Table of Contents
- Loughborough University | An inspiring university campus
- Loughborough University | A brief overview
- Key takeaways
Loughborough University | An inspiring university campus
The establishment for Loughborough University London was exclusively for postgraduate study and research and brings together influential thought leaders, pioneering researchers, and creative innovators to provide one of the best postgraduate experiences the UK has to offer. Loughborough University London is a part of Here East(a Technology park in London, England), an exciting community of organizations, creatives, and educational providers. Its unique location encourages students and faculty to ask questions, challenge ideas, and collaborate with a diverse range of inspiring industry partners.
Loughborough exposes its students to influential thought leaders, pioneering researchers, and creative innovators, as well as the most recent developments in their field.
The university has partnerships with leading public and private sector companies and organizations, so its programs are driven by real-world issues and industry challenges. The Collaborative Project is an important component of many of its programs because it allows students to directly benefit local, national, and global society, which in turn helps them succeed.
Loughborough University | A brief overview
Loughborough University has two breathtaking campuses. It has a vibrant international community, with approximately 19,500 students from over 145 different countries.
The Loughborough campus is a stunning 440-acre single-site and its most glorious asset, it offers both undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and research programs. Despite its enormous size, everything you need for a comfortable student life is within walking distance of the university’s beautifully maintained open spaces and gardens.
In 2015, a second Loughborough campus was inaugurated on Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in London. The university provides a renowned student experience and allows every student the opportunity to reach their full potential. Its strong industry connections enhance these opportunities by providing students with placements.
They are also the foundation of our enterprising mindset, which is assisting businesses to innovate, expand, and improve performance.
The university takes pride in its outstanding research and is producing globally significant work that is motivated by society’s need for solutions to real-world problems, making it not only advanced but also relevant.
For the sixth year in a row, Loughborough’s reputation for sporting excellence, which includes performance, facilities, expertise, and collaborative efforts, confirms its position as the best university in the world for sports-related subjects (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022).
Along with being one of the largest engineering universities in the UK and having outstanding rankings in both national and international league tables, Loughborough’s focus and a strong sense of community spirit have resulted in something truly unique and distinct among UK universities.
The university has two fantastic campuses, each in a different part of the UK.
Loughborough is located in the Midlands, United Kingdom, with London to the southeast. Both campuses have cutting-edge facilities and excellent teaching, ensuring you have access to everything you need to succeed in your studies and future career.
The main campus of the university is located in the town of Loughborough. The Loughborough campus (once the estate of Burleigh Hall) is 438 acres (1.77 km2) in size and contains academic departments, 17 halls of residence, the Students’ Union, two gyms, gardens, and playing fields.
The Walled Garden, with its Garden of Remembrance, the Hazlerigg-Rutland Hall fountain-courtyard, the old cottage, and the Bastard Gates, which form the official entrance to Rutland Hall. They were donations from William Bastard, the Chairman of College Governors. These places are also named after him.
A famous cedar stands in the campus’s central quadrangle and has frequently appeared as a symbol for the university. Due to Heavy snowfall in December 1990 the upper canopy collapsed, giving the tree its distinctive shape.
Accountancy, finance, engineering, sciences, architecture, business, computer science, management, mathematics, languages, sports, economics, arts, social sciences, media, and psychology are among the many undergraduates, doctoral, and postgraduate programs offered by Loughborough University. The university has over 20,000 students and 4,100 staff members. It is a member of UNITECH International, a renowned international academic network, and collaborates with numerous international institutions, including MIT, IIT Delhi, and Nanyang Technological University.
It also works closely with a number of funding agencies and sponsors, including the Brunei High Commission, the Libyan Embassy, the Oman Cultural Attaché Office, and the Chevening Organization. The university provides students with the necessary skills and knowledge to improve their employability and provides them with numerous outstanding career opportunities.
Loughborough provides an excellent selection of undergraduate courses as well as a comprehensive selection of International Foundation Programs.
Every undergraduate program offers the option of a placement year, which is a paid year spent working in the industry in the UK or abroad. Some courses also include the option to study at an overseas university for three to twelve months.
Depending on your chosen course, there are several degrees available, including
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Bachelor of Science (BSc)
- Bachelor of Engineering (BEng)
- Bachelor of Architecture (BArch)
- Master’s in Science (MSci)
- Master’s in Engineering (MEng)
- Master’s in Chemistry (MChem)
- Master’s in Planning (MPlan)
Loughborough offers courses in the following disciplines
- Aeronautical and Automotive Engineering
- Architecture, Building and Civil Engineering
- Business and Economics
- Chemical Engineering
- Communication and Media
- Computer Science
- Creative Arts
- Criminology, Sociology and Social Policy
- Design and Creative Arts
- English and Liberal Arts
- Geography and Environment
- International Relations, Politics and History
- Mathematical Sciences
- Mechanical, Electrical and Manufacturing Engineering
- Natural Sciences
- Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences
- QS World University Rankings- 256
- QS WUR Ranking by Subject- 274
- Graduate Employability Ranking- 100
Notable alumni of Loughborough includes
- Lord Sebastian Coe, an Olympic athlete well-known for holding the world marathon record.
- Paula Radcliffe is the Williams Formula One team’s Head of Vehicle Performance.
- Rob Smedley is a former race engineer.
- Malcolm Sayer is a successful car and aircraft designer.
- Rosalind Ayres is a popular English actress.
- Tanni Grey-Thompson is a television presenter, Welsh politician, and former wheelchair racer.
- Loughborough University London is situated in Here East, a technology park in London, England. It is an exciting community of organizations, creatives, and educational providers.
- The university has two campuses, each in a different part of the UK. Loughborough lies in the Midlands, United Kingdom, with London to the southeast. Both campuses have cutting-edge facilities and excellent teaching.
- Loughborough University offers undergraduate, doctoral, and postgraduate programs in study disciplines such as accountancy, finance, engineering, sciences, architecture, business, computer science, management, and so on.
Did you find this blog informative? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments section below. Click here to contact us for more information on Loughborough University. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Sheffield Hallam University | admission, and more!
Q1. Is Loughborough University a member of the Russell Group?
Ans- Russel universities are a group of self selected universities in the UK that focus on research and teaching. Loughborough does not have the Russell Group of universities membership.
Q2. What is the acceptance rate for Loughborough University?
Ans- The acceptance rate of Loughborough University is 68% which makes it quite selective in terms of admission.
Q3. What GPA do you need to get admission to Loughborough University?
Ans- Loughborough University requires students to maintain a minimum GPA of 3.2 in order to be considered for admission.