Table of Contents
- About the Philippines
- Why study MBBS in the Philippines?
- Courses Available in Philippines Medical Universities
- Duration of MBBS in the Philippines
- MBBS Syllabus in the Philippines.
- MBBS Eligibility Criteria in the Philippines
- Scholarships for MBBS Study in the Philippines
- Career Scope After MBBS in the Philippines.
- Fees Structure – MBBS in the Philippines
- Accommodation in the Philippines
MBBS in the Philippines is an excellent alternative in compassion to an MBBS program in China. Since the previous decade, studying MBBS in the Philippines has gained in popularity among international students. There are several reasons why you should pursue a medical degree in the Philippines. The primary reason is the inexpensive cost of education. Along with this, Top Colleges in the Philippines provide exceptional facilities and faculties to their students.
About the Philippines
The Philippines is divided into three geological zones: Mindanao, Luzon, and the Visayas. It is rich in biodiversity because of its topography, including the rolling hills, lush woodlands, agriculture, and coastline. It has a massive concentration of flora and fauna, making it one of the world’s most biologically diverse regions.
Why study MBBS in the Philippines?
- Medical universities in the Philippines are the most affordable in the world, with the lowest educational costs.
- The educational system in the Philippines is modeled after that of the United States, with English as the language of teaching.
- The Philippines has a literacy rate of more than 93%.
- There is no policy on donations
- The Philippines is the most populous English-speaking country in Asia and the world’s fifth-biggest English-speaking country.
- It employs English as a medium of instruction in higher education.
- The way of life is simple to adapt to. People are nicer, and the environment is more open and welcoming.
- It is one of the safest places in the world for women.
- The majority of colleges have IMED/ECFMG/WHO accreditation.
Courses Available in Philippines Medical Universities
In the Philippines, MBBS is known as MD, and it is a combination of a Bachelor of Science and a Doctor of Medicine. It is a six-year degree program that includes a one-year internship. The first 16 months of the degree are dedicated to the Bachelor of Science, with the remainder of the time dedicated to medical science and clinical training.
The Pre-Medicine program is followed by the M.D. (Doctor of Medicine) program. The first three years of an M.D. degree are devoted to pre-clinical, para-clinical, general medicine, surgery, clinical, and specialized disciplines such as pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, ENT, and so on. The last year of the medical program is devoted to clinical training at linked institutions. This is referred to as clinical rotation.
Duration of MBBS in the Philippines
- MBBS courses are available at Filipino universities for six years.
- Nursing studies are also available in MBBS colleges in the Philippines for 4 years.
- Students studying general medicine must attend college for 5 years to finish the course.
- Dentistry courses at Philippine colleges last 5 years and pharmacy courses over 4 years.
MBBS Syllabus in the Philippines.
- The MBBS curriculum is broken into two sections: theoretical and practical.
- Students must understand the fundamentals of an MBBS course within the first three years of their study at medical universities in the Philippines.
- The students will spend the following three years focusing on the application of theoretical knowledge.
- Internships and practical training are provided to students throughout the program.
MBBS Eligibility Criteria in the Philippines
- You have to be at least 17 years of age to apply to medical colleges in the Philippines.
- To apply to medical colleges in the Philippines, you must have a minimum of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in your 12th grade.
- In addition, you must pass the NEET test and must have English as a subject in high school.
Scholarships for MBBS Study in the Philippines
- One of the finest aspects of universities in the Philippines is that they provide scholarships to overseas students.
- Students can contact university administrators to learn more about the specific scholarship programs.
Career Scope After MBBS in the Philippines.
- Students who graduate from Philippine institutions enjoy a plethora of job opportunities.
- Potential students have a bright chance to relocate to the United States or the United Kingdom for their higher education.
- Students may also continue their education by enrolling in postgraduate programs at universities in the Philippines.
Fees Structure – MBBS in the Philippines
|Our Lady of Fatima University (OLFU)
|University of Perpetual Help System Dalta
|Cebu Doctors’ University
|Manila Central University – FDTMF College of Medicine
|AMA School of Medicine, Makati, Metro Manila
|Bicol Christian College of Medicine
Accommodation in the Philippines
- MBBS Students studying at Philippines universities have good accommodation alternatives.
- Students can reside in university dorms.
- The majority of university hostels are either single or shared.
- Furniture is provided in the hostels.
- Along with the tuition, students must pay the cost of the hostel.
- The Philippines is the ideal place to pursue MBBS. The Philippines Medical degree is well-known worldwide.
- Students going to study MBBS in the Philippines will feel comfortable as the Filipinos are welcoming hosts.
- The MBBS students can get intercultural experience by interacting with students from other cultures and walks of life.
- Some of the finest universities in the Philippines have collaborations with other universities throughout the world, and their faculties include skilled professors and academics.
We hope you enjoyed reading this blog post. If you have any doubts, you can reach us here.
You can also leave a comment below and share your thoughts.
Liked this blog? Read next: Medical courses after 12th | Top 7 courses you must think about
Q1. Is there accommodation available at universities in the Philippines?
Answer – Hostels for International MBBS students are available at the majority of medical institutions in the Philippines. Although it is not necessary to stay at a hostel. It is strongly advisable to do so since it provides security and safety.
Q2. Do universities in the Philippines have up-to-date medical laboratories?
Answer – Yes, all colleges in the Philippines have well-equipped high-tech labs with the needful instruments.
Q3 – Is a medical degree from the Philippines recognized in the United States?
Answer – Yes, a degree from the Philippines is recognized in the United States. Furthermore, the study pattern and teaching procedure at medical colleges in the Philippines are quite similar to the structure of medical education in the United States.