Table of Contents
- Scholarships in Switzerland
- Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship
- Excellence Scholarships of the University of St. Gallen
- IMD MBA Scholarships for International Students
- Ecole Polytechnique Federale Lausanne (EPFL) Excellence Fellowships
- ETH Excellence Scholarships for International Students
- Key takeaways
Europe is known for its several remarkable educational hubs, such as Italy, Germany, and Switzerland. As an educational hub, Switzerland has a large number of institutions that offer internationally recognized courses. Since these universities also offer students financial aid, there are a variety of scholarships in Switzerland. Keep reading to know more about them!
Scholarships in Switzerland
On average, the cost of one-year tuition in Switzerland can range from CHF 15,000 to CHF 40,000 per year. However, the final price tag can vary depending on the university and course you choose. The following are 5 scholarships that help international students benefit from the Swiss education system-
Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship
- The Swiss Government Excellent Scholarship is among the scholarships to study in Switzerland that covers almost all living expenses.
- This scholarship is for international students pursuing postgraduate studies in the country.
- The purpose of the award is to strengthen and promote Switzerland’s global ties with more than 180 countries across the world.
- It is crucial to note that this scholarship is strictly for international students who are “academically brilliant”
Excellence Scholarships of the University of St. Gallen
- The University of St. Gallen offers two distinct scholarships to study in Switzerland such as the Starr International Foundation Scholarship Fund and the Excellence Scholarship.
- The Excellence Scholarship is for international students who enroll in undergraduate studies at the University of St. Gallen. Moreover, this scholarship is based only on merit.
- On the other hand, the Starr International Foundation Scholarship Fund is for foreign-language students who have a recognized foreign undergraduate degree and are seeking to complete their postgraduate studies in an English-language course.
- As of 2021, the maximum sum awarded for 3 years (the Excellence Scholarship) is CHF 18,756.
- The maximum amount awarded to scholars under the Starr International Foundation Scholarship is CHF 20,000 per year of the academic course.
IMD MBA Scholarships for International Students
- The IMD MBA scholarships are for international students with excellent academic records who want to study in Switzerland.
- This scholarship targets financial hurdles and constraints that may have prevented students from pursuing their higher education
- This scholarship particularly targets disadvantaged women around the world, promoting a plethora of lucrative educational opportunities to the underprivileged.
- Candidates who have strong work values and enjoy working in quality-driven environments are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- The scholarship is based on the pillars of competitiveness, diversity, as well as equality, attracting students from across the world to flourish in desired ways.
Ecole Polytechnique Federale Lausanne (EPFL) Excellence Fellowships
- The EPFL Excellence Fellowships are the scholarships to study in Switzerland designed for international students pursuing their postgraduate studies.
- Moreover, each scholar receives an amount of up to CHF 16,000 per academic year. In some cases, the issuing authorities also take care of accommodation expenses.
- One of the most noteworthy features of this scholarship is that students are provided with a monthly stipend for the duration of the funding.
- Additionally, scholars can choose their disciplines, allowing them to select a most aligned degree with their interests and professional goals.
- Candidates who have an extensive history of participation in different educational activities stand the opportunity to gain an advantage over the competition for this fund.
ETH Excellence Scholarships for International Students
- ETH Zurich is one of the most prestigious universities in Switzerland. This academic institution now offers scholarships to study in Switzerland that are designed to be as inclusive as possible.
- Additionally, candidates from all races, religions, nations and financial backgrounds are encouraged to apply for this scholarship.
- This is also among the scholarships that are offered to both, domestic and international students.
- Those seeking to pursue a course of study in the following disciplines from ETH Zurich are eligible to apply:
- Social Sciences
- Natural Sciences
- The scholarship is only for a tenure of 1.5 to 2 years. During the course of the funding, scholars receive study allowance and living allowance, and many other benefits.
- Switzerland is known for the quality of its educational infrastructure in addition to the plethora of lucrative courses to choose from.
- Being thoroughly prepared to financially support learning in Switzerland can ensure that aspirants invest their efforts into making the most of studying abroad.
- The above scholarships in Switzerland help support international students from across the world in funding their higher education in the country.
Liked this blog? Read next: Types of scholarships for international students | Scholarship list
Q1. What are the top universities in Switzerland?
Answer – The top universities in Switzerland are the University of Basel, the University of Bern, the University of Geneva, the University of Zurich, besides ETH Zurich.
Q2. What is the official language of Switzerland?
Answer – Switzerland is well-known for its cultural diversity and also, has a total of 4 official languages – Romansh, Italian, French, and German.
Q3. Are Swiss healthcare plans available for international students?
Answer – Absolutely! Swiss healthcare is one of the best healthcare systems in the world. Switzerland’s healthcare plans are also highly convenient and beneficial for international students. There are also many options of healthcare plans to choose from.