Table of Contents
Educating and innovating worldwide
The Ohio State University (OSU) is a public land-grant research university in Columbus, Ohio, United States. Founded in 1870, Ohio State University is also a member of the University System of Ohio, and major institutional rankings place it among the top research universities in the United States. It is one of the largest universities in the country. It also serves as a home for a diverse group of the world’s best and brightest students. Students at Ohio State University can tailor their academic journey and areas of interest, with 200-plus undergraduate majors, 278 graduate and professional programs, and 500-plus specializations. The university has 94 doctoral programs and 97 master’s programs, with new ones added every year. With so much available at one university, there are numerous opportunities for research, in-depth study, and professional development. Keep reading to learn about Ohio State University international students’ fees.
Why study at Ohio State University?
The university allows you to participate in all aspects of college life and offers several facilities. Here are just a few of the many compelling reasons to attend Ohio State University-
- Ohio State consistently shows that it is superior to Michigan. In football, they have defeated Michigan for the past five years.
- Ohio State is all about the classroom. It has many prestigious colleges, such as Fisher College of Business, Engineering, and Medicine.
- The quality of education here is astounding for the low cost of tuition.
- The Ohio State Rec Center has several levels, pools, and indoor and outdoor sports courts. You can also visit the gym for your daily session. They also serve tasty smoothies and acai bowls after workouts or in between classes.
- At Ohio State, you will find over 1,300 clubs, fraternities, and sororities. By participating in various activities, you can find your niche in these clubs.
- Scholarships are available to deserving students, with an emphasis on academic achievement and extracurricular activities.
- Ohio State University has special scholarships, departmental scholarships, the Second-Year Transformational Experience Program, the Global Education Scholarship, and several other opportunities.
Admissions at Ohio State University
When international students fill out the application form, the Ohio State University administration charges them a non-refundable application fee of USD 60. Here’s how you can apply to the university-
- Visit Ohio State University’s official website.
- Fill out the application form. Post-baccalaureate professional programs use an application service.
- Examine the ‘current status’ of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that your Ohio State application is fully complete.
- Please submit any outstanding documentation.
- If you need financial assistance, apply for it.
- Make sure to complete OSU’s application form before the deadline.
- Online application
- English proficiency tests
- Valid visa
- Passport-size photographs
- Statement of purpose
- Baccalaureate diploma (high school) or equivalent
- The academic record of the Baccalaureate or equivalent, including all grades
- Letter of recommendation
The following are the minimum eligibility requirements for Ohio State University-
|Minimum score (undergraduate)
|Minimum score (graduates)
|6 with no less than 5.5 in any band
|6 with no less than 5.5 in any band
Student life at Ohio
Ohio State University is a diverse and active academic community. You’ll find a variety of resources to help you connect, support, and make the most of your Ohio State experience.
- The visual and performing arts are important at The Ohio State University. Visit Arts and Culture to learn about the great art galleries, museums, and year-round performing arts events on campus and downtown.
- Ohio State University is a sprawling and diverse city. Their diverse experiences and perspectives add significantly to the university’s strength.
- Ohio State University, with over 1,400 student organizations, offers numerous opportunities for educators to get involved, become figures worth supporting, build organizations worth joining, and leave a lasting legacy.
Campus housing is available for students who wish to stay on university grounds. It is up to students whether they live on campus or with other residents.
- Living on campus has numerous advantages and improves students’ academic performance at Ohio State.
- The majority of first-year students live on campus. Unless exempted or living with family, there is no accommodation available.
- You can expect the university to mail the on-campus housing assignments to your OSU email address in mid to late July.
- Approximately 96% of students live on campus. Off-campus housing is available, but only during your senior year.
Ohio state University International student fees
|Tuition (includes instructionaland general fees)
|Food and housing
|Books and supplies
International students, as well as their dependents, need to purchase Ohio State student health insurance. Students who have full sponsorship by their government or dependents of US employees may be eligible for exemption.
|Expenses for dependents
|Student and spouse or child
|Student and two or more children
|Spouse and family
- Ohio State University is one of the best public universities in Columbus, Ohio. In the QS World University Rankings 2023, it ranks 140th worldwide.
- Scholarships for deserving Ohio State University students are available, with an emphasis on academic achievement and extracurricular activities.
- Tuition at Ohio State University includes instructional and general fees. The tuition fees for the academic year 2022-2023 are $39,650.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your thoughts in the comments below. Please contact us by clicking here for more information on Ohio State University international students’ fees. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Your A-Z guide to the PSL Research University
Q1. What GPA do you need to go to Ohio State?
Answer- Admission to Ohio State University’s Columbus campus is usually competitive for applicants with a cumulative 2.5 or higher from all colleges and universities. The admissions decision takes into account grade trends and performance in courses relevant to the major you choose.
Q2. What is Ohio State University’s acceptance rate?
Answer- Ohio State University’s acceptance rate is 57.2. You can easily get admission with the necessary documentation and scores.
Q3. Is Ohio a good place to live?
Answer- Ohio is a wonderful place to live. It provides residents with a variety of attractions and activities to enjoy. The Buckeye State has something for everyone, from the ‘Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’ to the numerous outdoor activities.