Table of Contents
Despite a sincere inclination in students and professionals from several fields to pursue an MBA, there is a lack of competent management graduates in the international employment market. So taking up this discipline as your postgraduate course will provide you with ample opportunities. But if you wish to truly have a bright future as a management graduate, we recommend that you pursue only the best MBA courses in the world.
Let’s dive into all there is to know about the MBA and dissect the 5 different types of MBA courses we think you should choose from!
What is an MBA course?
Masters in Business Administration, more popularly known as MBA, has become the most popular qualification for management aspirants around the world. It was first initiated by the Harvard University Graduate School of Administration in 1908. This prestigious course is one like no other, because it molds you into a seasoned professional who is ready to enter the job market.
Some of the best MBA courses in the world not only teach you about the fundamentals of management, but also help you develop a professional network. They also provide internship and work opportunities to help you hone the business skills you have learned in class.
There are typically 5 different types of specializations that most universities offer in their MBA programs. Take a look at all these MBA courses so that you can decide which one is best suited to your skills and ambitions-
1. MBA in Finance
The MBA in Finance is one of the toughest as well as lucrative courses you can choose as a management aspirant. This specialization of MBA focuses on management, accounting, and accounts control. In this course, you will learn about the capital and money markets, fundamental concepts on banking, as well as international trade and finance. With an MBA in Finance specialization, you can expect to qualify for jobs such as an investment banker, a corporate financial advisor, etc.
Some of the best MBA courses with Finance specialization are-
- MBA in Finance at the University of Alberta in Canada.
- Global Financial Services MBA at the Coventry University in the UK.
- MBA in Finance at the Stanford University in the USA.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) Finance at the Dublin Business School in Ireland.
2. MBA in Marketing
If you consider yourself tactful and creative, then an MBA in marketing is the right career choice for you. In this course, you will learn all there is to know about marketing, advertising, and public relations. It will also shape you into a professional who is result-oriented as well as diverse in their skillset. This course can also help you develop sharp marketing skills, like quick judgment and decision making.
Some prestigious colleges that offer this course include-
- MBA in Global Marketing at the Business and Hotel Management School in Switzerland.
- International Marketing MBA at the Coventry University in the UK.
- MBA in Marketing Analytics at the Pace University in the USA.
- MBA International Marketing at the IU International University of Applied Sciences in Germany.
3. MBA in Information Technology
This is probably the best MBA course for management aspirants who have a keen interest in all things tech. With the rapid growth of the global Internet and Telecommunications Industry, organizations are now using complex technological tools and software to handle day-to-day tasks. As a result, MBA in IT is becoming more popular by the day. This course will teach you not only how to operate and calibrate such software, but also how to manage teams of highly talented software engineers.
- MBA in Management of Information Technology from Schiller International University in Germany.
- MBA from the MIT Sloan School of Management in the USA.
- Harvard Business School in the USA.
- MBA from the London Business School in the UK.
4. MBA in International Business
If the international arena of business and the perks of globalization are things that interest you, then you can choose to enroll for an MBA in International Business. This is arguably one of the best MBA courses in demand for Asian students seeking to study abroad. This is because these types of courses are best studied with some practical experiences and international exposure. It is advisable that you enroll for an MBA in International Business in countries like the USA, the UK, Canada, Singapore, Australia, or even Ireland, or Germany.
Some of the best colleges for an MBA in International Business are-
- MBA in International Business at the University of Alberta in Canada.
- MBA International Business at the University of Greenwich in the UK.
- International Master of Business Administration at the York University in Canada.
- MBA – International Business at the University of Regina in Canada.
5. MBA in Operations Management
Operations management is a subject that has recently undergone a significant change because of the introduction of remote working models across the world. This course is beneficial for management aspirants who are looking to gain employment in large Multinational Corporations (MNCs) that are involved with large-scale production and supply chain processes. It is considered to be the best MBA course for future entrepreneurship as well, because it teaches you everything there is to know about running the operations of a business enterprise.
The best colleges and universities where you can apply for this course are-
- MBA in Operations Management at the University of Saskatchewan in Canada.
- MBA in Operations Management at the Ara Institute of Canterbury in New Zealand.
- Operations Management at the Republic Polytechnic in Singapore.
- MBA in Operations Management at the University of Manchester in the UK.
Prominent MBA Schools Across the World
Even after looking at some of the most lucrative and career-oriented MBA courses, you may want to look further to expand your choices. Hence, here is a list of 7 such universities across the world that offer some of the best MBA courses.
Note: While many of them have already been covered in the previous sections, there are a few more on this list that may interest you.
- The Wharton School, The University of Pennsylvania, in the USA.
- Stanford Graduate School of Business, Stanford University, in the USA.
- Institut Européen d’Administration des Affaires (INSEAD), in France.
- MIT Sloan School of Management, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, in the USA.
- Harvard Business School, Harvard University, in the USA.
- London Business School, The University of London, in the UK.
- Judge Business School, The University of Cambridge, in the UK.
With this expansive list of options, you no longer need to look anywhere else. The best part about studying MBA abroad is that you not only get a better quality of education but also learn about tons of different cultures.
This can enhance your international outlook and make you a successful MBA graduate with a higher level of emotional intelligence and cultural awareness.
1. What is the best MBA program in the world?
From the rankings of Top Universities, the best MBA program in the world of 2021 is provided by the Stanford Graduate School of Business in the USA.
2. What are some other best MBA colleges in the world?
Apart from the ones mentioned here, there are many other MBA colleges in the world, like –
- Booth School of Business (University of Chicago) in the USA.
- HEC Paris in France.
- The Haas School of Business (University of Berkeley) in the USA.
- IE Business School Madrid in Spain.
- The Kellogg School of Management in the USA.
- Columbia Business School (University of New York) in the USA.
- Said Business School (Oxford University) in the UK.
- Ross School of Business (University of Ann Arbor) in the USA, and many more.
3. Which are the best MBA colleges in the world for Indian students?
Some of the best business colleges mentioned here are considered the best for Indian students for several reasons. However, the ones in the USA, the UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, and more, are also a great choice for Indian students.
This is all we have for you, for now, readers. If you have any more doubts about which is the best MBA course in the world, feel free to get in touch with us.
Or you can also comment below and share your thoughts!
Did you like this blog? If yes, then you may find 7 principles of management every MBA aspirant must know about an interesting read!