Table of Contents
Understanding the specifics while getting your UK work visa is crucial because there are multiple aspects to keep in mind.
Clearing the confusion can make the process of getting a UK work visa easy. We have done just that here.
Check out the blog for more details
Types of UK work visa
The types of UK work visas are divided into subcategories. Take a look at the 3 types of UK work visas –
- Short-term UK work visas
- Long-term UK work visas
- Entrepreneur, business start-up, and talent visas
Requirements to apply
Depending on the tier and visa your workers require, there are different criteria for a working visa for the United Kingdom. Except for the extraordinary skill specified in tier one, tier two includes the majority of long-term visas. For students outside of the EEA and Switzerland who have a job offer in the UK, the tier two general UK work visa is the most popular for businesses that are growing.
You can submit your application online or at one of the international UK visa application centers. You will require the following –
All candidates for general work visas require a licensed sponsor or an employer. However, some conditions differ depending on the kind of work permit –
- Application form
- 2 recent color photographs which are not more than 6 months old
- A passport
- Proof of financial ability to live in the UK
- Proof of accommodations
- Travel schedule in detail
- Results of the TB test
- A biometric profile
- A visa invitation letter
- Certified translations of documents that are not in English or Welsh
You may apply for a UK visa three months before your anticipated travel date. However, remember, that it might take up to three weeks for your visa application to be processed. Apply well in advance to give the consulate ample time to complete your visa.
You do not require a visa to work in the UK if you are from the EU, EEA, or Switzerland.
Duration of the UK work visa
If you have earned a Ph.D., your graduate visa may be valid for up to three years.
The seasonal worker visa, which is often only valid for a maximum of six months, is the principal exception to this rule.
A skilled worker visa requires you to –
- Work for a UK business that has received Home Office approval
- Possess a “certificate of sponsorship” from your employer mentioning the job offer you received in the UK
- Perform a task that is listed among the qualifying professions
- Receive a minimal wage – Depending on the sort of work you do
Most short-term UK work visas will cost £259 plus the healthcare surcharge beginning in 2022. Apart from the work visa, the graduate visa for students costs £715.
Additionally, it typically costs about £20 to give biometric data to the BRP (Biometric Residence Permit). However, it is important to note that these costs might fluctuate.
What can be the reason for UK visa denial?
- Missing documents can be one of the most important reasons for UK visa denial. The majority of applications are turned down for this reason. You’ll have to submit another application.
- Information in your documents is incorrect and inconsistent.
- Unable to financially sustain your stay in the UK.
- Not fulfilling the literacy requirement in English.
- Incorrect document organization.
What can you do –
You have two options if your application for a visa to the UK is denied:
- Request the visa again. If you reapply, be careful to avoid the prior error or to change your circumstances so that you can fulfill the standards.
- An appeal based on human rights. If your application for a visa is denied, you should have good reason to appeal.
- The legal review can help you know the reason for your visa denial. You may do this if you have good grounds to consider that your application was denied unfairly or unlawfully, or that the procedure used to process your application file was unjust.
The fees won’t be reimbursed in case of a visa denial. It is not possible to receive a refund if your application for a UK work visa is rejected or you decide to withdraw it while it is still being handled, since the money for the visa is necessary to pay the costs associated with processing your application.
Additionally, if your initial application for a UK visa is denied, you will have to pay the fee once more when you reapply.
What we have to say
- Applying for a UK work visa entails a detailed process filled with submissions, documentation, and more.
- Completing these processes just right can help not only avoid delays and errors in getting your UK to work visa but can also help you get it promptly.
Liked the blog? Comment below and share your thoughts with us!
Liked this blog? Read next: UK student visa | A detailed 5-step guide to get the visa!
Q1. What is the age limit to apply for a UK work visa?
Answer – You can apply for a UK work visa only if you are above 18 years of age.
Q2. How much bank balance will you require to get the UK to work visa?
Answer – You should have a minimum of £1,270 in your bank account.
Q3. Can a friend sponsor you to the UK?
Answer – The UK Visitor Visa application sponsor might be a friend, relative, or business partner.