Table of Contents
About UC Berkeley
The University of California Berkeley, founded in 1868, is a public research university. It is the flagship institution of the University of California system’s ten research universities. Berkeley began with fewer than 40 students, but as California’s first full-time university, it quickly surpassed its illustrious forefathers. It had grown significantly by the early 1940s and ranked second to Harvard. Berkeley gained additional prestige during this decade due to its radiation laboratory, which played an essential role in the project to develop an atomic bomb. UC Berkeley has over 436 UG programs and 507 PG programs. Let’s find out about UC Berkeley’s computer science masters acceptance rate.
Key facts about UC Berkeley
These key facts will help you analyze the university in a better way-
- It is the number 1 public university worldwide by U.S. News & World Report.
- 23% of first-year students are first-generation college students.
- The student-to-faculty ratio at the university is 17.8 to 1.
- UC Berkeley has 71% of undergraduate classes with fewer than 30 students.
- The university has 21% of transfer students.
- It has 12 million book volumes in UC Berkeley libraries.
UC Berkeley’s popular programs
Berkeley’s academic enterprise has 14 schools and colleges. It offers over 350 degree programs. The University of California-Berkeley offers graduate programs in 103 schools and departments. The following are some of the university’s top programs-
- Master of Law (L.L.M)
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A), Computer Science
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A), Psychology
- Bachelor of Science (B.S), Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science (B.S), Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A)
- Master of Engineering (M.Eng), Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Engineering (M.Eng), Industrial Engineering and Operations Research
- Master of Science (M.S), Computer Science
- Master of Engineering (M.Eng), Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences
- Bachelor of Science (B.S), Industrial Engineering and Operations Research
What makes UC Berkeley appealing?
Students find these reasons apt to take admission to UC Berkeley-
- Best public university- UC Berkeley is famous as the world’s best public university. The university is well-known for its STEM courses.
- Climate- Without a doubt, California’s best feature is its weather. Students enjoy a pleasant atmosphere all year. Summers in Berkeley are long, comfortable, arid, and mostly clear, while winters are short, cold, damp, and partly cloudy.
- Natural attractions- Strawberry Creek runs through UC Berkeley’s campus. Other enchantments for nature enthusiasts include Founder’s Rock, Faculty Glade, Grinner Natural Area, and others.
- Safe for international students- California, also known as the Golden State of the United States, is a safe place for international students for quality education. UCB was named the safest college campus in the United States by the National Council for Home Safety and Security.
Admission rate at UC Berkeley
With an overall acceptance rate of 17.5%, admission to UC Berkeley is quite selective. International students make up 19% of the graduate class, with 3,539 chosen from 42,000 applicants. International students must have a minimum GPA of 2.4 to be admitted to UC Berkeley. However, the average GPA of admitted students is 3.8 (93-96%) on a 4.0 scale.
Every year, UC Berkeley plans for the following year’s enrollment target based on a variety of factors, which may include the previous year’s final enrollment numbers. As a result of that enrollment planning effort and the increase in first-year applications, the percentage of applicants offered admission fell from around 14% in fall 2021 to 11% in fall 2022.
There were approximately 16,400 freshman offers for fall 2021 and 14,600 offers for fall 2022. The freshman admitted class for fall 2022 hails from 53 of California’s 58 counties, 55 U.S. states and territories, and 88 countries.
Computer Science degree
Computer science degrees are becoming more popular as the world becomes more reliant on technology. A computer science degree can lead to jobs in various fields, including software engineering, web development, and database management.
Given the expected increase in demand for qualified computer science professionals in the coming years, now is an excellent time to pursue a computer science degree.
Degrees in computer science emphasize information theory and computation theory. Computation, in computing jargon, refers to any calculation or application of computing technology that employs well-defined models (such as algorithms and protocols).
Uc Berkeley computer science acceptance rate
The computer science program at UC Berkeley has a 20% acceptance rate. It means that only 20 out of every 100 candidates will be accepted. Applicants must have excellent grades and exam scores for acceptance into this highly competitive program.
Berkeley ranks first in the world for computer science. The computer science program at the university has a 6% admittance rate, making it one of the most selective in the country. You can improve your chances of acceptance by beginning the application process as soon as possible.
Students must have a minimum 3.0 GPA in CS 61A, CS 61B, and a discrete mathematics course. UC Berkeley has a rigorous application and selection process for all programs. You must have an A-G grade point average of 2.0, whether you are a California resident or not. All A to C courses require at least a grade C.
Admission to any other California university is more likely than the University of California Berkeley. UC Berkeley admitted 303 students from a pool of 2788 candidates, representing an acceptance percentage of 17.5%.
- The University of California, Berkeley, also known as UC Berkeley, is a public research university in California. The UC Berkeley campus, founded in 1868, is the oldest of the ten UC campuses.
- Computer Science is at the forefront of career opportunities. You will have plenty of options in software engineering, web development, and database management.
- UC Berkeley ranks first worldwide for computer science. The computer science program at the university has a 20% acceptance rate.
- For admission to Computer Science at UC Berkeley, you must have a minimum 3.0 GPA in CS 61A, CS 61B, and a discrete mathematics course.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your perspectives and views in the comments below. Please contact us by clicking here for more information on UC Berkeley’s computer science master acceptance rate. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Indiana University ranking 2022-2023
Q1. What does Berkeley look for in essays?
Answer- The admissions committee is looking for responses demonstrating how well-rounded, creative, passionate, and personable candidates are. Candidates must submit four short essays of each 350 words or less.
Q2. Are International students required to submit a financial certificate or affidavits when applying for admission?
Answer- Application for admission does not require financial certification. Once an international student accepts UC Berkeley’s offer of admission, the Berkeley International Office will work with the student to obtain all financial specifications and other documents needed for the student visa.
Q3. How much is the application fee?
Answer- The application fee for U.S. citizens and current permanent residents who use the Graduate Division’s online application for admission is $135. All other applicants must pay a $155 application fee.