Table of Contents
- About the University of Leeds
- Why study at the University of Leeds?
- University of Leeds rankings
- Complete University Guide League Tables 2023
- Shanghai Ranking’s Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2022
- The Leeds MBA
- Masters programs
- Research rankings
- Key takeaways
About the University of Leeds
The public research university, the University of Leeds, founded in 1904, is located in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. It is the fifth-largest university in the United Kingdom, offering over 300 undergraduate and 200 postgraduate courses. Business, engineering, and marketing are the most well-known courses. It has 39,000 students, 11.7% of whom are internationals. Let us learn about the University of Leeds ranking in different areas.
Why study at the University of Leeds?
Here’s why you should study at the university
- Leeds University commits to integrating sustainability into its operations. According to the University of Leeds, sustainability adds value to society by taking responsibility for its effects on the economy, culture, community, and environment. The university’s position as a worldwide leader in sustainability attracts the diverse knowledge of students, employees, and partners to work on advancing sustainable solutions to global challenges.
- It is a Russell Group university and is well-known for being a leading UK research university. So, regardless of the level of study, research is central to their instruction. Students can pursue education among inspirational academics and global experts who share the same passion for their subject by opting for higher studies at the University of Leeds Beckett.
- Exceptional athletes and coaches can merge academic and athletic performance with funding from the well-known scholarship programs at the University of Leeds.
- Sports scholarships ensure the ability to compete at a higher level while pursuing a degree from a top university. On the other hand, coaching scholarships at the University of Leeds enable aspiring students to work with the university’s head coaches to improve club results.
- The university has 71% placement and 96% internship rates.
- According to the QS World University Ranking 2023, the University of Leeds is ranked 86th out of 1422 universities.
University of Leeds rankings
QS World Rankings
- In the QS World University Rankings 2023, the university ranks 86th, placing them in the top 6% of institutions worldwide.
- In the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022, Business and Management studies rank 70th.
- Accounting and Finance were ranked 90th in the QS World University Subject 2022 rankings.
- The QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2022 place Leeds joint ninth in the United Kingdom.
- According to the QS World University Rankings- Sustainability, Leeds ranks 55th globally and 14th in the United Kingdom.
Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2023
- In the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2023, the University of Leeds ranks 128th.
- Leeds is ranked 13th in the UK and 97th worldwide for business and economics.
- The University of Leeds is ranked 37th in the Most International Universities in the World 2022, according to Times Higher Education World University Rankings data.
Complete University Guide League Tables 2023
According to the Complete University Guide 2023 league tables, the University of Leeds ranks 16th overall. The Business School was ranked fourth in Accounting and Finance, sixth in Marketing, tenth in Economics, and eleventh in Business and Management.
The Guardian Good University Guide 2023
The Guardian University Guide 2023 ranked Leeds University Business School-
- 9th in the UK for Accounting and Finance
- 10th in the UK for Business and Management
- 15th in the UK for Economics
- 7th in the UK for Marketing and PR
The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023
Leeds University ranks 23rd in The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023. Leeds University Business School has rankings in the following Business School subject league tables-
- 5th for Accounting and Finance
- Joint 12th for Economics
- Joint 16th for Business, Management, and Marketing
Shanghai Ranking’s Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2022
- The University of Leeds has been ranked first in the United Kingdom and sixteenth worldwide for Business Administration.
- Economics was also ranked among the top 76-100 subjects worldwide.
The university enters MBA and Masters’s programs in several leading global rankings each year. They are consistently ranked first in the world by the Financial Times, QS, and The Economist.
The Leeds MBA
- The Leeds MBA was ranked 12th in the UK and joint 37th in Europe in the QS Global MBA Rankings 2023.
- The Leeds MBA was ranked 76th in the world and sixth in the UK in the Economist 2022 rankings.
- According to the CEO Magazine Global MBA Rankings 2022, Leeds University Business School is one of only 37 European business schools ranked as ‘Tier One.’
- The MSc Management program ranks 12th in the United Kingdom and 78th globally in the 2023 QS Business Masters Rankings.
- The MSc Business Analytics and Decision Sciences program ranks 9th in the UK and the top 80 globally in the 2023 QS Business Masters Rankings.
- MSc Management was ranked sixth in the UK and 37th globally in the Economist 2021 Masters in Management Rankings.
Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021
- The Business School’s submitted research was deemed ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’ by the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021.
- Times Higher Education ranked the University of Leeds fifth in the United Kingdom for research power in the business and management studies unit of assessment in their assessment of the REF 2021 results.
- Their rankings include 108 entries. Research power is related to the quantity and quality of output research institutions produce.
- The University of Leeds is a well-known research institution among the several universities in the UK.
- The University of Leeds rankings for MBA and masters programs highlight its high value for education and learning.
- The university has rankings from QS World Rankings, Times Higher Education, and more for an excellent education for students worldwide.
Did you find this blog helpful? Please share your views and perspectives in the comments below. Please contact us for more information on the University of Leeds ranking by clicking here. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Introduction to the university of Huddersfield
Q1. What is the University of Leeds’s acceptance rate?
Answer- The University of Leeds’s acceptance rate is around 41.6%.
Q2. Is Leeds good for international students?
Answer- Leeds University is a multicultural campus with over 13,400 international students from 137 countries, located in a student-friendly city. We are a Russell Group university and a leading UK research university, so research is central to our teaching at all levels.
Q3. Is Leeds a good place to live?
Answer- Leeds is the country’s largest legal and financial center outside of London, and Leeds Central Station is the third busiest outside of the capital. It contributes to a thriving city where the populous’s creativity is evident in the exceptional range of places to eat, drink, play, and browse.