Table of Contents
About Anhalt University of Applied Sciences
Köthen, Bernburg, and Dessau are all home to the Anhalt University of Applied Sciences. Köthen is a historically significant cultural and educational center. Bernburg, Dessau, and Köthen each offer 33 undergraduate and 40 graduate programs.
The university provides full-time and part-time. You can choose what’s best for you. Whether in economics and agriculture, design and architecture, or mechanical and engineering, all departments focus on the professional career ahead of you.
The university teaches most technical subjects in Köthen. In addition, a portion of the state preparatory college is here, which prepares international students for university study in Germany. Ecomorphology and economics/agriculture/nature conservation are the two departments in Bernburg.
Why study at the Anhalt University of Applied Sciences?
Let’s take a look at a few reasons that highlight its educational value-
- Bernburg, Dessau, and Köthen are cities offering a good quality of life and several cultural and natural attractions. They are in the German state with the highest density of UNESCO world heritage sites.
- Anhalt University serves as a research hub for the entire region. The university establishes long-term relationships with local institutions and businesses; today’s students are tomorrow’s employees.
- The Student Union, as an elected body, represents the university-political, social, and economic interests of all Anhalt University students. It manages the student body’s ongoing business in collaboration with the department’s student representatives.
- The DAAD, funded by the German Foreign Office, offers a scholarship and advice program (STIBET).
- The main goal of the Graduation Scholarship and the Scholarship for Social Commitment is to provide financial assistance to qualified international students enrolled in bachelor’s and master’s programs so that they can focus solely on writing their final thesis and completing their studies.
- The facilities are adequate for the program, and there may be a stronger bond between students and instructors than in other colleges.
Anhalt University of Applied Sciences courses
The university has seven departments and 33 bachelor’s and 40 master’s programs across three campuses.
- It offers more than 14 courses entirely in English, paving the way for international acceptance and popularity.
- Full-course programs are also available in both German and English. Architecture, biomedical engineering, electrical and computer engineering, and biotechnology are among the university’s most popular courses.
- The student-to-faculty ratio is approximately 9:1, ensuring quality education and personal care for students, allowing them to learn more effectively. Agriculture and Economics-related departments are at the Bernburg campus, which has multifunctional classrooms and qualified faculty.
- The Dessau campus focuses on architecture and design, whereas the Köthen campus dedicates to the university’s engineering program
Here’s how you can apply to the university-
- Apply online at the Anhalt University’s official website’s application portal.
- Complete all the requirements for the program to which you want to apply.
- Examine your application, then upload the necessary documents.
- Complete the application fee payment.
- The application fee for Anhalt is 75 EUR.
Note- Every international student pursuing a specialist degree at a German institution is required to have health insurance. There is no enrollment without proof of health insurance coverage.
- Official academic transcripts
- Copy of passport
- Two original passport photos
- Statement of purpose
- Financial documents
Exams accepted at the university
|Minimum6.5||Minimum85||MinimumC1 Advanced (CAE)|
|Maximum7||Maximum95||MaximumC2 Proficiency (CPE)|
Campus and accommodation
Anhalt University of Applied Sciences operates three campuses- Bernburg, Dessau, and Köthen. They all offer unique amenities to students and foster a memorable student experience.
- The Bernburg campus is home to approximately 3,000 students who study and live in the campus residence halls. The Bernburg campus is home to agriculture, ecomorphology, landscape development, and economics departments. 53 professors guide, teach and supervise students in academics and other college-related matters.
- The Dessau campus houses several international students in a small area that promotes global thinking and exposure. This campus houses architecture, facility management and geoinformation services, and design departments.
- There is a library stocked with academic books and articles, and numerous student-led organizations address the needs and interests of all students, fostering an atmosphere of intercultural bonding on campus.
- The Kothen campus is the most active because there are always activities for students to participate in. The campus has three technology-based departments.
- There is also a preparatory school where 450 students worldwide prepare to study in Germany.
- Around 30 members of the StudentenKlub work in a band, photo club, university radio, Mensa cellar, and VT club.
- The ISC student club bridges cultural divides and fosters friendship across all nationalities, university sports keep students active, and dining areas and cafes serve delicious meals all day.
- The university has campuses in Köthen, Bernburg, and Dessau. Köthen is a historically important center of culture and education. Bernburg focuses on natural sciences, and Dessau’s Bauhaus inspires people worldwide with architecture and design.
- The university has the best multicultural experiences for students, allowing them to interact with professionals in various fields.
- The bachelor’s and master’s programs in seven departments all have one thing in common; they prepare students for a successful start in their careers along with expert teaching and knowledge.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your thoughts in the comments below. Please contact us by clicking here for more information on the Anhalt University of Applied Sciences. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Brown University ranking | Subjects, employability, and more!
Q1. What is the acceptance rate at the Anhalt University of Applied Science?
Answer- The acceptance rate at the university is 49%. Admission to Anhalt University is a bit competitive.
Q2. What are the fees for international students?
Answer- On an average, tuition fees at the Anhalt University of Applied Sciences range from 1,500 to 3,000 EUR. International students can apply for a variety of scholarships to help with the costs of studying in Germany.
Q3. Is Germany good for a living?
Answer- Germany is a wonderful place to live. It has a high standard of living, a strong economy, and a diverse range of cultural and entertainment options for a healthy work-life balance.