Table of Contents
About the University of Central Lancashire
The University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) is a public research university in Preston, Lancashire, England. In terms of the student population, the university is the 19th largest in the United Kingdom. UCLan has academic partners on every continent, and the world-class quality of its education has recognition on a global scale. It operates a campus in Cyprus, where it provides programs and innovative research in a UCLan setting and atmosphere.
Why study at the University of Central Lancashire?
Here’s why you should pursue education at the University of Central Lancashire-
- When you are a student here, you can be proud that you are studying at a world-class university (Center for World University Rankings 2022-23)
- The university ranked first in terms of money invested in student wellness services (Student Welfare League Table, 2020)
- Preston ranks as one of the best cities in the UK to live in for graduates (Compare the Market, 2022).
- UCLan is a major university in the United Kingdom, offering undergraduate and postgraduate programs in the arts, sciences, engineering, medicine, and law.
- UCLan is at the forefront of developing degrees in emerging disciplines such as, fashion and forensic science. It makes Lancashire the world’s largest higher education provider.
- Scholarships and bursaries are available for international students studying in the United Kingdom at the University of Central Lancashire. Bursaries are awarded based on financial need, whereas scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement.
The University of Central Lancashire’s ranking
Here is the ranking for the university-
|Guardian University Guide 2023||104|
|Times University Guide 2023||107|
|QS World University Rankings 2023||801-1000|
|University Ranking (UK)The Complete University Guide 2022||89|
The University of Central Lancashire courses
The university is an excellent choice for undergraduate studies in the North West. Choosing a university is a significant undertaking. They offer many subjects and courses at the foundation, undergraduate, and postgraduate levels.
With over 350 undergraduate programs, nearly 200 postgraduate courses, and a diverse range of CPD courses, they provide you with the skills and experience that the industry requires. They have something for everyone, whether you’re just starting or considering a research degree. Learn more about what they have to offer at their UK campuses. Here are a few subjects
- Accounting and Finance
- Aerospace Engineering
- Art, Design, and Fashion
- Business and Management
- Care, and Community
- Computer Science
- Forensic Science
- Health Professions
- Therapeutic Professions
Services at the university
Here are a few services offered at the university-
- All students are entitled to free sports memberships at the Sir Tom Finney Sports Centre and the UCLan Sports Arena. Among the notable amenities are a well-equipped gym, fitness center, sports hall, and outdoor sports grounds.
- The school’s other locations include the Burnley campus, the Westlakes campus, and the Cyprus campus. It has additional satellite campuses for the universities in Mauritius and Hebei China that operate in partner institution facilities.
- On the Burnley campus, there are two major research facilities- the Applied Digital Signal and Image Processing Research Centre (ASDIP) and the Advanced Digital Signal and Image Processing Research Centre (ADSPRC).
- The University of Central Lancashire Westlakes is in West Cumbria’s Westlakes Science and Technology Park and has cutting-edge facilities. The Westlakes campus had a wet laboratory, a modern lecture theatre, and a design and simulation computer laboratory. It also includes a modern computing suite, a postgraduate student research office, and other facilities.
Student life at the university
- The University of Central Lancashire hosts several events, including art exhibitions, music festivals, public lectures, and science courses.
- Students are frequently enthusiastic about community development and other volunteer opportunities, supported by the University of Central Lancashire’s award-winning Centre for Volunteering and Community Leadership (CVCL).
The University of Central Lancashire has three campuses. The main one is in Preston. They guarantee on-campus housing for all full-time students admitted to the Preston campus.
The Preston campus has seven resilience halls with weekly rents ranging from 77 GBP to 108 GBP and a 1 and 2-bedroom self-contained flat with weekly rents ranging from 97 GBP to 124 GBP.
- The Preston campus residence halls provide a restored common room, shared kitchen, and lounge space. Rooms include a bed, a study desk and chair, a large notice board, a closet and drawers, a bedside cabinet, a light, and an en-suite wet room.
- Students who want to live in the school’s residence halls and apartments on the Preston campus must fill out an online application and pay a 250 GBP fee.
- During the application process for most residence halls, students can select catered or self-catered, co-ed or non-co-ed, and facility options. On-campus housing is not available on the Burnley and Westlakes campuses.
- The Student Accommodation Service helps students at the Burnley campus find suitable private accommodation; the average rent per room ranges from 85 GBP to 145 GBP, including utility costs.
- The main campus of the university is in Preston, with satellite campuses in Burnley (East Lancashire), Westlakes (West Cumbria), and Cyprus.
- UCLan provides students with comfortable housing in modern halls that are safe, fun, and inclusive of all students, as well as good value for money. All first-year students are guaranteed a place in halls at the University.
- UCLan is at the forefront of developing degrees in emerging disciplines such as fashion, forensic science, and more among its 230 undergraduate and nearly 200 postgraduate courses.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your views and perspectives in the comments below. Please contact us by clicking here for more information on the University of Central Lancashire. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Pacific University | Rankings, programs, fees, and more
Q1. Is the University of Central Lancashire fees affordable for international students?
Answer- The University of Central Lancashire is an excellent choice for international students due to its low tuition fee of approximately GBP 14000 per year. Aside from that, the university annually awards scholarships ranging from GBP 1000 to GBP 3000 to students based on academic achievement.
Q2. Is there an interview for UCLan admission?
Answer- The university may invite you to the interview if they accept your application. The majority of interviews are for courses at the University of Central Lancashire in Health, Performing Arts, and Design. The university will send you an email with all of the necessary information to reserve your slots.
Q3. Does the University of Central Lancashire also provide an online course?
Answer- Yes, the University of Central Lancashire offers a wide range of E-learning and mixed-mode courses at all levels- undergraduate, postgraduate, and even doctoral.