Table of Contents
About Middlebury College
Established as a liberal arts college, it is in the Middlebury, Vermont area. Founded in 1800 by Congregationalists, it was Vermont’s first college or university. The college enrolls 2,800 undergraduates from 50 states and 74 countries. It provides 45 majors in the arts, liberal arts, literature, foreign languages, social sciences, and natural sciences. The college also has engineering programs in collaboration with Columbia University, Dartmouth College, and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
Middlebury College also offers a variety of special programs, including exchange programs, combined degree programs, and the Washington semester program. The maritime studies programs at Williams College and premedical, predental, and veterinary programs are among the programs offered. Keep reading to learn more about the college.
Why study at Middlebury College?
Middlebury College ranks among the best universities for international and domestic students for various reasons.
- The college is renowned for its contributions to language instruction and global studies.
- Middlebury C.V. Starr Schools Abroad has campuses in 16 countries and 36 cities worldwide.
- There are over 850 courses available in 45 majors, as well as STEM and preprofessional programs.
- Most classes are small, with an average class size of 16 students.
- Faculty members teach all courses (rather than graduate assistants).
- Middlebury College is nationally known for programs in environmental studies and international studies
- Middlebury College’s science facilities are of the highest caliber.
- First-year seminars include discussion-oriented courses with an intensive writing component to help students transition to college work. The seminar teachers also serve as advisors to first-year students.
How can you apply to Middlebury College?
- Visit Middlebury College’s official website.
- Select a curriculum and level of study. Review all eligibility requirements for that course.
- Fill out the form with all the necessary information.
- Submit all required application documents.
- If you require financial assistance, fill out and sign all necessary paperwork.
- Make sure to complete the application form before the deadline.
- After completing the application form, international students must pay a non-refundable application fee of 65 USD.
- Official education transcripts
- Work portfolio or resume
- Letters of recommendation
- English proficiency language score
- Passport copy
- Valid visa
- Statement of purpose
- Proof of financial stability
Exams accepted by the college
Take a look at the most recent Middlebury College admissions requirements-
|Exam||Minimum score (undergraduate)||Maximum score (graduate)|
Services offered at the college
- The Middlebury College campus is near a village in Middlebury, Vermont, in the Champagne Valley.
- The college also includes the Bread Loaf Mountain Campus, 12 miles east of Middlebury. The Middlebury College campus is beautiful, with a serene and calm atmosphere.
- On-campus housing is available, as are excellent academic, artistic, and athletic facilities.
- Middlebury students have access to the Center of Arts, Museum of Arts, McCardell Bicentennial Hall, Davis Family Library, and Axinn Center for Literary & Cultural Studies. The Middlebury College Snow Bowl is 14 miles from the main Middlebury College campus.
- It provides superior conveniences, computer systems, and fast internet connectivity, among other things, for quality education.
- Over 200 student clubs and organizations are in charge of various student support events. The visual arts, food, spirituality, debate, and sports are the main attractions at Middlebury College.
Middlebury College is a visually distinct, energetic, and welcoming community marked by solid friendships, stimulating coursework, energizing connections with faculty and staff, and rich experiences outside the classroom.
- Students at this school can explore ideas and experiences that will shape their thoughts, beliefs, actions, and goals for the rest of their lives.
- Middlebury, while not a ‘service academy,’ assists veterans and those interested in a career in the armed forces.
- Every year, students can form new clubs, so the opportunities for involvement are virtually limitless.
- You will notice a plethora of field trips both within and outside of Oxford once you join this college.
Students have many on-campus housing options. Middlebury College has over 60 student housing buildings on campus. It is entirely up to students whether they live on campus or with other residents.
- Approximately 95% of all classmates would rather stay on campus.
- Senior students may also choose off-campus housing with Residential Life’s approval.
- You can opt for rooms, suites, houses and townhouses, superblocks, and social houses.
Middlebury College’s internship programs enhance student learning and engagement in various study programs. As part of the program, students typically apply for paid internships four days a week. While there are many more internships with a traditional focus on food and agriculture, the remaining opportunities listed are appealing to students with the following career fields or skills and interests-
- Architecture and Planning
- Business and Consulting
- Community Organizing
- Communication systems & Media
- Event Planning
- Economic Development
- Government and Policy
- Retail and Merchandising
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Science and Technology
- The college has over 850 courses available in 45 majors, as well as STEM and preprofessional programs.
- You must submit your IELTS, TOEFL, and ACT scores for admission to Middlebury College.
- Approximately 95% of all students mostly decide to stay on campus.
- Students interested in Health, Education, Research, and more can apply for an internship with the college’s help.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your thoughts in the comments below. Please contact us by clicking here for more information on Middlebury College. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Here’s a comprehensive guide to Saint Leo University
Q1. How much is the tuition at Middlebury College?
Answer- The tuition fee for undergraduates at Middlebury College is approximately 57,880 USD.
Q2. Is it difficult to get into Middlebury College?
Answer- Only 15 out of every 100 applicants get accepted to the college. It indicates that the school is extremely selective. Meeting their GPA and SAT/ACT requirements is critical to getting past their first round of filters and demonstrating your academic preparation.
Q3. Is Middlebury a good place to live?
Answer- Middlebury, in Addison County, is one of Vermont’s best places to live. Middlebury provides residents with a dense suburban feel, and most residents own their homes. Middlebury is home to many young professionals, and the population is liberal. Middlebury’s public schools hold a great academic reputation.