Table of Contents
Vienna University of Economics and Business | A brief history
Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU Wien) is a top-ranked public research university located in Vienna, Austria. Founded in 1898, the university has grown to become one of the largest and most renowned universities in Europe, with over 22,000 students from more than 100 countries. Therefore, in this blog, we will take a closer look at the academic programs, research opportunities, campus life, and more.
WU Wien offers a wide range of undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs in various disciplines. These include business, economics, law, social sciences, and information technology.
- Undergraduate programs: WU Wien offers a variety of undergraduate programs, including bachelor’s programs in business and economics, law, social sciences, and information technology. It typically takes three years to complete the programs. Additionally, the language of instruction is English or German, depending on the program.
- Graduate programs: WU Wien offers several graduate programs, including master’s programs in business and economics, law, social sciences, and information technology. The programs range from one to two years, and the language of instruction may be English or German.
- Doctoral Programs: WU Wien also offers doctoral programs in business and economics, social sciences, and information technology. The programs typically take three to five years to complete, and the instruction language is English.
All of WU Wien’s academic programs are designed to provide you with a solid theoretical foundation and practical skills. You can also take advantage of the university’s partnerships with businesses, organizations, and universities around the world. Through this, you will gain international experience and expand your professional networks.
Courses and fees (Bachelors)
Vienna University of Economics and Business offers a range of undergraduate programs in various disciplines. The Bachelor of Business program is one of the most popular undergraduate programs, attracting students from around the world.
The Bachelor of Business program is taught in German, which is the language of instruction at WU Wien. Therefore, you must have a German language proficiency level of at least B2. The program is offered on a full-time basis, with a duration of six semesters (three years).
The tuition fees for the Bachelor of Business program at WU Wien are the same for both international and domestic students, at ₹62,820 per year. The program provides students with a solid foundation in business principles, including accounting, finance, marketing, management, and entrepreneurship. The curriculum is designed to provide students with a balance of theoretical knowledge and practical skills that are relevant to the modern business environment.
In addition to the Bachelor of Business program, WU Wien also offers undergraduate programs in economics, law, and sociology. The tuition fees for these programs are ₹62,820 per year, and they are taught in German. These programs provide students with a comprehensive education in their chosen field of study, preparing them for successful careers or further academic pursuits.
Overall, WU Wien is an excellent choice for students looking to pursue undergraduate studies in a dynamic and challenging academic environment. With its world-class faculty, rigorous curriculum, and supportive community, WU Wien provides students with the tools and resources they need to succeed in their chosen field of study and make a positive impact in the world.
WU Wien is a leading research institution, with several research centers and institutes working on cutting-edge projects in various fields. The university’s research areas include business, economics, law, social sciences, and information technology.
WU Wien’s research projects are often interdisciplinary, involving collaboration between different departments and faculties. The university also encourages its students to get involved in research activities, providing them with opportunities to work with faculty members on research projects or pursue their own research interests.
Some of the research centers and institutes at WU Wien include the Institute for Advanced Studies, the Austrian Institute for Economic Research, the Institute for International Business, and the Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies.
WU Wien’s campus is located in Vienna’s second district, close to the city center and several public transportation options. The campus features modern facilities, including lecture halls, seminar rooms, research labs, and a library.
The university also provides several services and facilities to support students, including student housing, dining options, sports facilities, and a student counseling center. WU Wien’s student organizations and clubs provide students with opportunities to get involved in extracurricular activities and meet other students with similar interests.
One of the most significant events at WU Wien is the annual WU Ball, which takes place every January. The ball attracts thousands of students, alumni, and guests from around the world, making it one of the most prestigious events in Vienna’s social calendar.
Admission and tuition fees
Admission to WU Wien’s academic programs is competitive, with the university receiving thousands of applications from around the world each year. The admission requirements and application process vary depending on the program, so students should check the university’s website for specific information.
Tuition fees at WU Wien vary depending on the program and the student’s country of origin. In general, international students pay higher tuition fees than domestic students. However, the university offers several scholarships and financial aid options to help students cover the costs of their education.
Documents for International students
For international students, the list of required documents for admission to Vienna University of Economics and Business may include:
- Online application form: The first step in the admission process is to complete the online application form on the university’s website. This form requires basic personal information, academic records, and language proficiency scores.
- Passport: A valid passport is essential for international students to apply for admission to WU Wien. The passport must be valid for the duration of the student’s studies.
- Photographs: You may also have to provide passport-sized photographs as part of your application.
- Proof of fee payment: International students should pay a tuition fee of ₹62,820 per year. You must provide proof of payment of this fee as part of your application.
- Academic records: You will have to submit academic records from your previous institutions, including transcripts and diplomas. Additionally, these records must be translated into German or English if they are in another language.
- English Language Proficiency test scores: International students whose native language is not English may have to submit scores from an English language proficiency test, such as TOEFL or IELTS. However, the minimum required score may vary depending on the program and level of study.
- CV/Resume: Graduate and postgraduate students have to submit a CV or resume as part of their application package. This document should provide a summary of the student’s academic and professional experience.
Vienna University of Economics and Business is a top-ranking research institution known for its academic excellence, research opportunities, and dynamic campus life. The university offers a wide range of undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs in various disciplines, including business, economics, law, social sciences, and information technology.
In addition to its academic programs, WU Wien is also renowned for its research excellence, with several research centers and institutes working on cutting-edge projects in various fields.
WU Wien’s campus is located in Vienna’s second district, close to the city center, and accessible by several public transportation options. Additionally, the campus features modern facilities and provides several services to support students, including student housing, dining options, sports facilities, and a student counseling center.
- Vienna University of Economics and Business is the largest university focusing on business and economics in Europe and has a strong international reputation.
- WU offers a wide range of programs at the undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate levels, with a focus on research-oriented teaching and practical relevance.
- The university also has an excellent network of partner universities and corporate partners, providing opportunities for international experience and career prospects.
We hope you enjoyed reading this blog. In case of any queries, or assistance with your application, reach out to us or drop a comment below!
Liked this bog? Read next: All about the cost of living in Austria for students
Q1. What programs does the Vienna University of Economics and Business offer?
Answer- WU offers a wide range of programs, including business, economics, law, and social sciences. The university also offers doctoral programs and executive education programs for professionals.
Q2. How can I apply to the Vienna University of Economics and Business?
Answer- The application process for WU varies depending on the program and your nationality. However, as an international student, you can apply through the university’s online application system.
Q3. What are the language requirements for studying at the Vienna University of Economics and Business?
Answer- The language requirements vary depending on the program and your native language. For most programs, you may need to provide proof of English language proficiency through TOEFL or IELTS. Some programs may also require proficiency in German or another language.