Table of Contents
- 1. Bachelor of Paramedic Science – Flinders University
- 2. BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science – Oxford Brookes University
- 3. BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science – University of Lincoln
- 4. Bachelor of Science (Paramedical Science) – Edith Cowan University
- 5. Bachelor of Health Science (Paramedicine) – Western Sydney University
- 6. Bachelor of Health (Hons) (Paramedicine) – The University of Southern Queensland
- 7. BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science – Coventry University
- Key takeaways
Often referred to as the ‘allied health forces,’ paramedics are like assistants to doctors. Their primary role as medical professionals is to provide advanced emergency care. Their work includes taking blood samples, running different lab tests, and tending to and suturing wounds. As a paramedic, you need to have the skills and experience to function in a wide range of medical setups. Therefore, you must undergo proper training and instruction to make a profitable career in the field. Listed below are the top 7 paramedical courses you can take up!
1. Bachelor of Paramedic Science – Flinders University
The Bachelor of Paramedic Science offered by Flinders University is a 3-year full-time course. It is an excellent undergraduate program for aspiring paramedics. You will develop a wide range of relevant skills while pursuing this degree. The course will train you to work with both international and domestic healthcare facilities so that you’ll be eligible for employment across various divisions. You can also get into pre-hospital science research after completing this course.
2. BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science – Oxford Brookes University
This BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science program offered by the Oxford Brookes University is also a 3-year full-time course. Here, you’ll get to learn about managing patients with a wide range of illnesses and injuries. The course also requires you to complete 2000 hours of clinical practice, which is mandatory for you to graduate. You’ll also get the opportunity to work with registered paramedics and participate in services across different clinical settings. The university further supports students by providing an on-campus Link Lecturer, an Academic Advisor as well as membership in a dedicated Student Paramedic Society to foster the right learning.
3. BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science – University of Lincoln
This undergraduate paramedic course offered by the University of Lincoln, UK is among the most sought-after paramedical courses in the world. This course provides a wide range of clinical skills as well as theoretical knowledge. Students are encouraged to gain credible work experience through relevant internships, which allows for the development of practical skills. Another advantage of this program is there is an availability of financial support for students who need an education loan.
4. Bachelor of Science (Paramedical Science) – Edith Cowan University
This 3-year full-time paramedical course requires an IELTS score of 7.0 and above for admission. The course focuses on creating a firm foundation in the ethical and professional practices in the field. You’ll get a chance to develop a proper understanding of procedures, concepts, and principles. The course will also allow you to build interpersonal relationships with practitioners, observers, as well as patients.
5. Bachelor of Health Science (Paramedicine) – Western Sydney University
This Bachelor of Health Science course offered by Western Sydney University is a 3-year full-time course. The course will equip you to work across different sectors and fields that include private paramedical care as well as defense. During this program, you will be required to undertake 3 months of clinical experience under a supervisor. You’ll also have ample opportunities to take part in mental health services and community healthcare.
6. Bachelor of Health (Hons) (Paramedicine) – The University of Southern Queensland
The University of Southern Queensland offers a 1-year full-time paramedical course. This program is a great platform to develop relevant knowledge and skills required in the field of paramedicine. Here, you will be trained by researchers and get to learn a wide range of techniques that help you gain a specialized skill set. This is a largely research-oriented course since research is integral to the development of the healthcare sector. The course will also help you gain a significant understanding of what the changing needs of patients may be.
7. BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science – Coventry University
The BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science program offered by Coventry University is among the most reputed paramedical courses in the UK. Given that paramedics are often the first healthcare expert on the scene, they need the know-how to tackle all sorts of challenges. These challenges pertain to urgent care to a diverse population in several different set-ups. Therefore, this course takes a “learning through exploration” approach to allow students to develop paramedic-related skills.
- Paramedics play a significant role in the health industry.
- There are ample job opportunities for professionals and earning prospects are also quite lucrative.
- Paramedics earn about USD 58,519 annually.
- This field also requires proper training and experience.
Refer to this list of paramedical courses and feel free to reach out to us regarding any help during your application process.