Table of Contents
Universities in South Korea extend various scholarships to aid international students in their educational pursuits.
Each year, South Korea sees a surge in international students choosing it as their study destination. Notably renowned for its safety, the country is one of the most secure global places to reside. Moreover, regarding its economic standing, Korea secured the 11th position worldwide for its GDP in 2015.
For students in Korean universities, campus dormitories are an optimal living choice. Nonetheless, alternative accommodations such as one-room apartments, boarding homes, or living as a tenant with a local Korean household are viable options, too.
While English isn’t the predominant language, many university students and the younger generation communicate effectively in English.
In the culinary scene, while predominantly non-vegetarian, there are also some vegetarian delicacies on offer. Additionally, Indian eateries are available. University premises house cafeterias providing meals at prices that align with developed nations, though the cost of everyday items might be steeper than in India.
In the country, universities notably present an array of scholarship opportunities for students. Furthermore, the allocation of these scholarships often corresponds with the applicant’s GPA achievements.
Type A (for private universities in the Seoul metropolitan region)
- Undergraduate students boasting an impressive GPA can afford a 30% tuition fee reduction.
- Furthermore, graduate scholars with a remarkable GPA and faculty recommendation are eligible for full tuition waivers.
- Those solely having faculty endorsements but not superior grades receive an 80% tuition discount.
- Specifically, graduate students in the international relations domain who have high GPA scores are eligible for full tuition fee waivers.
Type B (for private universities outside the Seoul metropolitan region)
- A 50% tuition fee reduction awaits undergraduate students with exemplary GPA scores.
- Additionally, graduate scholars with commendations from professors, researchers, or research entities can avail of full tuition fee exemptions.
- Graduate students possessing proficient language skills can benefit from an 80% tuition discount. Those with an excellent GPA will receive a 50% tuition fee coverage.
Prominent universities in South Korea
- Seoul National University
- Yonsei University (Seoul campus)
- Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST)
- Sungkyunkwan University (SKKU)
- Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH)
- Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST)
- Korea University
- Kyung Hee University
- Sejong University
- Hanyang University