Table of Contents
Driven by passion and purpose
Aston University is a vibrant, welcoming, culturally rich campus-based university located in the heart of Birmingham, the UK’s second-largest city. It was founded in 1895 and received its Royal Charter as a university from Queen Elizabeth II in 1966. Aston University has over 11,000 undergraduates and 2,000 postgraduate students from over 120 countries. Aston has a consistently high ranking in international league tables. Let’s find out more about the university.
Why study at Aston University?
Here’s why you should study at Aston University-
- The campus is in an excellent location.
- The degrees conferred are of high caliber.
- Aston University is one of the world’s best universities, thanks to its award-winning teaching, world-class facilities, and remarkable student experience.
- Their emphasis on career development and work placements distinguishes them from other universities.
- According to the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021, 79% of Aston University research has a rating as ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent.’
- Furthermore, 74% of the university’s research impact has been rated ‘very significant’ or ‘outstanding’ in reach and significance.
- They provide a variety of scholarships to ensure that anyone qualified to attend Aston University, regardless of financial circumstances, can do so.
Aston University ranking
Here is the ranking for Aston University-
- Ranks 45th in the Times University Guide 2023
- Ranks 22nd in the Guardian University Guide 2023
- Ranks top 30 in the UK for ‘Graduate Prospects,’ Times Complete University Guide 2022
- Ranks 26th in QS Online MBA World Rankings 2021
- Ranks 30th in The Guardian University Guide 2021
- Receives 90% international student satisfaction (National Student Survey 2019)
- Received an 82% employability rating from the Times or Sunday Times University Guide 2018
Subject ranking highlights include-
- Ranks 85th in Business & Economics (Times Higher Education 2018)
- Aston Business graduates earn £7,738 within five years of graduation (The Economist)
Engineering and Applied Science, Life and Health Sciences, Languages and Social Sciences are among the university’s five schools. The Aston Medical School and the Aston Business School are also included.
Aston University offers 282 courses, including 109 undergraduate courses, 97 graduate courses, and several Diploma and Ph.D. programs. Aston University’s most popular programs include-
- Business Analytics (MSc)
- Accounting and Finance (MSc)
- Research in the Social Sciences (Management) MSc
- Data Analytics MSc
- Biochemistry BSc
- Business and International Relations BSc
- Biomedical Science BSc
- English Literature and Sociology BSc
The subject areas at Aston University are as follows-
- Computer Science
- Engineering and Applied Science
- Life Sciences
- Medicine and Health Sciences
- Politics and International Relations
- Sociology and Policy
Here’s how to apply at Aston University-
- Fill out the application form
- Upload the transcript
- Pay the application fee to Aston University
- Send in your application form
Submit the following documents-
- All academic documents must have official transcripts.
- An individual statement
- Score on the English proficiency test
- The guardian’s financial statement
- Passport copy
- Health insurance
- GMAT or GRE score to increase admission chances (for MBA application)
Exams accepted at the university
|IELTS||6.0 and above|
|TOEFL||80 and above|
|PTE||67 and above|
Some of the services offered at the university-
- The library’s hours of operation vary throughout the year to accommodate the needs of students.
- The Aston University library offers individualized learning and research support and provides students with digital and print resources.
- The closest general practitioner’s surgery to campus is the Halcyon Medical Center. The center is available seven days a week and is located approximately half a mile from campus at 24 Martineau Place, Birmingham City Center.
Aston University guarantees university campus housing for students in their first year of study if they accept their offer and book housing by the website deadline. Aston University’s campus is located in the heart of Birmingham and has 3,000 en-suite rooms. They are all within five minutes of the leading university buildings and the heart of Birmingham.
Apartments are self-contained and can accommodate between 5 and 7 students. Laundries, satellite television lounges, a 24-hour library, and numerous cafes, pubs, and restaurants are available on campus. Residence tutors and wardens are on hand to assist students.
Here’s what student life looks like-
- On the Aston University campus, the Sir Doug Ellis Woodcock Sports Center houses Birmingham’s oldest and most beautiful operational swimming pool, a fully functional gym, and multiple studios.
- Participating in clubs and societies at Aston is the best way to make the most of your time here. Students can join various clubs, the largest of which is the Men’s Football Club.
- Aston has meal plans for on-campus students. Nourish at Aston University is an innovative approach to campus dining.
- Aston is the UK’s ninth most sustainable university.
The alums at Aston University are as follows-
- Keith Bradley, Baron Bradley- Labour politician and life peer
- Robert Walter- Conservative MP
- Simon D’Ujanga- State Minister for Energy, Uganda
- Anthony Cheung- Secretary for Transport and Housing, Hong Kong
- Phil Popham- Global Operations Director, Jaguar Land Rover
- Angela Beesley Starling- Co-founder of Wikia
- Mark Wright- Executive Director, Jaguar Land Rover
- Ravi Kant- Vice Chairman of TATA Motors India
- Laura Jones- BBC Journalist
- Ivan Noble- BBC Journalist
- Kate Walsh- Television Presenter
- The institute is instrumental to introducing scientific and technical education to students and becoming the leading university in the United Kingdom for research and business.
- Foundation programs, undergraduate degrees, degree apprenticeships, postgraduate courses, professional courses, research degrees, and online courses are all available at Aston University.
- Over 120 countries are represented in the university’s diverse and friendly international community.
- First-year students are guaranteed Aston University accommodation throughout the program.
Did you find this blog helpful? Please share your views and perspectives in the comments below. Please contact us for more information on Aston University by clicking here. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Anglia Ruskin University | Rankings, programs, and admission
Q1. What is Aston University’s acceptance rate?
Answer- With all of its national and international applicants, Aston gives students a fair chance of getting into their dream college with an acceptance rate of 82.5%. When admitting students to its Business School, the university prefers students with relevant work experience and a high GMAT/GRE score.
Q2. How much does accommodation at Aston University?
Answer- Aston University’s accommodation can cost up to GBP 6678.
Q3. How long does it take for an application to be reviewed?
Answer- Aston University typically reviews applications within 24 to 48 hours.