Table of Contents
- About the Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania
- Why study at Bloomsburg University?
- The Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania rankings
- Programs at Bloomsburg University
- Bloomsburg University campus
- Residence facilities at the university
- Housing services
- Student life
- The Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania athletics
- Tuition and fees at Bloomsburg University
- Key takeaways
About the Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania
The university gives students the best-in-class practical and hands-on educational experience that will prepare them to succeed as global citizens. It connects with new opportunities and programs by leveraging employers, alumn, and cutting-edge research to ensure a high-quality educational experience.
They have various opportunities to foster relationships and build community with peers, mentors, faculty, and staff from all campuses. The university engages in meaningful partnerships and service in the communities surrounding the campuses. Let’s find out more about the Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania.
Why study at Bloomsburg University?
Here’s why studying at Bloomsburg will benefit you-
- You will feel supported by available resources, interactions with faculty and staff, and the meaningful connections you make on campus.
- They provide numerous opportunities for development, individualized attention, and academic and career advancement.
- Commonwealth University harnesses the power of Bloomsburg, Lock Haven, and Mansfield to provide a low-cost, high-quality education that emphasizes high-impact practices.
- 99% of the graduates are employed or enrolled in graduate school within one year of graduation.
- The university awards $9 million in institutional scholarships.
- Bloomsburg University has 76,000 alumni in all 50 states and spans the globe.
The Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania rankings
|Times Higher Education||2022||2021||2020||2019||2018||2017|
Programs at Bloomsburg University
The university ranked among the top northeast universities. It offers 57 bachelor’s degree programs, 68 minors, and 30 graduate programs. All these programs prepare students for personal and professional success through experiential learning opportunities that supplement classroom learning.
- There are two doctorate degrees available at the university. They are nursing practice and audiology.
- Undergraduate degrees are available in Accounting, Art History, Economics, Music, Health Physics, and other fields.
- Graduate courses are available in Biology, Accounting, Nursing, Reading, and Information Technology, among other subjects.
- The university has five colleges. College of Education and Human Studies, College of Health Professions, College of Arts, Social Sciences, and Humanities, College of Science and Technology, and the Zeigler College of Business are among the five colleges.
Bloomsburg University campus
The university’s campus is in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania, in the United States of America.
- Lower Campus and Upper Campus are the two campuses.
- It encompasses 366 acres and is situated on a hill overlooking Bloomsburg.
- On campus, there are over 250 student organizations and clubs.
- Students can participate in community service, the arts, business, and entertainment, among other things.
Residence facilities at the university
On campus, there are seven residence halls and three apartment complexes.
- It can house approximately 3,668 students.
- 42% of students live on campus.
- Lower Campus has seven residence halls, and Upper Campus has three apartments.
- The seven residence halls are David L. Soltz Hall, Northumberland Hall, Schuylkill Hall, Lycoming Hall, Montour Hall, Luzerne Hall, and Elwell Hall.
- There are several amenities available, such as high-speed internet, television, furnishings, and closets.
Being active in campus life allows you to adjust to college and live independently for the first time. It also helps you make good decisions and lay a solid foundation here and in life after graduation. First-year and transfer students can always find student housing on campus. It makes their college life easy-going.
- Dining services- Whether you’re looking for a quick bite on the go or a casual sit-down with friends, Bloomsburg has 14 friendly, comfortable, and fun campus locations serving various enticing cuisine daily.
- Living and learning communities- Students who share common academic interests, live together in a residence hall, participate in activities, and are enrolled in a cluster of related courses.
- University store- It provides a diverse range of reasonably priced products and services.
The 366-acre campus features seven residence halls, three apartment buildings, one all-suite-style high rise, 14 dining options, and numerous ways to feel at home.
Bloomsburg, located at the foot of campus, has an ever-expanding selection of dining, entertainment, lodging, and shopping options to suit every need and taste. The nearby Susquehanna River provides endless outdoor activities such as biking, hiking, and boating.
You’ll have countless opportunities to develop your leadership skills, flex your creativity, and grow professionally and personally with clubs and organizations ranging from community service to the arts and business.
The Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania athletics
The athletics at the university test both your body and your mind. They have plenty of opportunities for all levels of fitness and athletic ability. Whether participating in an intramural or club sport, testing yourself on the 50-foot rock wall, or getting in some cardio and weight training, the Student Recreation Center has it all.
The Rec Center is behind the Andruss Library. This facility offers gym memberships to students, faculty, staff, and alumn. Tuition automatically accounts for student memberships. The indoor track, multipurpose courts, cardio and fitness equipment, racquetball courts, climbing wall, locker rooms, personal trainers, and sports equipment are all included (basketballs, rackets, etc.). Step classes, yoga classes, aerobics, and Zumba are also at the Rec Center for free.
Tuition and fees at Bloomsburg University
Estimated annual expenses for 2022-2023
The figures in the table reflect full-time undergraduate enrollment of 12-18 credits per semester.
|Meals (19 meals/week)||$3,610||$3,610|
Books, course materials, equipment, transportation, and other educational fees are examples of additional costs. For in-state undergraduate students, these costs are roughly $4,660. Individual students’ expenses may be more or lower depending on their situations.
- The Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania is a public research university in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania, USA.
- One can find seven residence halls, three apartment buildings, one all-suite-style high rise, 14 dining options, and numerous ways to feel at home on the 366-acre campus.
- Within one year of graduation, 99% of graduates are employed or enrolled in graduate school.
- Institutional scholarships total $9 million at the university.
- Bloomsburg University has 76,000 alumni from all 50 states and worldwide.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your perspectives about the blog in the comments below. Please get in touch with us by clicking here for more information on the Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Sheffield University| rankings and acceptance rate
Q1. How much is the application fee for the Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania?
Answer- The application fee for Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania is $60.
Q2. Do international students need to submit their foreign student financial statements?
Answer- All international graduate students must submit an Affidavit of Financial Support and a Certified Bank Statement in English and converted to US Dollars proving they have at least 36,990 USD.
Q3. What will the student communities offer at Bloomsburg?
Answer- Bloomsburg’s communities provide diverse, convenient, safe, and supportive environments to live and learn. They also offer an unparalleled opportunity to get involved, stay active, and achieve personal growth. Studies show you may even perform better academically.