Table of Contents
The demands of the medical sector are difficult to address given the ever-increasing advancement in the area of medicine, paired with the rise of the global population. With the complexity of medical institutions increasing by the day, the requirement for individuals who can perform administrative operations with utmost accuracy has become crucial.
Scope of a hospital administration course
Promotions and bigger pay packages are a lucrative aspect of your career with experience and other essential abilities. You can work with a wide range of organizations globally. You will be given the authority to assess and analyze the operations of many departments, which will assist you in developing a better rapport while allowing you to communicate with the patients.
In a nutshell, these programs are meant to educate students about senior management positions in which they would be responsible for creating and maintaining a healthy working environment for physicians and other health professionals. They are also in charge of maintaining the hospital’s infrastructure, overlooking supplies, as well as performing numerous duties that contribute to the hospital’s improvement.
Some responsibilities of a hospital administrator include –
- To satisfy daily requirements, restocking and replacing commodities is an important task for a professional in the field.
- Assigning responsibilities to manage the staff’s activities and services and supervising them.
- Assuring that patients do not experience any issues as a result of poor management, inefficiency, or maladministration throughout their hospital stay.
Hospital administration course eligibility
- You must have completed your 12th studies at a recognized institute.
- You must have received a 50% or above on your 12th-grade board examinations.
- For a Master’s degree, you need to have passed entrance exams such as CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, and others.
- Some prestigious institutions, such as AIIMS, admit students to Hospital Management programs only if they have completed an MBBS degree.
How to prepare for the entrance exams
The admission test for the hospital management program is quite difficult. To pass this test, you’ll need to put in a lot of effort, as explained below.
- You will need to practice general knowledge, logical thinking, numerical competence, and English language skills.
- Practicing old problems, previous years’ mock tests, and reading books on reasoning and math aptitude will be extremely beneficial in preparation for these exams.
- Since you have to answer 50 questions in 90 minutes, you must manage your time accordingly to complete your paper on time.
Hospital administration course syllabus
The hospital administration course duration can vary from 1 to 4 years. If you have a passion to serve humans with the best service then this career can prove to be the best one for you.
The syllabus of the hospital management course includes –
- Principles of Management
- Marketing Management
- Managerial Communication
- Organizational Behaviour
- Healthcare Economics
- Health Management
- Fundamental of Healthcare Administration
- Hospital Planning
- Hospital Administration
- Strategic Management
- Finance Management
The job profiles after a hospital administration course include –
- Hospital administrators
- Blood bank administrators
- Quality management executive
- Organ transplant program manager
- Social and community service manager
- Health insurance specialist
After completing a hospital administration course, you may find these job profiles in organizations such as –
- Public health agencies
- Mental health facilities
- Health insurance firms
- Educational institutes
- Private nursing homes
- Blood Bank
- Rehabilitation centers
Hospital administration certificate courses
A certificate course in hospital administration aims to provide specific skills to those working in the field of hospital administration. Candidates with superior interpersonal skills, relationship-building talents, and industry knowledge are likely to benefit from the course as it helps them get their foot in the door in the industry.
We have listed some of the certificate courses below –
- Drug Development Product Management Specialization by UCSD (University of California, San Diego)
- The Business of Health Care Specialization by University of Pennsylvania
- Integrative Nursing Specialization by University of Minnesota
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Medical Office Administration Certificate
What we have to say
If government agencies, pharmaceutical companies, insurance companies, hospitals, and other healthcare-related institutions pique your interest, a hospital administration can certainly help you. Medical universities, health insurance organizations, and hospitals are all places where you can work after graduation.
As a healthcare manager, you will be responsible for planning, managing, and directing the daily operations of the healthcare industry. The growing pace of the healthcare industry certainly promises a good compensation and excellent prospects. Hence opting for a hospital administration course can turn out to be a rewarding career.
Q1. Is NEET required for a hospital administration course?
Answer – No, NEET is not required for a hospital administration course
Q2. Can hospital management be pursued at an undergraduate level?
Answer – Yes, hospital management can be pursued at an undergraduate level with degrees such as BHM (Bachelors of hospital management)
Q3. Can you opt for hospital management courses after the 10th?
Answer – You can opt for a hospital administration diploma course after the 10th.