Table of Contents
Clearing the NDA exams can give wings to your dream of serving the nation. The NDA Exam is the most popular among students who desire to join the Indian Defense Forces.
Read the blog to know more about the NDA exam.
What is an NDA exam?
The Union Public Service Commission conducts the National Defence Academy or NDA test twice a year for admission to the Army, Navy, and Air Force wings of the NDA, as well as the Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC). It is the country’s most coveted defense admission test, and both male and female candidates are eligible to apply.
The test has two parts: a written exam and an SSB (Services Selection Board) interview. After the announcement of the results, you will be summoned for an SSB interview.
NDA exam syllabus
The NDA curriculum includes areas such as mathematics and the General Ability Test (GAT).
The mathematics syllabus includes –
- Matrices and Determinants,
- Integral Calculus and Differential Equations,
- Vector Algebra,
- Analytical Geometry of Two and Three Dimensions,
- Statistics and Probability
NDA’s GAT curriculum is broken into two sections. Part A has English questions, whereas Part B contains general knowledge questions.
- Grammar and Usage,
- General Science,
- Geography, and
- Current Events
NDA Exam pattern
NDA’s written exam comprises two parts: mathematics and a General Ability Test (GAT). The written exam is for 900 points. Candidates who pass the written test with the required minimum score are invited to the SSB interview. The SSB interview is also for 900 points.
|Subjects||Marks||No. of questions||Duration of test|
NDA exam admit card
A link to get the admission card is made available on the official website. The admission card might be downloaded by logging in using the roll number or registration number. Candidates will not receive a physical copy of their admit card by post.
The following are the methods to obtain your NDA admission card –
- Click the admission card link on the official website.
- Enter your login credentials.
- The admission card will show up on the screen
- Take a printout of the admit card after downloading it
- Check out the official website to know more
NDA exam guidelines
- You must carry your NDA admission card to the exam hall.
- You should bring one photo-identity proof in addition to your admission card.
- Carry a clipboard or hardboard, and a black ballpoint pen, to record your comments.
- No books, notes, loose sheets, electronic or other types of calculators, mathematical and drawing equipment, log tables, stencils of maps, slide rules, test booklets, or rough sheets are permitted in the exam hall.
- Candidates who are caught duplicating or cheating face severe consequences.
NDA exam preparation
It is critical to prepare from the relevant sources. Although the market is flooded with books, it is crucial to know which ones to choose, to help you prepare better.
Solving previous years’ question papers
It is critical to approach the preparation correctly. Solving the previous year’s question papers will improve your speed and you will gain an understanding of the NDA test pattern. It will also help you gauge the level of difficulty of the questions in the exam.
The ability to revise is crucial to securing excellent marks in the NDA exams. Candidates should take brief notes and review them frequently. This will help the applicants to retain the knowledge for a longer period.
It is also important to ensure which topics require the most revision. Revisions can ensure retention of knowledge on the subjects that need more preparation. Revise all the topics and subjects you’ve studied thoroughly a week before the test.
NDA Exam Books
- Mathematics for NDA and NA: National Defence Academy and Naval Academy by RS Aggarwal
- Quantitative aptitude for competitive examinations by RS Aggarwal
- History Of Modern India by Bipan Chandra
- Science and Technology in India (Science and Technology) by Kalpana Rajaram
- Objective General English for Competitive Exams by S P Bakshi
- Manorama Yearbook by Mammen Mathew
What we have to say
- The NDA exam is considered to be one of the most difficult and the most competitive.
- But we are sure that with the right steps and strategies to clear the exam, it will be easy for you to navigate your route to success.
Liked the blog? Comment below and share your thoughts with us!
Liked this blog? Read next: Most difficult courses in the World | Top 11 courses you must know about
Q1. Does the NDA exam have a fitness requirement?
Answer – Yes, the NDA exam requires you to be medically and physically fit.
Q2. How many attempts are allowed for an NDA exam?
Answer – There is no limit to the number of times you can apply for an NDA exam, however, there is a maximum age limit of 19.5 years.
Q3. Can you get holidays in NDA?
Answer – The NDA students get holidays during festivals, as well as national holidays.