Table of Contents
- Indians can get many job opportunities in the USA
- Steps to follow to get a job in the USA (for Indians)
- Specialized job search websites
- Placement organizations
- Highest paying jobs in the United States
- Apply for a visa in the United States
- Eligibility criteria for a green card
- Green card application procedure
- Key takeaways
Indians can get many job opportunities in the USA
If you are searching for how to get a job in the USA (for Indians), you should know that having the right career strategy and preparation is always a good way to start. Finding in-demand jobs abroad is the aim of all aspiring candidates looking to work abroad. Aligning skills and profile strengths with available jobs in the United States for Indian freshers is essential to acquire the job. It will help them eventually secure a job overseas and achieve their career goals.
Steps to follow to get a job in the USA (for Indians)
How to apply for a job in the United States
Step 1-Search for jobs on Indeed, Monster, Career Board, and USA Jobs.
Step 2-Conduct extensive research on the company of interest and understand what they stand for.
Step 3-Write a cover letter explaining why you’re applying. This should convey an individual’s passion for the company while highlighting communication skills.
Step 4-A person’s resume should be written according to the company requirements to which they apply. Check that they meet the job requirements.
Many Indian companies have established branches in the United States, which must be discussed with management.
For this purpose, candidates can also look for internship opportunities. Most employers can also assist with visa application and placement. Organizations that offer internships to graduates include Intern Group, CI, CIEEE, and BUNAC.
The Fullbright commission provides graduates with one year of work experience with short-term employment opportunities. This is one way to enter the United States with an Indian degree.
Specialized job search websites
Job posting websites enable an individual who is wondering how to get a job in the USA for Indians to find various vacant positions, as well as the salary structure and other details related to that job opening. Some websites assist in finding specialized jobs that are listed down to make job search easier for you-
- Sales- SalesHeads.com, SalesJobs.com, Sales Gravy
- Tech- Dice, Stack, Overflow, GitHub
- Design- Behance, Dribbble, Carbonmade, Coroflot
- Hospitality- Hcareers.com, Hospitality Online, LinkUp
Here is a list of organizations that can help people find work in the United States
|Company||Headquarters||Number of offices|
|TrueBlue||Washington||900 across North America and 69 other countries|
|Aerotek||Chicago||200 in USA and others in Europe and the Asia Pacific|
|Kforce||Florida||50 offices and 2 national centre of recruiting|
Highest paying jobs in the United States
The following are some of the highest-paying jobs in the United States-
|Jobs||Salary (in USD) per year|
|Chief executives||185, 950|
|Airline pilots, flight engineers & co-pilots||160,970|
|Computer & information system managers||15, 151|
|Architectural managers||149, 530|
|Advertising, promotion & marketing managers||135, 900|
|Financial managers||129, 890|
|Social media strategist||110,080|
|IT manager||139, 220|
|Computer network architect||104, 650|
Individuals who are wondering how to get a job in the United States for Indians should understand the process of obtaining a green card in this country as well as the process of securing a job.
Apply for a visa in the United States
The first step in determining how to get jobs in the United States is to apply for a visa.
A visa is required to travel to and enter the country and complete the admission process. A foreign immigrant may apply for one of several types of visas-
- Exchange Visitor Visa
- Temporary Work Visas (Non-Agricultural)
- Temporary Worker Visas for Skilled Workers
- Seasonal Agricultural Work Visas
Eligibility criteria for a green card
An individual may be eligible if he or she meets the following criteria-
A first preference immigrant worker with exceptional ability in science, arts, and business, as well as a multinational manager or executive and an outstanding researcher or professor, can be eligible to apply for a green card.
A second preference is for an immigrant worker in a profession that requires a master’s degree and is seeking a national interest waiver.
A third preference is an immigrant worker, which means that you are a skilled immigrant whose job requires at least two years of experience, or a professional, which means you have a Bachelor’s Degree; or an unskilled worker, which means you have less than two years of experience.
It should be noted that one must approach an employer who is willing to sponsor.
An H-1B visa can be obtained if possible, but an applicant’s resume must support this application.
Green card application procedure
Individuals who meet the eligibility criteria must take the following steps to apply for a Green Card-
- Step 1-Go to the official website of the United States Government.
- Step 2-Complete Form I-485.
- Step 3-The USCIS will review the application and set up an interview.
- Step 4-Once issued, it will be valid for ten years.
- Acquiring in-demand jobs is a dream for all aspiring candidates looking to work abroad. Aligning skills and profile strengths with available jobs in the United States for Indian freshers is essential to get the job.
- Candidates can search for internship opportunities. Many companies can also assist with visa application and placement. Organizations that offer internships to graduates include Intern Group, CI, CIEEE, and BUNAC.
- First preference for green card immigrant worker with exceptional ability in Science, Arts, and Business. A second preference is for an immigrant worker in a profession that requires a master’s degree. A third preference is for a skilled immigrant, a professional with a Bachelor’s degree, or an unskilled worker.
Did you find this blog informative? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments section below. Click here to contact us for more information on how to get a job in the USA (for Indians). We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Top 10 jobs in the USA for Indians
Q1. Do US companies hire from India?
Ans- A company in the United States can hire workers in India. There are significant differences in employment laws between the United States and India, so it’s essential to understand the hiring nuances and compliance risks associated with pursuing international talent.
Q2. What is the average salary of an Indian in the USA?
Ans- The average salary for an Indian in the United States is $54,600 per year or $28 per hour. Entry-level salaries begin at $31,990 per year, with most experienced workers earning up to $78,051 per year.
Q3. Does Indian work experience count in the USA?
Ans- The answer is yes and no. The company determines it. Suppose you have work experience in India. In that case, you can usually include it on your resume and interview for a position one level higher than entry-level with one or two years of experience. It does put you in a better starting position.