Table of Contents
The global market is infamous for being too harsh on job seekers. If you have previously applied for a job, or are applying for the first time, then you would know how difficult it can be. This is the reason we spend hours daily searching and applying for ‘jobs near me’ on the internet.
Can you imagine how much tougher it would be in New York? The city that never sleeps, the big apple? However, there are ways to search for the right job for freshers in New York.
So let’s explore 5 of the most promising avenues!
#1 New York State website
If you live in New York and are not able to get any feasible job leads, then this website should be your go-to place!
The New York State website maintains a comprehensive job search portal where you can find ‘jobs near me’ easily. It allows both freshers and experienced professionals to locate private-sector jobs in their locality. Here, you can also locate job fairs or choose to avail free career advice from a team of competent New York state career advisors.
To search for the most suitable ‘job vacancy near me’ on this web portal, simply follow these steps-
- Look for the jobs express link on the website.
- Once this link opens, it will prompt you to choose your region.
- After this, choose which industry you want to begin your job search for.
- Next, enter your zip code into a pop-up window.
- Lastly, a listing of all the ‘job openings near me’ is displayed.
- Get an amazing job!
Website – New York State
#2 New York City government jobs
If you’re looking for government jobs as a fresher, New York City’s official website is your best friend. However, as the name suggests, it only lists down the government jobs available in the city. So if you want a job in the private sector, you will have to check other sites.
The New York City government is passionate about its approach towards providing equal job opportunities for all. This is also why this website is one of the best job search portals for anyone looking for an opportunity in NYC.
You can search for a suitable job for yourself on this portal by following these steps-
- Type your desired job or designation name into the search bar.
- Click on ‘search’ to do a generic search of all the current ‘jobs hiring near me.’
- You can also add filters and search parameters to further streamline your job search.
- Moreover, this portal provides you with search tips that can make your job search in New York much easier.
Website – Find a job in New York City government
#3 Google careers – ‘jobs near me’ in New York
Another great option for a job search in New York is google careers. You can do this 2 ways-
- Either go to the careers website of Google or
- Simply browse the search engine for ‘jobs near me in New York’.
You will find an unending listing of jobs for both freshers and experienced professionals easily on Google. Moreover, if you are browsing Google careers, then you have the facility to search for filters like ‘locations,’ ‘skills & qualifications,’ ‘degree,’ ‘job types,’ and also ‘organizations.’
Google careers will show you several full-time as well as part-time job opportunities. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to find part-time ‘jobs near me’ in New York using Google-
- Go to Google careers.
- Type your required job position in the search bar.
- Click on the arrows beside the filters to access the drop-down menu in each.
- Check the boxes of the filters you would like to apply during your job search.
- Press ‘Enter’, go through the long listing of the most suitable jobs based on your search parameters, and apply!
Website – Search jobs
#4 Indeed jobs – USA
Here, you can find both job postings as well as company reviews. Some freshers are hesitant about applying for their first jobs because they may not know of the practices of the prospective employer.
Indeed gives freshers the facility to go through company reviews so that they know about the pros and cons of a company. This will give you a good idea if you want to apply to the company or not.
Here is how to search for some of the most lucrative jobs online on Indeed-
- Go to the Indeed USA website.
- In the ‘what’ search bar, type in your required job position.
- Then, in the ‘where’ search bar, type in the name of your city or neighborhood.
- You can use quick filters like ‘date posted,’ ‘remote,’ ‘salary estimate,’ ‘job type,’ etc.
- Apart from this, you can also opt for a more advanced search by clicking on the ‘advanced job search’ button beside the ‘find jobs’ button.
- Or, you could even sign up to create an account and receive regular updates regarding online ‘jobs near me’ from Indeed.
Website – Indeed
#5 Glassdoor – USA
Just like Indeed, Glassdoor is a useful website when searching for both full-time and part-time jobs in your area. But searching for jobs on Glassdoor may seem easier for several reasons.
Just like all the other sources on this list, Glassdoor gives you a set of filters that you can apply for narrowing down on the specific type of jobs available in or near your area. In addition to these, you can use several other filters that will help make your job search extremely smooth and intuitive. If you are a fresher looking for a suitable part-time opportunity or even a full-time job, then Glassdoor can give you a colossal range of options.
Here is how to search for jobs on Glassdoor-
- Go to the Glassdoor website.
- Select your location as ‘New York‘ in the topmost location search bar.
- Just beside that, type in your desired job position or designation.
- In the list of filters below that, first select your ‘job type,’ then ‘job posting date,’ ‘salary range,’ ‘exact location,’ etc.
- Finally, press ‘enter’ on your keyboard and wait a second for the results to load.
- You will find that there are several job postings that qualify as ‘jobs near me’ in New York.
Website – Glassdoor
1. What are some other websites I can check out to find jobs near me in New York?
Answer: There are many prominent job search websites where you can search for jobs in your area, like Monster, FlexJobs, CareerBuilder, and even, LinkedIn. LinkedIn can help you build connections as well. This will also open up more opportunities for you.
2. What are some easy part-time jobs for freshers in New York?
Answer- You can apply for the role of a sales associate, part-time receptionist, part-time executive assistant, delivery driver, and also a part-time clerk. If you love dogs and can manage them, you can be a dog walker.
3. Which are the highest paying part-time jobs for students in New York?
Answer- You could apply for the post of campus ambassador, barista at a coffee shop, teaching assistant, research study assistant, and so many more, since these are some of the highest paying part-time jobs in New York.
New York is a city filled with budding professionals who are always on the lookout to grab job opportunities. Therefore, you will have to be proactive when searching for ‘jobs near me’ in your area. It will also give you the chance to put your best foot forward.
The job market can be tough on freshers, however, with the help of these tips, searching for jobs online should be easier.
Now, you now have the means to stay ahead of the competition in the job market. But in case you have any questions and or need our help, feel free to reach out to us or drop a comment below!