Table of Contents
- About Indiana University
- Why study at Indiana University?
- QS World University Rankings
- Subject ranking by Times Higher Eduaction
- US News & World Report
- Indicator rankings
- Indiana University School of Education rankings
- 2023 Best Graduate Education School and Program Rankings
- Key takeaways
About Indiana University
Indiana University Bloomington, founded in 1820, is the flagship campus of Indiana University’s seven campuses and two regional centers throughout the state. Its world-class contributions to research and arts are distinguishable by innovation, creativity, and academic freedom. The university’s programs in environmental policy, social psychology, music, nuclear physics, and international languages are among the best in the country. Several of these programs rank first or second in the nation. It is also known for its creativity and firsts, such as the nation’s first informatics school. Read on to learn more about Indiana University ranking.
Why study at Indiana University?
Here’s why studying at Indiana University is beneficial for you-
- The university has 750+ student organizations.
- It has 80+ languages taught.
- Indiana University has 380+ study abroad programs.
- IU faculty, students, and alumn strive for the highest levels of excellence in their fields, winning prestigious national and international awards.
- The top-ranked IU Jacobs School of Music and its fine arts, theatre, and entertainment offerings compete with much larger cities. Every year, IU hosts over 1,000 performances.
- IU has consistent recognition for its international study programs and global philanthropic endeavors, and its forward-thinking campus climate.
- Ranks 1st in Music School and Music School Central.
- Ranks 4th in M.F.A Theatre Program, Onstage.
- Ranks 5th in Graduate University for Designers by LinkedIn University Ranking.
QS World University Rankings
Here are the rankings for Indiana University by QS World Rankings-
|QS World University Rankings||2023||2022||2021|
|QS World University Rankings ( Graduate Employability Ranking)||2023||2022||2021|
QS Work University Ranking by Subject 2022
Here is the subject ranking for the university-
- Arts and Humanities- 86
- Library and Information Management- 9
- Social Policy and Administration- 22
- Performing Arts- 35
- Communication and Media Studies- 46
- Anthropology- 51-100
- Geography- 51-100
- Sports Related Subject- 51-100
- Accounting and Finance- 95
- Psychology- 84
- Business and Management Studies- 94
- Life Sciences and Medicine- 226
Ranking criteria by QS World Rankings
- Alumni Outcomes- 65.1
- Employer-Student Connections- 57.7
- Graduate Employment Rate- 80.2
Times Higher Education 2022-2023
|Times Higher Education||2023||2022||2021|
Breakdown of ranking by Times Higher Education
- Overall- 56.5
- Teaching- 45.5
- Research- 39.5
- Citations- 85.5
- Industry Income- 53.6
- International Outlook- 54.3
Subject ranking by Times Higher Eduaction
- Arts and Humanities 2023 ranking- 126-150
- Clinical, pre-clinical, and health 2023 ranking- 201-250
- Engineering and Technology 2023 ranking- 251-300
- Life Sciences 2023 ranking- 201-250
- Physical Sciences 2023 ranking- 201-250
- Social Sciences 2023 ranking- 58
- Business and Economics 2023 ranking- 66
- Computer Sciences 2023 ranking- 201-250
- Law 2023 ranking- 87
- Education 2023 ranking- 60
- Psychology 2023 ranking- 59
US News & World Report
Here is the ranking for Indiana University by US News & World Repport-
- Ranks 152 in Best Global Universities
Subject ranking by US News & World Report
- Arts and Humanities- 49
- Biology and Biochemistry- 123
- Biotechnology and Applied Microbiology (tie)- 109
- Cardiac and Cardiovascular Systems (tie)- 190
- Cell Biology (tie)- 171
- Chemistry (tie)- 418
- Clinical Medicine- 188
- Computer Science (tie)- 190
- Economics and Business- 25
- Education and Educational Research- 31
- Endocrinology and Metabolism- 97
- Environment/Ecology (tie)- 175
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology- 61
- Geosciences (tie)- 244
- Immunology- 202
- Infectious Diseases- 131
- Mathematics- 249
- Microbiology- 165
- Molecular Biology and Genetics (tie)- 208
- Neuroscience and Behavior (tie)- 76
- Oncology (tie)- 174
- Pharmacology and Toxicology (tie)- 257
- Physics- 140
- Plant and Animal Science (tie)- 291
- Psychiatry/Psychology- 63
- Public, Environmental and Occupational Health (tie)- 202
- Radiology, Nuclear Medicine and Medical Imaging (tie)- 172
- Social Sciences and Public Health- 71
- Surgery- 158
- Global score- 661.
- Global research reputation- 106
- Regional research reputation- 52
- Publications- 151
- Books- 61
- Conferences- 375
- Normalized citation impact- 364
- Total citations- 152
- Number of publications that are among the 10% most cited- 152
- International collaboration – relative to country- 936
- International collaboration- 1090
- Number of highly cited papers that are among the top 1% most cited- 158
- Percentage of highly cited papers that are among the top 1% most cited- 420
Indiana University School of Education rankings
The Indiana University School of Education provides the best of both worlds, with top-tier graduate and outstanding undergraduate programs. They work together to create one-of-a-kind opportunities for their faculty, staff, and students to reimagine what is possible in education.
They have a proven track record of preparing tomorrow’s leading administrators, counselors, policymakers, scholars, and teachers as one of the nation’s most respected education schools.
2023 Best Graduate Education School and Program Rankings
The below rankings are as per US News & World Report-
- The university ranks as the number 1 School of Education in Indiana.
- It ranks 32 overall among Graduate Education Schools.
- Ranks 23 overall among Public Schools of Education.
- Ranks 9 for Higher Education Administration.
- Ranks 9 for Student Counseling and Personal Services.
- It ranks 13 for Curriculum and Instruction.
- School of Education ranks 22 for Education Policy.
- Indiana University offers programs in environmental policy, social psychology, music, nuclear physics, and international languages. These programs have great rankings from QS World Rankings and Times Higher Education.
- The university is also well known for its music school and its courses in fine arts and theatre. These courses give students the opportunity to tap into interesting aspects while studying at the university.
- Indiana University ranks 152 in Best Global Universities by US News & World Report.
- The Indiana School of Education ranks as the 1st School of Education in Indiana. This proves the university connect to education and learning.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your perspectives in the comments below. Please contact us by clicking here for more information on Indiana University’s ranking. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Iowa State University | A world-class research institution
Q1. Is Indiana good for international students?
Answer- International students interested in studying in Indiana have several excellent academic institutions to choose from as well as a unique geographic location within the contiguous United States. Indiana, one of the best states in the country, is a center for education and finance.
Q2. What is the GPA required for Indiana University?
Answer- First-year applicants must have a GPA of at least 2.0. Transfer students, international students, adult applicants, homeschooled students, and students who have been out of school for a year or more may have different application requirements and standards.
Q3. Is Indiana a good place to live?
Answer- Indiana is one of the best states to live in because it has the lowest cost of living, the lowest crime rate, and a thriving automotive industry. It stands to reason that as the state with the lowest cost of living, it also has extremely affordable housing.