Table of Contents
- About Harrisburg University
- Why study at Harrisburg University?
- Bachelor’s Degree Courses at the Harrisburg university
- Computer and Information Science
- Management, Entrepreneurship, and Business Administration
- Engineering and Mathematical Sciences
- Environmental Science and Sustainability
- Other Bachelor’s Degree programs include-
- Key takeaways
About Harrisburg University
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is a private research institution in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Established in 2001, it provides STEM-focused diploma and degree programs. The university received the Middle States Commission on Higher Education accreditation. It has over 7000 students, including over 3,754 international students. Harrisburg University of Science and Technology offers 28 bachelor’s and master’s degrees and graduate and certificate programs. Keep reading to learn more about Harrisburg University courses and why you should study there.
Why study at Harrisburg University?
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is a prestigious university renowned for its students’ experiences, learning, exploration, and adventurous culture. It offers numerous facilities for student participation.
- Harrisburg University of Science and Technology scholarships include the HU Hope Scholarship, the HU Distinction Scholarship, and the HU Promise Scholarship, among others. It aims to assist students in obtaining tuition fee relaxation and other fees waived based on satisfactory academic performance on campus.
- Harrisburg is a highly ranked institution and one of the few universities offering online courses. Students can register in any of the institution’s high-stream online degree programs.
- Hundreds of additional students attend the institution annually for training, certificate programs, and professional and continuing education.
- Every undergraduate major necessitates an internship, which provides students with valuable real-world experience. It combines corporate and industry expertise with hands-on projects that prepare students for success in today’s workplace.
Bachelor’s Degree Courses at the Harrisburg university
The course focuses on manipulating living organisms, their products, and their processes to advance knowledge, enhance the quality of life, and develop new tools and applications.
Biotechnology has uses in various industries, including pharmaceuticals, chemicals, agriculture, food development, and manufacturing, to mention a few.
- Demonstrate a wide range of fundamental laboratory skills and technical competencies relevant to biotechnology and the workplace.
- Develop a comprehensive grasp of fundamental concepts, mechanisms, and principles applicable to applied biotechnology, molecular and microbial biotechnology, food biotechnology, and nanotechnology.
- Showcase scientific reasoning and critical thinking abilities, such as evaluating and integrating numerous sources of information, identifying problems, evaluating data, and drawing conclusions.
Computer and Information Science
At Harrisburg University, technology is more than just computer displays and keyboards. It’s a hands-on exploration of the sophisticated information systems and peripherals that power the world and influence the future.
Majoring in Computer and Information Sciences allows students to acquire fundamental knowledge of information sciences to combine business and real-world views. It also provides interpersonal and team skills and the competencies required for a job in computer and information sciences.
In October 2019, the ABET CAC Accreditation Commission approved the Computer and Information Science program.
- Develop and implement practical answers for real-world issues using theoretical constructs of mathematical analysis and sound reasoning.
- Determine whether the computing system requirements are adequate for creating efficient computational solutions for real-world issues.
- In an ever-changing field, assimilate new methodologies and advances in computer technology.
Management, Entrepreneurship, and Business Administration
The Bachelor of Science program prepares students for a successful career in today’s job market by teaching them how to identify opportunities and add value in new and established organizations.
The program combines three subjects to prepare students for leadership, management, and entrepreneurship positions in the public and private sectors.
- Recognize business opportunities as competitive advantages.
- Carry out goal-oriented business operations utilizing innovation, human capital, and emerging technology.
- Promote teamwork to improve organizational performance.
- Apply ethical, legal, and social factors in multi-dimensional business settings.
Engineering and Mathematical Sciences
The program combines principles of science, applied advanced mathematics, statistics, and computational science with a solid core of courses central to the general engineering and data analysis. Students in this program will develop strong problem-solving and computation skills through project-based learning within a flexible program tailored to the individual student’s future goals.
- Develop expertise in problem-formation, problem-solving, and modeling techniques and strategies that are important in various applications.
- Develop the ability to communicate analytic arguments in both oral and written formats clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrate numerical problem-solving skills using high-level programming languages and commercial computational software packages.
Environmental Science and Sustainability
The program includes an interdisciplinary set of classes that will prepare students for fieldwork, analysis, communication, and management careers.
Environmental Science and Sustainability program introduces the students to-
- Field methods (mapping, sampling, logging)
- Analysis (biological, chemical, lab methods, and more)
- Service-based learning techniques (through collaborative class projects and collaboration with local businesses/institutions)
The program uses presentations, professional meetings, grant writing, and publication for better understanding.
- Develop solutions to promote worldwide awareness and ethical policy decisions.
- Communicate research-based knowledge to non-scientists as well as professionals.
- Manage information from various sources.
- Participate in community-based learning with students, and evaluate scientific books regarding methods, data analysis, and conclusions.
Other Bachelor’s Degree programs include-
- Cyber Security Operations and Management (Online)
- Esports Management, Production and Performance
- Exercise Science Physical Therapist Assistant Pathway
- Geospatial Technology
- Information Systems and Informational Technology
- Information Systems and Informational Technology (Online)
- Integrative Sciences
- Nursing RN to BSN (Online)
- The university has one of the most diverse student bodies among private schools, with nearly 7,000 students from 110 countries.
- Downtown Harrisburg is Pennsylvania’s thriving capital, with numerous chances for careers, internships, housing, and entertainment.
- Harrisburg University of Science and Technology received accreditations from the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
- Computer and Information Science, Engineering and Mathematical Sciences, Environmental Science and Sustainability are among the Bachelor’s Degree courses at the Harrisburg university.
- The university also provides online courses.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your views and opinions in the comments below. Please contact us by clicking here for more details on Harrisburg University courses. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: The University of Strathclyde fees | A comprehensive guide for students
Q1. What is Harrisburg University’s deadline for admission?
Answer- International applicants must send their documents at least four months prior to the start of the semester for which they are applying. Applicants should call the particular graduate program to determine application deadlines.
Q2. What is Harrisburg University’s IELTS requirement?
Answer- Students must have an IELTS score of 6.0. They can also give other exams like TOEFL and Duolingo.
Q3. What is the Harrisburg University of Science and Technology’s ranking?
Answer- According to the US News 2022-2023, Harrisburg University of Science and Technology ranks 133-175 in the Regional Universities North ranking.