Table of Contents
Students choose UCD because of its strengths in teaching and research. Another major draw for international students is UCD’s program portfolio, which includes programs recognized and valued by academic institutions and employers worldwide. Students at UCD also benefit from a well-rounded educational experience and expertise from faculty members. Keep reading to find out more about University College Dublin.
What does University College Dublin offer?
With over 320 staff and nearly 2,200 students, University College Dublin (UCD) is Ireland’s largest engineering and architecture school. Chemical, civil, electrical, mechanical, and materials engineering are among the disciplines covered by the college’s six schools.
The school offers a wide range of undergraduate and master’s programs and ongoing discipline-specific and interdisciplinary teaching and research development.
The main UCD campus, Belfield, is set in 133 hectares of parkland near Dublin’s city center. The campus includes academic facilities, research institutes, libraries, archival collections, student residences, and sports and recreational facilities. There are over 70 student activity clubs and more than 50 sports teams at the university.
Why study at UCD?
Here are a few reasons why you should study at UCD
University College Dublin ranking
|QS World University Rankings||181|
|Times Higher Education World University Rankings||201|
|Academic Ranking of World Universities||301|
The student center has previously won the RIAI Irish Architecture Public Choice Award for the building of the year.
Student life and facilities
Here are some of the facilities that will convince you to opt for UCD
- Praying rooms
- Fitness center
- Healthcare and medical
- Clubs and organizations
- Easy transport
- Tutoring support
- Campus wireless connectivity
Here are a few eligibility criteria
English language proficiency tests are a must. They are as follows-
|English language proficiency test||Minimum scores required|
|IELTS||Overall 6.5 with no band less than 6.0 is necessary.|
|TOEFL (iBT)||90 (21 in writing, 19 in each element)is a must.|
|PTE||54 (51 in every component) is a must.|
International students can apply online for both undergraduate and graduate programs. They must first apply for admission through the university’s website.
Step 1- Go to the ‘Services Portal’ and create a new account.
Step 2- In the ‘Create a New Account Section,’ enter your name, email address, and password. It is not necessary to provide contact information. After you click ‘Create Account,’ your user credentials are generated.
Step 3- After that, you must complete the ‘Personal Details’ and ‘Contact Details’ sections by selecting the Add/Edit option. You must complete the application form by entering the course information.
A candidate must submit various documents depending on the course chosen and the applicant’s country of origin to be admitted to an undergraduate or graduate program.
- Completed application
- Academic records from all previous institutions
- Identification documents
- Official English proficiency test results
- SAT/ACT/GMAT/MAT test results (wherever required)
- Essay (wherever required)
- Include a statement of purpose (wherever required)
- Two letters of recommendation (wherever required)
- CV or resume (as per requirement)
- UCD offers safe, beautiful, and pleasant on-campus student housing.
- The UCD homes have single bedrooms and either private or shared bathrooms.
- There are kitchens in student housing and fully catered packages.
- Students with disabilities have access to accessible facilities.
- Single rooms, double rooms, twin rooms, shared rooms, apartments, houses, and flats are available as housing options.
- The average monthly rent ranges between €500 and €700.
- The amenities are central heating, a washing machine, a microwave, internet access, and a free laundromat.
- The rooms are available for a few weeks, the summer, or the entire semester.
Internship opportunities are available to students pursuing undergraduate and graduate degrees at University College Dublin, ranked first in Ireland and 78th globally for graduate employability by QS. The UCD professional development center offers 3,500 graduate opportunities, and more than 204 firms participate in the recruitment fairs.
Global opportunities for UCD graduates
Ireland’s education system consistently ranks among the top ten in the world. Higher education in Ireland is tailored to the needs of a competitive economy. Global companies with innovative and progressive European headquarters in Ireland consistently hire the country’s highly educated graduates. Google, Apple, Twitter, and Facebook are just a few examples.
UCD graduates are in high demand. Within six months of graduating from UCD, approximately 93% of students find professional employment or further education.
UCD has a global alum network of roughly 300,000 graduates working in various top organizations. Because Ireland’s economy is one of the fastest growing in the Eurozone, many graduates stay and pursue careers there.
Students at UCD can take advantage of the Careers Network, which offers a variety of resources to assist with decision-making and career planning. It includes the following services-
- Personal career guidance
- Resource room
- Interview preparation
- CV support
According to the Emolument, the top paid positions of UCD graduates and alums, as well as their corresponding incomes, are listed below-
|Jobs||Average salary in EUR|
|Executive Management and Change||82640|
|Finance Control and Strategy||68590|
|Programme and Project Management||63630|
|IT and Software Development||54540|
- The UCD campus, located on 133 hectares of picturesque parkland, provides the best infrastructure and accommodation.
- Students can access world-class teaching and research facilities, interactive laboratories, and other amenities.
- The UCD alum network spans 185 countries, with many at the pinnacle of their respective fields. As a result, UCD alums and graduates are both global and influential.
- As per the QS World University Rankings, University College Dublin ranks 181 worldwide.
Did you find this blog informative? If so, do express your thoughts in the comments below. Click here to contact us for more information on University College Dublin. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Nalanda, the world’s first international university
Q1. What is the University College Dublin acceptance rate?
Answer- University College Dublin has a 20% acceptance rate. As a result, to gain admission to this university, one must be extremely competitive.
Q2. Is UCD good for international students?
Answer- It is one of the world’s best universities, according to the 2022 QS World University Rankings. UCD is also the best university in Ireland for international students and provides world-class facilities.
Q3. How is Dublin for international students?
Answer- Most students who prefer to study in Ireland choose Dublin. Dublin is not only home to some of Ireland’s best universities but also the headquarters of many of the world’s largest corporations. As a result, many international students prefer to study in Dublin.