Table of Contents
- How to apply for full tuition scholarships for international students?
- Erasmus Scholarship
- Chevening Scholarship
- Gates Millennium Scholarship
- Hubert Humphery Fellowship Program
- Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships
- UBC International Scholars Program
- Tata Scholarship Fund
- Felix Scholarship
- UNESCO Scholarship (UNESCO/ISEDC Co-Sponsored Fellowships Program)
- Orange tulip scholarship
Embarking on an academic journey overseas can be expensive, and earning a scholarship often feels like a significant milestone. However, with the right scholarship selection and dedicated profile enhancement, the process can be more manageable than it initially appears. While numerous scholarships target master’s and Ph.D. students, a substantial number also cater to undergraduates. Each scholarship has its unique set of requirements, so it’s crucial to meticulously review all the details before applying. Here’s a list of some leading full tuition scholarships for international students to explore and pursue!
How to apply for full tuition scholarships for international students?
- Learn about the different types of scholarships and see which one suits you the best
- Shortlist the scholarships in the category you’ve chosen (refer to the list of scholarships for international students 2021 below)
- Make sure you’re eligible for the scholarships you’ve shortlisted
- Gather your documents
- Make your resume
- Find your references
- Write a unique essay for your scholarship application
- Head the scholarship application page, add your details, submit the documents, and apply!
Now, let’s look at some of the top full-tuition scholarships for international students…
The Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD) is a prestigious and integrated international study program, jointly delivered by an international consortium of higher education institutions. Additionally, EMJMDs award EU-funded scholarships to the top student candidates who apply in the annual selection rounds.
- Eligibility: Scholarship students must have already obtained a first higher education degree or demonstrate a recognized equivalent level of learning according to national rules and legislation in place by the application deadline.
- Degree: Masters/PhD
Acknowledged as one of the premier scholarships for international students in 2021, the Chevening Scholarship enables students from around the world to engage in one-year master’s programs in the UK. Moreover, this fully-funded scholarship covers flights, accommodation, and course fees.
- Eligibility: Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country; Be eligible for a post-graduate program at a UK university; Have at least two years’ work experience
- Degree: Masters
Initially established in 1999, the Gates Millennium Scholars (GMS) program, funded by a 1.6-billion-dollar grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, represents a significant educational initiative. This program offers a full scholarship for international students in the US. Furthermore, the primary aim of the GMS program is to foster academic excellence and provide exceptional minority students with significant financial needs the opportunity to achieve their highest potential.
- Eligibility: Must be from African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian Pacific Islander American and Hispanic American students with high academic and leadership promise who have significant financial need
- Degree: Graduate
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program provides 10 months of non-degree academic study and related professional experiences in the United States. Humphrey Fellows are selected based on their potential for leadership and their commitment to public service in either the public or the private sector.
- Eligibility: The applicant must have an undergraduate (first university) degree with a minimum of five years of full-time, professional experience and limited or no prior experience in the United States.
- Degree: Non-degree
Furthermore Each year, the Swiss Confederation awards Government Excellence Scholarships to promote international exchange and research cooperation between Switzerland and students from India. The scholarship accepts students who have completed their second year of graduation or post-graduation while being enrolled with an Indian, Singaporean, or Australian university.
- Eligibility: The research scholarship is available to post-graduate researchers in any discipline (who hold a master’s degree as a minimum) who plan to come to Switzerland to pursue research or further studies at the doctoral or post-doctoral level. The field(s) of study covered Doctoral or Post-doctoral Studies or Research in any discipline.
- Degree: Masters/PhD
Four prestigious need-and-merit-based awards are available through the University of British Columbia’s (UBC) International Scholars Program for students with financial needs. Some of these awards require an application, while others are automatically assessed. UBC offers approximately 50 scholarships each year across all four awards.
- Eligibility: You must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit, and you must have graduated from high school no earlier than June, two years before the academic year you are applying to. You must be applying for your first undergraduate degree and demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree (UBC automatically considers all international students for the merit-based International Major Entrance Scholarships and Outstanding International Student Awards scholarships, totalling a maximum value of $25,000 per year. If this amount does not cover your needs for tuition and basic living expenses, you can apply for the International Scholars Program).
- Degree: Undergraduate
Tata group’s $25 million worth of endowments allow Cornell to provide financial aid to undergraduate students from India. The Tata Scholarship Fund ensures that 20 of the very best Indian students have access to Cornell, regardless of their financial circumstances. The scholarship is awarded annually and the winners receive it for the duration of their undergraduate studies at Cornell.
- Eligibility: You must be a citizen of India, having attended a secondary school here. You need to offer admission to Cornell as an undergraduate student and be eligible for need-based financial aid. The College of Architecture, Art, and Planning; the College of Engineering; the Applied Economics and Management major in the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business; and majors in the biological sciences, physical sciences, and other “hard” sciences, as well as the social sciences, will receive preference for qualified students.
- Degree: Undergraduate
The Felix Scholarship offers gifted underprivileged students the opportunity to further their post-graduate education by attending a university in the UK. The Felix scholarships are available at three universities: firstly, the University of Oxford; secondly, the University of Reading; and thirdly, the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), which is part of the University of London. Consequently, you will be awarded the scholarship based on outstanding academic merit and financial need.
- Eligibility: The Scholarships are open to India’s academically gifted and underprivileged nationals, who must hold at least a first-class Bachelor’s degree from a recognized Indian university or a comparable institution.
- Degree: Graduate
UNESCO Scholarship (UNESCO/ISEDC Co-Sponsored Fellowships Program)
Moreover, The UNESCO Fellowships Program provides high-level studies opportunities through short-term fellowships to UNESCO’s member states.
- Eligibility: Applicants from invited developing countries and countries in transition must have at least a BSc degree or BA in Economics who are no more than 35 years old. They have to be proficient in the English language.
- Degree: Training Degree
The Nuffic Neso India warmly invites bright students from India to apply for the Orange Tulip Scholarship India. Additionally, this scholarship program offers awards up to a 100 percent tuition fee waiver for those pursuing higher education.
- Eligibility: Indian citizens; Not studying in or working in the respective country; However, Currently undergoing the admission process or already admitted to one of the universities from OTS participants
- Degree: Undergraduate/Masters
If you have any more doubts or questions about fully-funded scholarships for international students, you can drop a comment here or connect with us at iSchoolConnect.
We’d be very happy to help!