Table of Contents
- About Royal Holloway University of London
- Reasons for the Royal Holloway University of London’s ranking
- What are the university’s efforts toward the ranking?
- UK league table rankings
- Royal Holloway University of London’s QS ranking
- Royal Holloway University of London’s ranking
- Royal Holloway University of London’s subject rankings
- US News and World Report (Indicator ranking)
- Key takeaways
About Royal Holloway University of London
Royal Holloway University is home to some of the world’s foremost authorities in the sciences, arts, business, economics, and law. It is one of the UK’s leading research-intensive universities. It changes lives, broadens minds, and helps current, and future leaders understand power and responsibility as teachers and researchers.. Diversity strengthens the university and welcomes students and academics worldwide to study and work here. It ensures an international and multicultural perspective within a close-knit and historic campus. What is the reason for the Royal Holloway University of London’s ranking? What contributes to worldwide reputation? Let’s find out in the blog.
Reasons for the Royal Holloway University of London’s ranking
1. Graduate employability
Royal Holloway places a high value on its graduates’ employability. Throughout your degree, career guidance and support is always available. You can book one-on-one appointments. The university also provides CV and application checks. They can practice interviews, as well as attend various skills workshops.
The university’s ‘Careers and Employability Service’ is part of ‘The Careers Group’, Europe’s largest and most comprehensive careers service. Within six months of graduation, 91% of Royal Holloway graduates get employment or continue their education (Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education 2018).
2. Student satisfaction
Students highly value their time at Royal Holloway. According to a survey, its overall satisfaction score is 79% for 2022.
According to the most recent Research Excellence Framework, Royal Holloway is among the top 25% of UK universities for research. They rate the university as ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent.’ In Times Higher Education’s (THE) analysis and rankings of the REF 2021 results (May 2022), Royal Holloway ranks 15th in the UK for the overall quality of its research outputs.
With a focus on research-led teaching, learning directly from world experts is possible at Royal Holloway.
4. Strong alumni
Royal Holloway is a diverse and cosmopolitan community with a solid international spirit, with nearly a third of students coming from outside the UK. The university has alumni from 165 countries.
Notable alumni include-
- George Eliot- Novelist
- Emily Davison- Suffragette
- Dr. Elizabeth Blackwell- First woman doctor in the west
- Mark Strong- Actor
- David Bellamy- Broadcaster and scientist
The Royal Holloway campus is well-known as one of the most beautiful in the world, and the Founder’s Building is one of the most spectacular university structures.
- Royal Holloway is only 40 minutes by train from London and seven miles from London Heathrow Airport.
- The majority of teaching, lodging, and social activities take place on campus.
- A multi-million-pound estate investment program that is constantly evolving continues to improve the campus.
What are the university’s efforts toward the ranking?
The university’s ranking in the prestigious league table validates the experience it provides students through high-quality teaching and world-class research. It fosters a community of motivated students who strive for excellence.
Royal Holloway continually invests in resources for students and advances the positive impact it can achieve as a research-intensive university. It also pays attention to technology. The technologically advanced structures provide high-quality facilities for all students and staff.
UK league table rankings
- The Guardian University Guide 2023 – 33rd
- The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023- 29th
- The Complete University Guide 2023- 33rd
- Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2023 – Royal Holloway’s score puts the university in the top 400 worldwide and joint 41st overall in the UK.
Royal Holloway University of London’s QS ranking
|QS World University Rankings||2023||2022||2021||2020||2019||2018|
|Citations per faculty||42.5|
Royal Holloway University of London’s ranking
- Best Global Universities (tie)- 593
- Best Global Universities in Europe- 248
- Best Global Universities in the United Kingdom- 48
Royal Holloway University of London’s subject rankings
- Geosciences (tie)- 250
- Physics– 338
- Psychiatry/Psychology (tie)- 311
- Social Sciences and Public Health (tie)- 390
US News and World Report (Indicator ranking)
|Global research reputation||476|
|Regional research reputation||528|
|International collaboration – relative to the country||1058|
|Number of publications that are among 10% most cited||642|
|Percentage of total publications that are among 10% most cited||283|
|Normalized citation impact||325|
|Number of highly cited papers that are among the top 1% most cited in their respective field||675|
|Percentage of total publications that are among the top 1% most highly cited papers||597|
- Research, graduate employability, student satisfaction, a thriving campus, and strong alumni are among the factors for the Royal Holloway University of London’s ranking.
- Royal Holloway is constantly investing in student resources and expanding the positive impact it can have as a research-intensive university.
- It also considers technology. Students and staff have access to high-quality technological facilities.
- Academic evaluators like QS World University Rankings, Times Higher Education, and US News and World Report rank the university.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your thoughts in the comments below. Please contact us by clicking here for more information on the Royal Holloway University of London’s ranking. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: All about the University of Oxford rankings & ratings
Q1. Is it difficult to get into Royal Holloway?
Answer- The Royal Holloway University of London is a top university in the United Kingdom. Its acceptance rate is 17%. It has highly competitive courses. It is not difficult to gain admission to the university if you meet the eligibility requirements.
Q2. Where do Royal Holloway students live?
Answer- You can live near the campus in private housing. It is private housing. So renting a flat or a house in Egham, near Englefield Green, or the nearby towns of Windsor and Staines-upon-Thames is possible. Private housing is owned and managed by a private landlord rather than Royal Holloway.
Q3. Does Royal Holloway give scholarships?
Answer- For successful applicants, the scholarships provide a cash award or a tuition fee reduction. They usually award them on the basis of your scholarship application statement and academic achievements.