (U.S. News & World Report, 2021)
- Top Performer on Social Mobility- 10 in the South (U.S. News & World Report, 2021)
- Best College for Veterans- 14 in the South (U.S. News & World Report, 2021)
- Desi Arnaz- Famous actor
- Charles Henri Baker- Haitian industrialist
- Rodney J McKinley- Former airman of US Air Force
- Erika Shields- Law enforcement officer
- JP Ricciardi- Famous baseball player
- Established in 1889, Saint Leo University has a long history of providing transformative, value-centered education. Its core mission is to inspire students to become their best selves and to pave the way for others.
- Saint Leo University has a rural campus setting with a variety of facilities. It includes six academic buildings, eleven residential halls, two student centers, a library, one indoor activity center, a sports complex, and three dining halls.
- Saint Leo offers a values-based learning approach that has an impact on its academics. The university strives to help its students develop academically, personally, and professionally.
Did you find this blog informative? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments section below. Click here to contact us for more information on Saint Leo University. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: A complete guide to Cameron University
Q1. What is the acceptance rate for Saint Leo University?
Ans- The acceptance rate for Saint Leo University is 84.1%.
Q2. Do you have to live on campus at Saint Leo University?
Ans- All full-time students have to live on campus. Exceptions are for students who live and commute from home, married students, veterans, non-traditional students, and seniors with more than 90 credit hours.
Q3. Is Saint Leo University good for international students?
Ans- Saint Leo University is one of the top universities in the United States for international students. This university offers a high-quality education as well as numerous career and learning opportunities.