Table of Contents
- Q1. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Q2. How do you deal with pressure and stress?
- Q3. How do you intend to reach your professional goals?
- Q4. Why should we hire you?
- Q5. What are your goals in life?
- Q6. What are your salary expectations?
- How should you respond to the HR interview questions for freshers
- What do we have to say?
You can prepare comprehensively for HR interview questions for freshers by reducing stress and reinforcing a positive attitude.
The frequently asked HR interview questions and answers for freshers usually include the following –
- a mix of simple introductory questions to break the ice,
- questions to judge your mindset,
- situational questions to test practicality,
- behavioral questions to assess emotional intelligence, and
- other questions related to your educational background and work experience.
Here are some of the HR interview questions for freshers to help you prepare better.
Q1. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
These questions are likely to pop up in the interviews for almost all organizations. One of the most popular interview questions; helps interviewers to learn about their perception of themselves. More significantly, these questions assess whether you are aware of your strengths and challenges and how these attributes can help the organization.
My strengths are as follows:
- An excellent communicator, which has helped me with my leadership responsibilities.
- A sharp observer which helps me gauge every situation in detail.
- I thrive when I’m part of a team.
- I am a quick learner who goes out of my way to ask questions to gain a deeper understanding of a subject.
My weakness is –
I am a perfectionist who is fascinated with paying attention to the smallest details. This sometimes distracts me from the bigger picture.
Q2. How do you deal with pressure and stress?
Yet another frequently asked HR interview questions and answers for freshers include how you can deal with pressure and stress. Workplace Stress and pressure are entirely different from the stress and pressure that we may face in an everyday situation.
Hence, this is yet another question that is bound to pop up in an HR interview.
I believe that stress and pressure are unavoidable given the competition in every industry. And hence, when it is impossible to run away from the inevitable, it is better if we see the positive side of circumstances. Thus, I believe stress to some degree is important to keep oneself challenged.
Q3. How do you intend to reach your professional goals?
A recruiter always hopes that you would stay with them for a long time. As a result, this will lead to a clear distinction between those who not only have a professional goal in mind but also have a plan to achieve it.
I split my professional goals into long and short-term goals to help me focus and attain them more easily. For instance, being a fresher, I’m now looking forward to first completing my digital marketing course online and then moving on to the other career milestones.
Q4. Why should we hire you?
- Another more general HR interview questions and answers for freshers include the reason to hire a candidate.
As a response to the question, simply state why you are the ideal candidate for the position, rather than exaggerating your achievements.
This interview question is an excellent opportunity for you to demonstrate to the interviewer why you are the best and most qualified applicant for the position. Moreover, this question will further help you to distinguish yourself from the other candidates.
I believe that, due to my diverse talents, I can be a great fit for your organization. I would be an excellent addition to your team since I can work within a team and be open to acquiring new skills.
Q5. What are your goals in life?
Companies make every effort to comprehend each interviewee’s long-term objectives. It helps them figure out if you’d be a good fit for the firm and gauge your dedication towards the organization.
My short-term aim is to ace this interview and land a job with a reputable organization like yours, and my long-term goal is to work my way up the corporate ladder and become a respected executive.
Q6. What are your salary expectations?
Yet another basic HR interview questions for and answers freshers include discussing the salary expectations.
How should you respond to the HR interview questions for freshers
- Check the compensation offered by the organization for the role.
- Obtain a range from the interviewer and determine whether you are comfortable with it. If the interviewer insists on a number initially, provide a range of numbers that you’re searching for.
- You should be prepared to negotiate, so set a range that you are comfortable with even if your compensation is lowered.
- Don’t simply mention an amount, explain why you are deserving of it.
Sample Answer :
Despite being fairly new in the digital marketing domain, I have worked on a variety of projects during my internship that has helped me with more experience in the domain. Along with the technical aspects, I am proficient with the current market trends which I believe will be valuable to your organization. All these factors show that I am worth the salary I have requested.
What do we have to say?
HR interviews may be challenging, and intimidating.
Ensure that you must prepare thoroughly and maintain your confidence throughout the process. The basic HR interview questions for freshers should not be a tough nut to crack if prepared confidently.
At certain times, the HR executives may be aware of your state of mind, and they may be lenient with you. With good listening, thoughtful speaking, and the use of refined language, HR interviews can be handled with ease.
Q1. How should you prepare for an HR interview round?
Answer – You should start preparing for an HR interview round with the following steps –
- Research the company you are being interviewed for
- Learn more about the job role by reading the job description
- Check your CV, application, and other documents in case of errors before you submit them
Q2. What is the purpose of an HR interview?
Answer – The purpose of an HR interview is to gauge the candidate’s personality, strengths, and weaknesses and to know if they are a good fit for the job role.
Q3. Can a firm reject you after an HR interview?
Answer – Yes, your job application can be rejected post the HR interview. One of the most prominent reasons is that you may not be the right fit for the firm.