Table of Contents
- About Ringling College of Art and Design
- Why study at Ringling College of Art and Design?
- Ringling College of Art and Design rankings
- Undergraduate degrees
- Student life
- Key takeaways
About Ringling College of Art and Design
Ringling College of Art and Design is a four-year private accredited college in Sarasota, Florida. Over 140 faculty members of the college are all professional artists, designers, and scholars who work on their projects outside the classroom.
The rigorous curriculum at the college engages innovation and tradition through a strong, well-rounded first-year program tailored to the major of study, with a strong emphasis on the liberal arts. Its teaching model encourages students to become globally aware scholar-practitioners who are well-prepared to enter and succeed in the job market. Let’s find out more about the college and what it offers the students.
Why study at Ringling College of Art and Design?
You’ll find a home in a community of creators, storytellers, inventors, second guessers, critical thinkers, and problem solvers.
- The college has 1705 degree-seeking students.
- The student-to-faculty ratio at the college is 11:1.
- Ringling College has 125 full-time and 59 part-time faculty members.
- The college has 100+ recruiters per year.
- The annual operating budget is $96.9 million, 67.5% from tuition & fees.
- The university has 22% of international students.
- Ringling College trains students to display effective visual communication, speaking, writing, listening, reading, and computer literacy skills.
- It has the world’s first virtual reality BFA program.
Ringling College of Art and Design rankings
Ringling College has an outstanding reputation as a preeminent art and design college. It ranks among the top art and design colleges in the world.
- Ranks 1st as the 3D Animation School in the World by The Rookies.
- Ranks among the top 20 American Flim Schools by The Wrap.
- It ranks 2nd in the world for Motion Graphics by The Rookies.
- Ranks 3rd among the Illustration Schools in the US by Animation Career Review.
- It ranks as the top Design School by Graphic Design USA.
- The college ranks 3rd in the world for Game Design and Development by The Rookies.
Explore the thirteen creative disciplines- eleven BFA programs and two BA programs, to find your place on a campus that helps foster your creativity. Choosing a major at an art college is a significant decision. The college can assist you in determining which major is best for you. A dedicated admissions counselor can assist you in determining which degree program best suits your interests and professional objectives.
- Business of Art and Design (BA)
- Computer Animation (BFA)
- Creative Writing (BFA)
- Entertainment Design (BFA)
- Film (BFA)
- Fine Arts (BFA)
- Game Art (BFA)
- Graphic Design (BFA)
- Illustration (BFA)
- Motion Design (BFA)
- Photography and Imaging (BFA)
- Virtual Reality Development (BFA)
- Visual Studies (BA)
- Art History
- Business of Art and Design
- Creative Writing
- Film Studies
- Fine Arts
- Gender and Sexuality Studies
- Graphic Design
- Photography and Imaging
- Realistic Painting
- Visual Development
The Ringling College of Art and Design has a campus for creative students across the globe. Here are some facilities offered by the college.
To help students become future creative enthusiasts, the college provides them with cutting-edge technology that mirrors that of the professional industries.
Who said libraries had to be silent? The Alfred R. Goldstein Library provides a space for students to spark creative collaboration and conversation.
New residence halls
They design residence halls for 21st-century students, catering to the ways students like to live, create, communicate, and learn.
Ringling College provides students with various housing options, including new residence halls, multiple apartment complexes, and over 30 near-campus houses. More than 70% of students prefer to live on campus, so the college works hard to make the campus housing convenient, safe, and comfortable. Furnished living quarters, three meal plan options, on-call staff, proximity to campus services, classrooms, studios, all utilities, and 24-hour security are among the amenities available. Access to each floor of residence halls is restricted to residents only for added security.
First-year students live in Goldstein and Greensboro Halls, which are conveniently located on campus and close to your facilities.
The Goldstein Hall
Goldstein is a cutting-edge facility designed for collaboration. The ground floor houses The Blue Room, a student lounge, the mailroom, Residence Life offices, and a multipurpose space for student events. Goldstein rooms are double suites connected to another suite by a bathroom. They are typically 11×16 feet in size, with project rooms on each floor for large-scale projects.
It welcomed new students in the Fall 2020 semester. Greensboro Hall rooms are suites, with two double rooms (2 students each) sharing a common room.
The bathroom, refrigerator, and microwave are in the common room. Each floor of Greensboro Hall has four-person suites with private bedrooms. The four students in single rooms, like the suite doubles, share a common area, bathroom, refrigerator, and microwave. This building has a community kitchen in addition to lounges on each floor.
- Ringling College of Art and Design is Florida’s only institution dedicated solely to art and design education. It provides over 13 degree programs.
- The college prepares students to be effective communicators through visual communication, speaking, writing, listening, reading, and computer literacy.
- It has the first virtual reality BFA program in the world.
- Student life at the college includes innovative technology, a world-class library, fully equipped residence halls, and more.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your thoughts in the comments below. Please contact us by clicking here for more information on Ringling College of Art and Design. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Study at La Trobe University | Courses | Ranking
Q1. What GPA do you need to get into Ringling?
Answer- Admission requires a minimum 2.0 combined academic grade point average from all previously attended institutions. You must also be in good academic standing at your previous institution (not on academic probation or dismissal).
Q2. What is the application fee for Ringling College of Art and Design?
Answer- You must pay a non-refundable application fee of $70 for admission to Ringling College of Art and Design.
Q3. What are the scholarship requirements for Ringling College?
Answer- Full-time students (12+ credits) must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5. Ringling Foundation Need-based Grant Requirements need full-time students to maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0. They will review the GPA annually at the end of the spring semester. If students do not meet the GPA requirement, they will revoke the scholarship.