Table of Contents
A springboard for success
The University of Bath is well-known for its teaching and research excellence, welcoming community, and excellent preparation for the workplace. The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide have named the University of Bath ‘University of the Year’ 2023. It also consistently ranks among the top universities in the United Kingdom. Continue reading to learn more about this university.
Why study at the University of Bath?
Here are a few reasons that will convince you to study at the University of Bath
- The university is in a bustling metropolis with a rich history. It is one of only three cities on the UNESCO World Heritage list in the world.
- The university has museums, art facilities, galleries, and a spa, and outstanding volunteer opportunities in the local community are available.
- The west of England is Britain’s most popular tourist destination.
- Bath School of Management is ranked fourth in the United Kingdom for Accounting and Finance, Business Studies, and Master in Management. The University of Bath has been awarded Gold status by the Government’s Teaching Excellence Framework, proving that it consistently provides students with outstanding teaching and learning.
- Bath School of Management has a 100% acceptance rate.
- The university has 86% overall student satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2022, with 1st in England and 3rd in the UK when comparing institutions in the Guardian University Guide.
University of Bath ranking
- Marketing ranks first in the United Kingdom in The Complete University Guide 2023. The university has had a hold over this position since 2017.
- Accounting and finance are ranked first in the UK in The Complete University Guide 2023, The Guardian University Guide 2023, and The Times and Sunday Times University Guide 2023.
- Comes under the top 5 in The Complete University Guide 2023 for Business and Management Studies
- The Times and The Sunday Times University Guide 2023 ranks them fifth in the UK for Business, Management, and Marketing.
- The University of Bath features in the Financial Times’ Top European Business Schools 2021 ranking.
- Ranks under the top 100 in the world in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022
- The university is in the top 20 most influential business schools worldwide for ‘teaching power’ in The Financial Times Teaching Power Rankings 2021.
Here are some of the programs and courses from the University of Bath
Undergraduate courses in the School of Management
- BSc Accounting and Finance
- BSc Business
- BSc International Management
- BSc Management
- BSc International Management and Modern Languages (French)
- BSc International Management and Modern Languages (German
- BSc Management with Marketing
MSc courses in the School of Management
- MSc in Business Analytics
- MSc in Engineering Business Management
- MSc in Entrepreneurship & Management
- MSc in International Management
- MSc in Marketing
- MSc in Operations, Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- MSc in Accounting & Finance
- MSc in Finance
- MSc in Finance with Banking
- Online MSc in Business Analytics
- Online MSc in Engineering Business Management
- Online MSc in Entrepreneurship Management & Innovation
Here’s how you can apply for admission to the university
- Register online with- UG- UCAS, and PG- the university portal
- Fill out the required information.
- Include a brief education history.
- Fill in the blanks with your work history.
- Choose your courses.
- Make a personal statement.
- Make payment for the application fee.
- Please submit your application.
Ensure to submit the following documents
- Submit financial documentation demonstrating adequate funds for the fees.
- Passport id page copies
- Statement of purpose
- You must submit a personal statement outlining your educational background and experience.
- A copy of your degree certificates and transcripts confirming your final grades are required if you already have them.
- Reference letters, if required, for your chosen program.
- If English is not your first language, you should demonstrate your ability to communicate in written and spoken English.
- You should provide certified translations if the original documents are not in English.
- Submit a research proposal if you plan to apply for a Ph.D.
English proficiency test
|TOEFL iBT||72 minimum|
Here are some of the services offered by the university
- The university is on the 140-acre Claverton Down Campus.
- Staff and student housing, as well as academic buildings, are all part of the complex.
- The Olympic Legacy Swimming Pool is one of the on-campus sports facilities.
- The Virgil Building, which houses the student city center, is located on the university’s main campus.
- The Virgil Building café has a fountain and is a popular student hangout.
- The Virgil Building also offers placement/career services, student services, skill centers, and study rooms.
- The central university library has security desks, open-plan rooms, and quiet study areas.
- The vibrant campus overlooks Bath and hosts various sporting, social, and cultural events.
- Fountain canteen, Parade, Lime Tree, 4W Café, and Sports Café serve food to students and staff.
- Through the Students’ Union, students can join over 160 groups (video games, debate, cue sports, etc.). It’s a unique way to learn new skills while doing something you enjoy.
- The Students’ Union branch that oversees all aspects of student sport is SU Sport. Students can get involved in student sports in various ways, including joining one of our 49 sports clubs to compete or play recreationally.
Students at the University of Bath have the following housing options
- To make its students feel at home, the University of Bath Management School provides reasonably priced, well-equipped, and safe apartments.
- Canal Wharf Hall, Cleveland’s Buildings, and Pulteney Court offer standard studio rooms, while Thornbank Gardens and Aquila Court Standard offer en-suite studio rooms.
- The average rent at the university is 153.00 GBP.
- The vibrant campus and location on the outskirts of Bath provide sporting, social, and cultural opportunities.
- Their strategy is to drive excellence in education and high-impact research, cultivate an exceptional and inclusive community, and strengthen our strategic partnerships.
- Accounting, finance, business, and management BSc degrees are available at the University of Bath.
Did you find this blog helpful? Please share your views and perspectives in the comments below. Please contact us for more information on the University of Bath by clicking here. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: An introduction to the University of Virginia
Q1. Is Bath University difficult to get into?
Answer- The acceptance rate for undergraduate and postgraduate courses at the University of Bath ranges between 10% and 20%. It means that only 10 – 20 students are chosen out of 100 applicants, making this UK university a highly selective institution.
Q2. Is an interview a part of the application process?
Answer- If your application for a course makes it to the shortlist and the university wants to learn more about your qualifications, educational history, and so on, you may get a potential invite to an interview.
Q3. For how many courses can you apply for?
Answer- When applying through the UCAS portal, you can select up to 5 courses.