Table of Contents
- How to apply for full tuition scholarships for international students?
- 1. Erasmus Scholarship
- 2. Chevening Scholarship
- 3. Gates Millennium Scholarship
- 4. Hubert Humphery Fellowship Program
- 5. Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships
- 6. UBC International Scholars Program
- 7. Tata Scholarship Fund
- 8. Felix Scholarship
- 9. UNESCO Scholarship (UNESCO/ISEDC Co-Sponsored Fellowships Program)
- 10. Orange tulip scholarship
Pursuing an academic career abroad can be costly. And actually receiving a scholarship sounds like an achievement. But if you pick the right scholarship and work hard on building your profile, it won’t be as difficult as it sounds! While most scholarships are offered for master’s and Ph.D. programs, many are provided for undergraduate studies as well. The requirements for these scholarships may vary. So you need to ensure that you read all the information carefully before applying. Here are some of the top full tuition scholarships for international students that you can check out and apply to!
How to apply for full tuition scholarships for international students?
Here’s how to apply for scholarships for studying abroad–
- Learn about the different types of scholarships and see which one suits you the best
- Shortlist the scholarships in the category you’ve chosen (refer to the list of scholarships for international students 2021 below)
- Make sure you’re eligible for the scholarships you’ve shortlisted
- Gather your documents
- Make your resume
- Find your references
- Write a unique essay for your scholarship application
- Head the scholarship application page, add your details, submit the documents, and apply!
Now, let’s look at some of the top full-tuition scholarships for international students…
1. Erasmus Scholarship
The Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD) is a prestigious, integrated, international study program, jointly delivered by an international consortium of higher education institutions. EMJMDs award EU-funded scholarships to the best student candidates applying under annual selection rounds.
- Eligibility: Scholarship students must have already obtained a first higher education degree or demonstrate a recognized equivalent level of learning according to national rules and legislation in place by the application deadline.
- Degree: Masters/PhD
2. Chevening Scholarship
One of the best scholarships for international students 2021, the Chevening Scholarship enables students from all over the world to pursue one-year master’s degrees in the UK. This fully-funded scholarship includes flights, accommodation, and course fees.
- Eligibility: Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country; Be eligible for a post-graduate program at a UK university; Have at least two years’ work experience
- Degree: Masters
3. Gates Millennium Scholarship
Established in 1999, the Gates Millennium Scholars (GMS) program is a 1.6-billion-dollar initiative funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation grant. This is a full scholarship for international students in the US. The goal of the GMS program is to promote academic excellence and provide an opportunity for outstanding minority students with significant financial needs to reach their highest potential.
- Eligibility: Must be from African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian Pacific Islander American and Hispanic American students with high academic and leadership promise who have significant financial need
- Degree: Graduate
4. Hubert Humphery Fellowship Program
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program provides 10 months of non-degree academic study and related professional experiences in the United States. Humphrey Fellows are selected based on their potential for leadership and their commitment to public service in either the public or the private sector.
- Eligibility: The applicant must have an undergraduate (first university) degree with a minimum of five years of full-time, professional experience and limited or no prior experience in the United States.
- Degree: Non-degree
5. Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships
Each year, the Swiss Confederation awards Government Excellence Scholarships to promote international exchange and research cooperation between Switzerland and students from India. The scholarship accepts students who have completed their second year of graduation or post-graduation while being enrolled with an Indian, Singaporean, or Australian university.
- Eligibility: The research scholarship is available to post-graduate researchers in any discipline (who hold a master’s degree as a minimum) who plan to come to Switzerland to pursue research or further studies at the doctoral or post-doctoral level. The field(s) of study covered Doctoral or Post-doctoral Studies or Research in any discipline.
- Degree: Masters/PhD
6. UBC International Scholars Program
Four prestigious need-and-merit-based awards are available through the University of British Columbia’s (UBC) International Scholars Program for students with financial needs. Some of these awards require an application, while others are automatically assessed. UBC offers approximately 50 scholarships each year across all four awards.
- Eligibility: You must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit, and you must have graduated from high school no earlier than June, two years before the academic year you are applying to. You must be applying for your first undergraduate degree and demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree (UBC automatically considers all international students for the merit-based International Major Entrance Scholarships and Outstanding International Student Awards scholarships, totalling a maximum value of $25,000 per year. If this amount does not cover your needs for tuition and basic living expenses, you can apply for the International Scholars Program).
- Degree: Undergraduate
7. Tata Scholarship Fund
Tata group’s $25 million worth of endowments allow Cornell to provide financial aid to undergraduate students from India. The Tata Scholarship Fund ensures that 20 of the very best Indian students have access to Cornell, regardless of their financial circumstances. The scholarship is awarded annually and the winners receive it for the duration of their undergraduate studies at Cornell.
- Eligibility: You must be a citizen of India, having attended a secondary school here. You need to offer admission to Cornell as an undergraduate student and be eligible for need-based financial aid. Preference will be given to qualified students accepted to the College of Architecture, Art, and Planning; the College of Engineering; the Applied Economics and Management major in the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business; and majors across colleges in the biological sciences, physical sciences, and other “hard” sciences, as well as the social sciences.
- Degree: Undergraduate
8. Felix Scholarship
The Felix Scholarship offers gifted underprivileged students the opportunity to further their post-graduate education by attending a university in the UK. Felix scholarships are offered at three universities – the University of Oxford, the University of Reading, and the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), part of the University of London. You will be awarded the scholarship based on outstanding academic merit and financial need.
- Eligibility: The Scholarships are open to India’s academically gifted and underprivileged nationals, who must hold at least a first-class Bachelor’s degree from a recognized Indian university or a comparable institution.
- Degree: Graduate
9. UNESCO Scholarship (UNESCO/ISEDC Co-Sponsored Fellowships Program)
The UNESCO Fellowships Program provides high-level studies opportunities through short-term fellowships to UNESCO’s member states.
- Eligibility: Applicants from invited developing countries and countries in transition must have at least a BSc degree or BA in Economics who are no more than 35 years old. They have to be proficient in the English language.
- Degree: Training Degree
10. Orange tulip scholarship
The Nuffic Neso India invites bright students from India for Orange Tulip Scholarship India and offers awards up to 100 percent tuition fee waiver for pursuing higher education.
- Eligibility: Indian citizens; Not studying in or working in the respective country; Currently undergoing the admission process or already admitted to one of the universities from OTS participants
- Degree: Undergraduate/Masters
If you have any more doubts or questions about fully-funded scholarships for international students, you can drop a comment here or connect with us at iSchoolConnect.
We’d be very happy to help!
See what others are saying
How can I apply for graduation scholarship
You first need to see what type of scholarship you can apply for- Merit-based, Country of origin-specific, Special backgrounds, Subject-based, Program-specific. Then see who is offering the scholarship, since every scholarship is unique and it can cover from a few hundred to several thousand dollars.
We recommend reading the blog on How to apply for scholarships for studying abroad | Application tips inside! We hope this was helpful.
Can I apply for graduation scholarship
I am interested to move to Europe for a grade university where i can develop my knowledge .
I am an Alverian citizen interested to follow a study program.in BDM
One of our counselors will get in touch with you soon!
All the best.
You can also contact us-
Phone +91 9145332283