Table of Contents
Babson College | One of the first institutes to teach entrepreneurship
Babson College, one of the world’s first institutions to teach entrepreneurship, recognized that entrepreneurial leaders are not born but rather created. It provides undergraduates, graduates, and executives with the entrepreneurial leadership skills required to create economic and social value in organizations of all sizes.
Babson’s globally acclaimed entrepreneurial methodology teaches leaders how to balance action, experimentation, and creativity with a thorough understanding of business fundamentals and rigorous analysis as the best way to create economic and social value.
Babson college | A brief overview
Babson is the inventor of entrepreneurship education and a global convener of entrepreneurial leaders. It has been the global leader in entrepreneurship for more than a century.
Here, the curriculum emphasizes practical experience over lectures. It equips Babson leaders to address some of the world’s most pressing issues, ranging from poverty and hunger to climate action and equality.
Since Roger Babson founded the college in 1919, the college has understood that entrepreneurial leadership is both a skill set and a mindset students can achieve through better teaching techniques.
Babson College’s main campus is in Wellesley City’s Babson Park. The 370-acre campus includes all the necessary facilities and services to ensure students receive excellent learning and support. There are numerous dining halls, fields, theatre halls, and residence halls on campus. Babson University also offers over 100 student clubs. At the NCAA Division III level, the college offers 22 varsity programs and many club sports for full-time undergraduate students.
Wellesley main campus
Babson College’s main residential campus covers 350 acres (1.4 km2) and is located in Wellesley, Massachusetts, just fifteen miles west of Boston. It is near the Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering. Undergraduate and graduate students can enjoy campus amenities such as the student center, cafeteria, Horn Library, the Webster fitness center, the Weissman Foundry the arts center, and a new centennial park known as Kerry Murphy Healey Park, which houses the world’s second-largest rotating globe at 28 feet in diameter. Executive and Enterprise Education visitors can stay in guest rooms adjacent to the meeting center.
Babson Boston, located at 100 High Street, gives Babson a presence in downtown Boston and connects the college’s resources with the innovative companies, organizations, and leaders in Boston’s Financial District. Opened in 2016, this facility offers MBA courses in a convenient location. Throughout the academic year, students at the Boston location can interact with Babson offices and resources, such as graduate programs, the Graduate Center for Career Development, Graduate Admissions, and the college’s alumni network.
Babson San Francisco
It has a campus in San Francisco that offers a Blended Learning MBA program, an undergraduate semester experience, and customized executive education.
In July 2017, President Kerry Healey announced Babson’s plans to expand to Miami, Florida, where three graduate programs are offered- the Blended Learning MBA, Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA), and Certificate in Advanced Management (CAM). Babson’s new Miami hub is at 1200 Brickell Avenue.
You can choose from 24 concentrations similar to majors but with a better curriculum and training. The college offers excellent learning facilities and a welcoming teaching faculty.
Study concentrations available at Babson are
- Business Analytics
- Computational & Mathematical Finance
- Environmental Sustainability
- Global & Regional Studies
- Historical & Political Studies
- Identity & Diversity
- International Business Environment
- Justice, Citizenship, & Social Responsibility
- Legal Studies
- Literary & Visual Arts
- Managerial Financial Planning & Analytics
- Operations Management
- Quantitative Methods
- Real Estate
- Retail Supply Chain Management
- Social & Cultural Studies
- Strategy & Consulting
- Technology Entrepreneurship
- 1 for Entrepreneurship (MBA) for 29 consecutive years – U.S. News & World Report
- 1 for Entrepreneurship (Undergraduate School) for 26 consecutive times – U.S. News & World Report
- 1 for Entrepreneurship (Northeast Graduate and Undergraduate Programs) – Entrepreneur magazine / The Princeton Review / 2023
- 1 for Business Majors (Undergraduate School) – Money magazine / 2022
- 1 Business School for Salary Potential (Undergraduate School) – PayScale / 2015–2021
- 1 Private Business School for ROI (Undergraduate School) – PayScale / 2014–2020
Notable alumni of Babson are
- Late Edward Bronfman (Canadian businessman and philanthropist)
- William R. Chapin (President of the Automotive Hall of Fame)
- Will Langhorne (Former race car driver sponsored by Porsche)
- Andronico Luksic (Chairman of Quiñenco as well as Hamilton Brothers Petroleum Corporation)
- Craig Benson (Chairman and CEO of Cabletron)
- Marie Cavallier (Princess Marie of Denmark)
- Patricia E. McQuistion (Lieutenant General US Army)
- Babson College is one of the world’s first institutions to teach entrepreneur skills. It provides the business leadership skills needed to add economic and social value to organizations.
- Babson College’s main campus is in Wellesley City’s Babson Park, which includes all the necessary facilities and services to ensure students receive excellent learning and support. It also has campuses in Boston, San Francisco, and Miami.
- Babson provides 24 concentrations similar to majors. Babson offers an experience with a new curriculum that integrates multiple disciplines with experimentation, creativity, and sustainability.
Did you find this blog informative? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments section below. Click here to contact us for more information on Babson College. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: University of Saskatchewan | Rankings, programs, and more!
Q1. What GPA do you need for admission to Babson College?
Ans- Babson College expects you to be near the top of your class and above average, with a GPA of 3.86. You’ll need mostly A’s, ideally with a few AP or IB classes, to demonstrate your college-level preparation.
Q2. What is the acceptance rate of Babson College?
Ans- Babson College has an acceptance rate of 27%.
Q3. What is the fee for an MBA course at Babson?
Ans- The estimated MBA program tuition at Babson is $89,550