Table of Contents
- Unveiling the world’s finest hospitality management courses
- Reasons for choosing hospitality management courses
- Top 10 global hospitality management courses
- Les Roches International School of Hotel Management – Switzerland
- Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne (EHL) – Switzerland
- Cornell University School of Hotel Administration – USA
- Glion Institute of Higher Education – Switzerland
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University School of Hotel and Tourism Management – Hong Kong
- Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School (BMIHMS) – Australia
- Hotel School The Hague – Netherlands
- Oxford Brookes University Business School – United Kingdom
- César Ritz Colleges – Switzerland
- Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management – United Arab Emirates
- Key takeaways
Unveiling the world’s finest hospitality management courses
The hospitality industry offers countless career opportunities for individuals with a passion for creating memorable experiences for guests. As the global demand for high-quality hospitality services continues to grow, the need for well-trained professionals in this industry increases. To excel in this competitive sector, a solid qualification in hospitality management is crucial. In this blog, we will explore the top 10 hospitality management courses offered worldwide, providing insights into the famous institutions and programs that prepare future industry leaders.
Reasons for choosing hospitality management courses
The hospitality industry is different from the corporate world. Individuals working in hotels get to explore their creative side, with multiple opportunities to implement new ideas, overcome challenges, and provide better customer service. The top reasons to choose hospitality management courses are-
- Hospitality roles often require creativity and innovation to stand out in a competitive market. These skills are transferrable to various industries.
- The industry is resilient. Even during economic downturns, people continue to travel, dine out, and attend events, providing job security.
- With experience and additional qualifications, you can advance to higher-level positions, such as general manager or executive roles in hotel chains or restaurant groups.
- Skilled hospitality professionals are in demand globally, ensuring that there are ample job opportunities.
- Many roles in hospitality offer flexibility in work hours, making it possible to achieve a better work-life balance.
Top 10 global hospitality management courses
For those who aspire to a rewarding career in this dynamic industry, choosing the right educational path is a crucial first step. Here, we will explore the top 10 global hospitality management courses-
Les Roches International School of Hotel Management – Switzerland
Located in the picturesque Swiss Alps, Les Roches International School of Hotel Management offers a Bachelor of Business Administration in Global Hospitality Management. This program combines academic rigor with practical experience to prepare students for leadership roles in the hospitality industry. The institution’s stunning campus and strong industry connections make it a top choice for aspiring hoteliers.
Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne (EHL) – Switzerland
Widely known as the world’s first hotel school, Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne maintains its reputation as one of the finest institutions for hospitality education. EHL offers a Bachelor of Science in International Hospitality Management and a Master of Science in Global Hospitality Business, both of which provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the industry.
Cornell University School of Hotel Administration – USA
Renowned for its prestigious School of Hotel Administration, Cornell University offers a Bachelor of Science in Hotel Administration that is considered one of the most illustrious programs globally. The curriculum provides students with a strong foundation in all aspects of the hospitality industry, including hotel management, food and beverage operations, and real estate.
Glion Institute of Higher Education – Switzerland
Celebrated for its top-notch hospitality management programs, Glion Institute of Higher Education is another Swiss hotel institution. It has a beautiful campus overlooking Lake Geneva. Glion offers a Bachelor of Business Administration in Hospitality Management that emphasizes practical experience and industry knowledge.
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University School of Hotel and Tourism Management – Hong Kong
Known for its high rankings, the Hong Kong Polytechnic University’s School of Hotel and Tourism Management offers a diverse range of hospitality programs. It offers a Bachelor of Science in Hotel Management and a Master of Science in International Hospitality Management. With its strategic location, the school provides students with a unique perspective on Asian hospitality markets.
Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School (BMIHMS) – Australia
Acclaimed for its practical approach to education, Australia’s Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School has an affiliation with Torrens University. Students can pursue a Bachelor of Business in International Hotel and Resort Management, gaining valuable experience through internships in leading hotel chains and resorts.
Hotel School The Hague – Netherlands
Founded in 1929 in the Netherlands, Hotel School The Hague focuses on interdisciplinary research. It offers a Bachelor of Business Administration in Hotel Management, which prepares students for international careers in the hospitality industry. The program provides a solid business foundation, along with specialized hospitality knowledge.
Oxford Brookes University Business School – United Kingdom
Well-known for its global faculty and alumni network, Oxford Brookes University’s Business School offers a Bachelor of Science in International Hospitality Management. It combines management skills with a deep understanding of the global hospitality industry. This program provides students with the information and skills required for successful jobs in the hotel management industry.
César Ritz Colleges – Switzerland
With its campuses in Switzerland and Spain, César Ritz Colleges dedicates itself to providing high-quality education in hospitality management. The Bachelor of International Business in Hotel and Tourism Management programs at César Ritz instills a strong sense of service and professionalism in its students.
Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management – United Arab Emirates
Ranked as one of the best hospitality schools globally, the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in hospitality management and business administration. With its close ties to the thriving hospitality industry in the UAE, the academy provides students with excellent opportunities for networking and internships.
- The hospitality industry is a diverse and dynamic field, offering numerous career opportunities for individuals passionate about creating memorable guest experiences.
- A solid qualification in hospitality management is crucial for excelling in this competitive sector.
- Reasons for choosing hotel management courses include career diversity, travel possibilities, abundant work opportunities, and personal development.
- Top 10 global hospitality management courses include renowned institutions in Switzerland, the USA, Hong Kong, Australia, the Netherlands, and so on.
We hope you find this blog informative. If you have any questions or require further information about international courses, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Our dedicated team is here to assist you and help you take the next step toward a rewarding career.
Liked this blog? Read next: Must-know university glossary of terms for international students
Q1. Are there online hospitality management courses available?
Ans- Yes, many institutions offer online hospitality management courses, making it possible to study remotely. However, some practical aspects of the program may require on-campus attendance or internships.
Q2. Can I work in other industries with a degree in hospitality management?
Ans- A degree in hospitality management tailors to the hospitality sector, but it imparts transferable skills, such as customer service, management, and problem-solving, to other fields. This makes it possible to explore different career opportunities.
Q3. Are there professional certifications that complement a degree in hospitality management?
Ans- Yes, there are several professional certifications in the hospitality industry, such as Certified Hotel Administrator (CHA) or Certified Restaurant Manager (CRM). Earning these certifications can enhance your career prospects.