Table of Contents
- Education in a structured yet powerful way
- Why study for graduation at the University of Potomac?
- Admissions at the University of Potomac
- Documents required
- What sets the graduate program apart from other universities?
- Financial aid
- Key takeaways
Education in a structured yet powerful way
Chicago’s University of Potomac is one of the smaller universities focused on learning and teaching with over 31 courses. The university boasts campuses in Chicago, Washington, and Virginia, and an online campus as well. With their online learning programs, students can optimize their time on education while working or logging in from anywhere in the country.
The university focuses on working individuals and with its online learning programs; the university caters to students who wish to study and work simultaneously. The programs offered are diverse, ranging from business to health policies to engineering to data science.
The university offers associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs. The doctoral program has received MSCHE recognition and is currently being offered to students from various streams. The university offers the doctoral program both online and offline at the student and faculty’s convenience. The university has a faculty that works alongside teaching with a 65% working professional faculty rate.
Why study for graduation at the University of Potomac?
The university believes in giving quality education to students with over 30 years of experience. They strive in providing affordable education to their students by setting private education at the fee of public education. It locks the tuition fee allowing students to have a comfortable education in a flexible set up of online and offline.
- They value each student and believe in providing individualized academic advising and support to students from day 1 to graduation day
- The university has programs in healthcare, engineering, public policy, business, and data science allowing students to choose from over 31 courses
- The university offers a course catalog at the very start, allowing students to choose the course they wish to opt for. The course catalog is a comprehensive guide to the certification courses and the various other courses offered.
- The university focuses on fostering an environment that is conducive to both personal and professional growth while also allowing students to thrive mentally and emotionally.
- The university focuses on creating technologically advanced classrooms in terms of accessibility allowing the students to challenge themselves in the fast-paced world.
- The Chicago campus is open from 2018, with state-of-the-art equipment, helping students to thrive.
- With a hybrid learning and teaching model, the university is accessible to working and studying individuals.
Admissions at the University of Potomac
The admission process at the University requires the students to share the result of the Duolingo English proficiency test for USD 49. Students who want to apply for the associate/ graduate/ postgraduate and doctorate program need to submit an essay or SOP. The university charges a non-refundable USD 100 for the application form.
Along with the completed application, the students have to submit the following documents
- GED certificate with the submitted application
- Grade transcripts from any of the recognized college equivalency examinations
- Certification if any, from the corporate education training or professional development programs
- Two letters of recommendation from direct supervisors or faculty members
- Letter of employment completion from ex-company along with a letter of recommendation
- Certification, if any, of military training documents.
The program accepts CLEP, DANTES, Advanced Placement, GED, and GRE/ GMAT scores. TOEFL and IELTS scores are accepted as well.
What sets the graduate program apart from other universities?
The university aims at providing education that will help students enrich their learning and set an example for working students and professionals. The business courses offered help students work in a competitive environment. The institution works with a hybrid and flexible approach allowing the students to complete their classes at their convenience.
The course allows both college students and working professionals and adults to study cohesively while striving for excellence. The faculty works to ensure that each student chooses a career path that works best for them. With a working professional faculty, students get live examples and hands-on experience both theoretically and practically in terms of interaction and scale of knowledge.
The university divides the graduate program into two
- The ‘Lower Division Support Courses’ allows students to qualify for all majors.
- The ‘Upper Division 18-Month Programs’ allows students to complete their bachelor in science degrees.
The graduate courses offered range from bachelor of science in accounting, business, cyber security, computer science, international business, early childhood development, geospatial information technology, government contract management, health information management, hospitality, and information technology.
Working Adult Learning Options
What sets the university apart is its approach to giving working adults a chance to complete their education. With courses at night and on weekends, the university allows students to learn at their convenience. The program revolves around ensuring matching the industry standards in both theory and practical education. Several courses work to keep the student’s field of study, keeping the general electives to a minimum, allowing the students to choose the electives of their choice and focus on those. This enables working adults to spend their time specializing in courses that will help them focus on their careers.
With options such as federal student aid, subsidized Stafford loans, unsubsidized student loans, federal parent loans for undergraduate students, and scholarships. The university has several affordable options like these to ensure that good education is not lost by students, college, and working.
- The university has several options for students to transfer from other universities as well as multiple international student learning opportunities.
- A simple transfer of credits to ease shifting to an affordable hybrid model of learning as per learners’ convenience with a generous credit transfer policy.
- Market-driven curriculum enables students to be industry ready with a small class size resulting in the faculty spending time with each learner, individually.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your thoughts in the comments below. Please contact us by clicking here for more information on the University of Potomac graduation programs. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Campion College Regina | Here’s an A-Z guide to studying in this university!
Q1: What is the University of Potomac known for?
Answer: The university strives to provide career enhancement opportunities for multicultural learners with accessible education.
Q2: What is the acceptance rate at the University of Potomac?
Answer: The university in its graduate program accepts 68 students per batch and has a 100% acceptance rate.
Q3: Does the university have diversity in its students?
Answer: The university believes in being diverse while being inclusive – with 76% of the graduates being over 25 years old and 74% being women.