Table of Contents
About Western Sydney University
Western Sydney University, formerly known as the University of Western Sydney, is a well-known public higher education institution in Greater Western Sydney, Australia. They formed the university through the merger of two former institutions, which resulted in the formation of the federated University network. More than 500 undergraduate, postgraduate, and research degrees are available at the University. Sociology, Sports, Communication and Media, Linguistics, and Nursing are among the courses offered.
Why study at Western Sydney University?
Here’s why you should pursue education at Western Sydney University-
- Western Sydney University is a world-class institution, recognized globally for its research and teaching innovations. The university has cutting-edge educational and technological facilities. Western Sydney University students are close to green spaces or quiet study areas.
- Students can benefit from the student environment both inside and outside of the classrooms by studying in Australia. Western Sydney University has the best business and engineering schools, and students can explore a developed country with a wild side. It includes beautiful beaches, great outback, and over 500 national parks.
- Based on the reviews on Studyportals, Western Sydney University received an overall rating of 4.1 stars.
- According to the well-known international university rankings, the university is among the top 1000 universities in the world.
- It offers unlimited opportunities to learn, travel, and work in over 400 destinations worldwide through its Global Mobility, internship, and work-placement programs.
- Nine out of ten employers praise their graduates, stating, they have solid foundational skills, are more adaptable, and have superior technical abilities.
- Every year, Western Sydney University awards $20 million in undergraduate scholarships, which includes a diverse range of university and donor-funded opportunities.
Western Sydney University ranking
Here is the ranking for the university as per QS World Ranking 2022
- 494th in Global World Rankings
- 93rd in Sociology
- 51-100 in Nursing
- 101-120 in Sports-Related Subjects
- 101-150 in Communication and Media Studies
- 301-500 for Graduate Employability Rate
Times Higher Education Impact Ranking 2022-
- 1st in the world for SDG 6- Clean Water and Sanitation
- 2nd in the world for SDG 12- Responsible Consumption and Production
- 3rd in the world for SDG 5- Gender Equality
- 4th in the world for SDG 10- Reducing Inequalities
- 5th in the world for SDG 17- Partnership for the Goals
- 9th in the world for SDG 14- Life Below Water
Courses at the University of Western Sydney
Undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs are available at the university in various lucrative fields such as law, medicine, social sciences, psychology, humanities, and business. With courses available on its official website, the institution facilitates online education. Western Sydney University is a close-knit community of diverse cultures and ethnicities, with approximately 48,500 students from more than 170 countries.
The university has 38,827 undergraduate students enrolled, with 7,123 students pursuing postgraduate degrees. Currently, the university employs approximately 1,675 academic and 1,712 administrative personnel. Each faculty member is highly knowledgeable and experienced in their respective fields, ensuring that students receive the best possible support.
Services at the university
- Western Sydney University students have access to over 70 million digital resources, 270 clubs, and 700,000 e-books. The university’s campus life organizes ‘Out & About trips’ for adventurous activities.
- The university’s Bankstown campus is in Milperra, about 5 kilometers from Bankstown. It offers social science specializations, and students study sociology, arts, linguistics, and education.
- Western Sydney University’s campus also houses the Bachelor of Policing degree and The MARCS Institute. There is also a cafeteria/eatery area on campus, including Oliver Brown.
- Following various protests regarding divesting property and resources from the site, the university opened The College on the Blacktown campus.
- The university’s Nirimba campus is on the site of HMAS Nirimba, known as the Nirimba Education Precinct, which is in Nirimba Fields.
- Western Sydney University’s Hawkesbury campus, also known as the Richmond campus, is on a 1,300-hectare site in the Hawkesbury Valley in north-western Sydney.
Choose from one of our modern, student-centered, and easily accessible campuses. Realize your limitless potential at Western Sydney University.
- Bankstown City
- Liverpool City
- Parramatta City
- Parramatta South
- Penrith (Kingswood)
- Sydney City
- Sydney Olympic Park
Western Sydney University offers students on-campus housing and suggestions for housing options in Australia. It offers a variety of accommodations on each campus, offering students affordable housing that provides a balanced living and learning environment. Room rates begin at 320 AUD per week.
Here’s how you can apply to the University of Western Sydney-
- Students can submit their applications online.
- The students must complete the application form.
- They must choose their preferred course.
- Submit all required documentation with the application.
Admission requirements differ depending on the department. All international students at Western Sydney University must submit the following documents-
- Transcripts of academic work
- Identification of individuals (for example, passport)
- Portfolio or mission statement
- Financial report
- ELP results
- Recommendation letters
Exam accepted by the university
English proficiency tests
|English proficiency test||Average score|
Participate in cutting-edge research that is changing lives in the communities we serve and around the world. The university ranks well above world standards (Excellence in Research for Australia ERA 2018) in the following areas-
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Cultural Studies
- Ecological Applications
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Evolutionary Biology
- Forestry Sciences
- Oncology and Carcinogenesis
- Pharmacology and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Plant Biology
- Soil Sciences
- Agricultural and Veterinary Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Western Sydney University, formerly known as the University of Western Sydney, is a public higher education institution in Greater Western Sydney, Australia.
- Throughout your studies, the university will mentor you and give you opportunities to network with industry leaders. They will tailor options to major in research.
- There are over 500 undergraduate, postgraduate, and research degrees available at the university.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your views and perspectives in the comments below. Please contact us by clicking here for more information on Western Sydney University. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Cambrian College | Rankings, programs, admission
Q1. Are scholarships available to international students?
Answer- The university offered a generous scholarship program to new international students starting in any 2022 intake. Each year, approximately 80% of the starting international 2022 cohort will receive multi-year scholarships worth $3k, $6k, and 50% of the tuition fee.
Q2. What does Western University offer a sports enthusiast?
Answer- You can participate in a wide variety of sports at Western. 1500 current students studying sports-related programs, several key relationships with Western Sydney teams, industry expertise, Elite Athlete support, and a reputation for sportsmanship at Unisport Nationals Events demonstrate the commitment to the sport.
Q3. What is the international tuition fee for a Bachelor of Business?
Answer- The Bachelor of Business tuition fee for international students in 2023 is $30,408.