Table of Contents
- 1. Harvard Business School
- 2. MIT Sloan School of Management
- 3. London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
- 4. Stanford Graduate School of Business
- 5. Saïd Business School
- 6. Cambridge Judge Business School
- 7. Berkeley Haas School of Business
- 8. Columbia Business School
- 9. Alliance Manchester Business School
- 10. Yale School of Management
- Key Takeaway
Accounting has become one of the most sought-after career options for students worldwide. Despite being an extremely challenging academic pursuit, it has gained immense popularity. This is due to the wide range of promising career prospects available to accounting graduates. If you have decided to study accountancy, it is time to choose a good accounting institute. There are numerous reputable accounting colleges worldwide. So, here are a few options you can choose from to make your academic journey fruitful-
1. Harvard Business School
- Situated in Boston, Massachusetts, Harvard Business School is one of the most renowned accounting colleges in the world.
- Known for being one of America’s oldest higher education institutions, it offers a number of doctoral, postgraduate and executive programs in finance and accountancy.
- In fact, the business school has produced numerous notable names in finance such as Mike Bloomberg and Bill Gates.
- It features state-of-the-art infrastructure, including extensive libraries and a wide range of resources, providing you with the perfect study environment.
- The institute provides you with tremendous career opportunities along with campus placements as well as internship prospects.
2. MIT Sloan School of Management
- MIT Sloan School of Management is a part of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, making it count amongst the best accounting colleges in the world.
- Being one of the leading research institutions, it also offers you a wide variety of programs in finance, accountancy, management, and business analytics.
- In addition, the management school has an intensive admission process that considers your intellectual curiosity, teamwork skills, and initiative.
- The school additionally provides numerous campus placement opportunities, helping you make place in the fields of business, finance and accountancy.
3. London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
- Situated at the heart of London, the London School of Economics and Political Science focuses on a myriad of disciplines in finance and economics.
- It has a well-established Department of Accounting, which is famous for BSc Accounting and Finance.
- In addition to being renowned for its cutting-edge research, the institute provides you with exposure to real-world affairs, making it one of the most popular accounting colleges in the world.
- Offering several electives and optional courses, this institute strives to provide a perfect amalgamation of theoretical and practical knowledge for you.
4. Stanford Graduate School of Business
- Stanford Graduate School of Business is a part of Stanford University, situated in Silicon Valley, U.S.
- Above all, it has a world-class faculty and has developed a culture of collaboration and innovation.
- It offers you degree programs in accountancy at the graduate level and is counted amongst the most esteemed accounting colleges in the world.
- It not only provides you with the theoretical knowledge needed to make your own place in the world of accounting but also helps in expanding your mindset and honing your analytical skills.
5. Saïd Business School
- Saïd Business School at the University of Oxford is listed amongst the most reputable accounting colleges in the world.
- With a reputation for excellence, it is widely known for its revolutionary, transformative education system, making it the perfect fit for you.
- Similarly, focusing on enhancing your leadership and management skills, it offers several programs in the fields of business, strategy, finance, management, and leadership.
- It exposes all students to a global network of opportunities.
- Several prestigious firms and organizations recruit students from this institute every year.
6. Cambridge Judge Business School
- The University of Cambridge is home to Cambridge Judge Business School, renowned as one of the world’s most sought-after accounting colleges.
- What’s more, it helps you develop your academic and practical skills by combining professional experience with academic rigor.
- Moreover, it offers many programs at multiple academic levels, all of which provide students with fundamentals of the subject.
- It also offers a Master of Accounting that has produced a number of successful graduates in roles like CEOs, CFOs, senior managers, and VPs.
7. Berkeley Haas School of Business
- Situated in the Bay Area, Berkeley Haas School of Business is a part of the University of California, Berkeley (UCB).
- It is one of the best accounting colleges in the U.S. as well as the rest of the world.
- With highly experienced faculty and modern-day infrastructure, this business school offers a variety of full-time, part-time, and executive programs.
- In addition, a robust culture of excellence and leadership equips you with the necessary technical skills and in-depth knowledge.
- The business school not only exposes you to global opportunities but also ensures hands-on learning and leadership skill development.
8. Columbia Business School
- Situated right in the middle of New York City, Columbia Business School offers various undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral, and executive programs.
- With renowned faculty members and ground-breaking research initiatives, it is considered one of the best accounting colleges globally.
- It offers Masters of Science in Accounting and Fundamental Analysis.
- Notably, graduates from this business school have been placed at top accounting and capital firms, making a name for themselves in the field.
9. Alliance Manchester Business School
- Situated in Manchester, England, this business school of the University of Manchester places great value on innovation and out-of-the-box thinking.
- Likewise, with triple accreditation from AMBA, EQUIS, and AACSB International, it provides industry-focused education to students enrolled in all courses; making it one of the most famous accounting colleges worldwide.
- Moreover, this institute offers an array of undergraduate, postgraduate, and executive programs in various accounting, business, and management disciplines.
10. Yale School of Management
- Yale School of Management is an integral part of the esteemed Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut. Thus, it is counted amongst the leading accounting colleges globally.
- Deeply committed to excellence in both teaching and research, it offers many options when it comes to graduate, postgraduate, doctoral, joint degree, executive and certificate programs.
- It fosters in-depth learning in management, accountancy, innovation, entrepreneurship, and business.
- Furthermore, it provides you with a plethora of fantastic career opportunities to help you make your way to the top.
So, these are the top 10 accounting colleges in the world. You can choose to study in these to make a successful career in the field of accountancy, finance, or business.
If you are planning to apply to any college for an accounting course, feel free to reach out to us for any assistance!
Liked this Blog? Read next: World’s 5 best accounting jobs with insider tips on how to get them
Q1. Which are some other prominent accounting colleges globally?
Answer- Some of the other prominent accounting colleges worldwide include-
- Yale School of Management,
- Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania,
- University of Chicago, Booth School of Business and
- NYU Stern School of Business.
Q2. What are the different types of accounting degree programs?
Answer- There are several types of accounting degree programs at various academic levels. Some of these include Bachelor of Accountancy, Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Accounting, Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Accounting, Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Accounting, and Bachelor of Commerce (B.com) in Accounting.
Q3. Which is the best country to take up an accounting program?
Answer- Some of the top countries to study accounting include the U.K., Singapore, Germany, Brazil, Hong Kong and the U.S.