Table of Contents
- Why study at Northwest University?
- The history of Northwest Missouri State University
- The student community at the Northwest University
- Academic fees and accommodation
- Northwest University programs
- Degrees at the university
- Key takeaways
In Maryville, Missouri, Northwest Missouri State University is a public institution with roughly 8,505 students enrolled. Established in 1905 as a teachers’ college, today it serves as the official Missouri State Arboretum. The campus was modeled after Forest Park at the 1904 St. Louis World’s Fair. Interim President Clarence Greene runs the school under the direction of a Board of Regents nominated by the state.
Why study at Northwest University?
Here’s why you should pursue your studies at Northwest University
- The university has 64 national titles.
- The university’s student body represents 47 states.
- The university’s student body represents 36 countries worldwide.
- Maryville has a population of 12,000 people. It’s the ideal size for being a part of the community – neither too big nor too small.
- ‘Your Local Security’ named Northwest the safest college campus in Missouri.
The history of Northwest Missouri State University
Since 1905, the Northwest has produced leaders, inventors, and educators. Students have access to more than 150 main programs, 13 academic schools and departments, and the support they need to pursue their passions. Northwest serves as a student’s home away from home. It has a total enrollment of about 8,500 students annually, with an 80 percent retention rate and 37 percent students from the first generation.
The student community at the Northwest University
Hughes Fieldhouse, Bearcat Stadium, and Bearcat Arena are in the Northwest, where national champion athletes compete and national performers perform. With 150+ student groups and organizations, you can discover a new interest or develop your abilities. You can get assistance from the Student Success Center to succeed in the classroom. There are countless opportunities to meet people, build memories, participate in long-standing traditions, and experience new ones thanks to the events and activities outside the classroom.
Below are the rankings for Northwest University
- Ranks 299-391 in National Universities by US News 2022
- Ranks 220 in Top Performers on Social Mobility (tie) by US News 2022
- Ranks 156-209 in Top Public Schools by US News 2022
- Ranks 600 US College Rankings Times Higher Education 2022
Academic fees and accommodation
The revised fee structure for domestic as well as International students is as follows-
For domestic students, the tuition fees range to around 14,095 USD, Fees are everywhere 4,068 USD, On-Campus Living Expenses(9 Months) is about 9850 USD, Health Insurance – approximately 1,479 USD, and Orientation and Student Service Fees are around 325 USD.
For international students, the tuition fees range to around 12,000 USD, Fees are about 2,000 USD, On-Campus Living Expenses (9 Months) is about 9850 USD, Health Insurance – is approximately 1,479 USD, and Orientation and Student Service Fees are around 325 USD.
Northwest University programs
Here’s what the university offers
- MSU has over 170 undergraduate courses, 90 graduate, doctoral, and other online and short courses.
- Some significant courses available include business, information technology, cyber security, humanities, education, sciences, healthcare, and agriculture.
- It has seven academic colleges, one graduate college, and over fifty departments.
- The virtual campus Outreach provides online education in over 300 programs across 30 undergraduate and graduate degrees worldwide
Degrees at the university
Some of the degree programs at the university are as follows-
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Applied Science
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Music Education
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science in Clinical Laboratory Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Education
- Bachelor of Medical Technology
- Master of Arts
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science
Students from countries other than the United States must pass an English proficiency test. Students who have completed one or more years of higher education in the United States as part of universal-level programs are exempt from providing English proficiency scores.
Undergraduate students may apply through the official website or the common application. Both UG and PG students must apply to the University separately. All undergraduate students are free to apply to the University, but international graduate students must pay a USD 50 application fee before applying.
- Standardized tests are required to demonstrate minimum English proficiency-
- TOEFL-iBT- 61 for undergraduate and 79 for graduate students
- IELTS- 5.5 for undergraduate and 6.0 for graduate students
- PTE- 44 for undergraduate and 53 for graduate students.
- The university does not require SAT or ACT scores, but submitting them gives you an advantage over the competition.
- The average GPA required for admission is 3.63, indicating that students must perform above average in their classes to gain admission.
- The previous academic transcript and documentation proving financial support are required as supporting documents.
- Graduate courses require the GRE or GMAT.
- Students residing in the United States as international students must complete a US transfer recommendation form to continue their studies at Missouri State University.
- Northwest Missouri State University is primarily a residential four-year university that offers a broad range of undergraduate and graduate programs on its campus based on the design for Forest Park at 1904 St. Louis World’s Fair.
- International students need to give English language proficiency tests like IELTS and TOEFL to get admission to the university.
- The university ranks 299-391 among National Universities by US News 2022.
- The university has over 170 undergraduate courses, 90 graduate, doctoral, and other online and short courses.
Did you find this blog informative? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments below. Click here to contact us for more information on the topic. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: The University of Ottawa | Everything you need to know
Q1. Is Northwest Missouri State University a good school?
Answer: Northwest Missouri State University is ranked #104 out of 167 Regional Universities. Midwest in the Northwest Missouri State University’s 2022-2023 Rankings also ranked 600th in World QS rankings.
Q2. What GPA do you need to get into Northwest Missouri State University?
Answer: A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 is required. Complete the college-preparatory program in high school. Students who have completed the GED or HiSET are eligible with a minimum GED or HiSET score of 660 or 75, respectively.
Q3. How can I get admission into the graduate program of NWM University?
Answer: An applicant should apply well before the enrollment date to be considered for admission to graduate studies at Northwest. The Graduate Office must receive the application, official transcripts of all previous degrees and credits earned from all accredited institutions, GRE or GMAT scores, or other requirements, if applicable, along with the application.